Author Topic: Ragnarok Online: RE:START  (Read 6107 times)

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
  • this is our time
    • View Profile
Ragnarok Online: RE:START
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:28:11 PM »

DOWNLOAD HERE!

So iRO is doing a new server. Renewal, starting at the commodo patch with a slight mix of mechanics.

About Ragnarok RE:START

Experience the nostalgia of the classic MMORPG Ragnarok Online with Ragnarok RE:START! iRO takes us back in time to 2003 on their first Progression Server. Experience new content and updates just like the first time! Craft your character as the world evolves by returning to Rune Midgard to party with friends and explore the world with new eyes.

Start off in the training grounds that have seen millions of novices launch their lifetime of adventure. Take pets out for a walk through lush forests to creepy ruins or even to the bottom of the ocean!  Hunt the deadliest of creatures for fun and profit! Quest and learn the lore and history of Midgard! All while collecting a multitude of cute hats and powerful equipment to achieve that perfect look. Customize your gear and stats for your personal playstyle. Join the player driven economy where those with good business sense can increase their zeny stockpile selling and purchasing those rare items from other adventurers.

With the full suite of convenience features such as RODEX and Achievements, players will find that it is easier than ever to keep in touch with friends and compete with others to be the best adventurer in the realm. Every month Ragnarok RE:START servers take one step closer to the Ragnarok Online of today, as new dungeons, monsters, and episodes come into play!

https://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/214441-ragnarok-online-restart/

Beta sign up keys:

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways/ragnarok-restart-gift-key-giveaway-1000000830

Get notifications of when the server is ready:

https://warpportal.com/landing/ragnarokrestart/preregistration.aspx
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:51:56 PM by Blueness »
iRO Classic, iRO Ymir, iRO Loki, iRO Valkyrie, iRO Sakray Goodbye RO! | ropd | http://www.rainymood.com

breeg : if you ds fast enough it\'s kinda like having them exp tap shit for you

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.

Discord! https://discord.gg/qswvEPQ

Offline Vienna

• Crazy Bird Lady
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok Online: RE:START
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 01:32:42 PM »
An example of what to expect at launch:
  • Only 2-1 Classes will be available, (Hunter, Priest, Wizard, Blacksmith, Knight, and Assassin)
  • Comodo Era Spawn Locations (Monster drops are not correct to the era, strawberries and such will drop.)
  • Classic Mechanics:
  • Classic EXP Table (Unconfirmed, a rumor is floating about it being 250mil exp for 98->99 on thRO's RevoClassic Server but they may have changed theirs for battle manual profits. WarpPortal has not disclosed their exp tables yet)
  • EXP from monsters is static and uses classic DB
  • Monster HP is from Classic's DB
  • Renewal Mechanics:
  • Element damage tables
  • ATK/mATK
  • Hit/Flee
  • Defense
  • Healing equation
  • Cast Times (Modified to remove FIXED cast)
  • Gear/Weapon Refines
What does this mean for people who aren't familiar with Classic and Renewal's difference of mechanics?

-You won't be limited to hunting monsters that are your own level like you would be in Renewal. No matter what level you are, you will get the same exp from killing a poring, spore, or any other monster. This also means if you are able to kill difficult, high exp monsters, when you are lower level you have the potential to level faster than you would in renewal. However the exp table hits a sharp curve at the higher levels, and continues getting worse... going up exponentially at 95+

-Leveling becomes more "Static" than Renewal since once you become effective at killing in the highest yield exp area, you aren't forced to move around. If at level 70 you can kill whatever is the best exp/hour map of your class, you can expect to be stuck there until 99.

-Classic players will find themselves wanting to upgrade their weapons to higher ATK and mATK weapons rather than looking for the weapon with the most slots. Cards damage calculation for renewal is a huge change. You can check out the info on the iROWiki renewal wiki if you want to see the calculations. Essentially, the ATK/mATK is the primary contributor to damage and cards only effect that now, not overall damage.

-ATK/mATK based gear becomes more important than int/dex/str in most cases. Example: Slotted Bow Thimbles would be more desirable than Slotted Gloves for archer types since they no longer need to hit "Dex bonuses" found in classic calculation.

-Defense on an item is not as strong as it is in classic. While equipping npc gears for basic defense early on is helpful, the model of +20 gear was made for renewal to expand the difficulty of getting very high hard defense. Campitor on WarpPortal confirmed that getting above +10 will be possible.

-Shadow element armor from Bathory Card is not as useful as it once was for classic players, it no longer blocks status effects.

-Healing will feel greatly nerfed to classic players. Not only does healing require mATK weapons to improve effectiveness, but it doesn't gain as much boost from INT as classic. On the bright side, you won't have to wait for certain level+int milestones to obtain larger heals. Each int adds more effectiveness.

-Using renewal's hit/flee mechanic has kinda been awkward. I'm seeing a lot more "miss" on attacks vs things I should be able to easily hit on a classic server. However, I'm also not being HIT as much as I would be with classic mechanics. Flee has a better calculation for renewal, but the hit requirements of renewal just doesn't fit some monsters quite right.

-Magic users (people with cast times in general) will be a lot weaker than they were in classic. While mages get the boost of bolts being cast much faster, reaching instant cast will be impossible, even at 150 dex. The fixed cast time found in traditional Renewal has been removed for the time being, making it possible to get faster casting than you would see on Renewal with the same amount of dex, but it is still not wise to max dex on a caster assuming you'll eventually be able to cast instantly. Cast speed also is effected by int+dex in this equation.

There's a lot more little nicky picky things. If you have any questions I can try finding the answers on the pRO beta server if it's something I can reasonably test.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:49:23 PM by Vienna »
- iRO Classic : Vienna -

Offline Kelen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 10:00:14 PM »

There's a lot more little nicky picky things. If you have any questions I can try finding the answers on the pRO beta server if it's something I can reasonably test.
Really useful post, thanks! Quick question, the "Stats" page on the wiki says that it's not updated. Do you have any idea how stat points work (like how 10 STR gives a bonus in Classic etc.)? Or is what the wiki says accurate for the most part?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 02:12:55 PM by Blueness »

Offline Bazz

• Unlimited User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 04:23:55 PM »
-Magic users (people with cast times in general) will be a lot weaker than they were in classic. While mages get the boost of bolts being cast much faster, reaching instant cast will be impossible, even at 150 dex. The fixed cast time found in traditional Renewal has been removed for the time being, making it possible to get faster casting than you would see on Renewal with the same amount of dex, but it is still not wise to max dex on a caster assuming you'll eventually be able to cast instantly. Cast speed also is effected by int+dex in this equation.

So is it that the 20% fixed cast time is just completely removed or its still on the skill but its not fixed?

EG stormgust is listed as 12sec cast time , is stormgust now 10.6sec cast time or is it still 12sec its just that dex/int affects them?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:13:06 PM by Bazz »

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
  • this is our time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 06:07:11 PM »
That's a good question, if I get to wizard on the new pRO before monday I can check that.
iRO Classic, iRO Ymir, iRO Loki, iRO Valkyrie, iRO Sakray Goodbye RO! | ropd | http://www.rainymood.com

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.

Offline Bazz

• Unlimited User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 10:36:40 PM »
I tried with lvl 10 fbolt with 57 int 12 dex and it takes about 2 seconds

https://i.gyazo.com/fbc46a9666ab01e02ba11776f456aed8.mp4

I'm not sure exactly how int and dex affects the cast but that seems really quick

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:47:27 PM by Bazz »

Offline Vienna

• Crazy Bird Lady
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 06:00:35 PM »
Spells seem insanely quick, yes. They don't seem quite as powerful as back in the day though. So it takes more SP (many more casts) for the same amount of killing. =(

The whole server is very broken as far as monster spawns. We spent yesterday looking for alternate leveling spots, tried louyang... 400/400xp with BM/jBM on. Went to Churchyard to try prisoners, which in that era should spawn there. We found evil druids and wraths, all giving 400/400xp as well.

If iRO launches a test with this same errors I'm going to be a bit grouchy. There's no need for such drastic negligence on fixing spawns and exp tables for areas that are usually very heavily used.

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
  • this is our time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 06:13:26 PM »

I'm not sure exactly how int and dex affects the cast but that seems really quick

With 90 total int and 20 total dex my FB 10 was just flying! Probably .75 seconds.

We did see someone SG a clock and it froze in two hits but I wasn't paying attention to the cast time.

I don't think I'll make it to wizard before the server closes, so we'll have to test when iRO Launches.

Offline Vienna

• Crazy Bird Lady
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 09:38:56 AM »
The lag coupled with the terrible attitude of archers spamming pots+DS and just the general KS happy attitude of the server killed our drive to do much more before closing. I would have loved to seen second class to play higher levels but it wasn't going to happen. The alternate maps we wanted to try to get out of the clocks, geos, and prison bottleneck weren't available. Church wasn't the right spawns, the monsters there did not give the right exp. Migaos was horrible exp.

I hope to see the iRO one being a bit more controlled with a proper feedback channel. pRO only had a live chat support with up to an hour queue time for support and they just told you to email their support email anyhow.

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
  • this is our time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 07:45:52 PM »
Releasing tomorrow at 6:30 MTN time for "headstart" people, assumably the people who have a key.

Orr the key people get KP and anyone can actually join... WP is not being clear.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:07:55 PM by Blueness »

Offline Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 08:38:56 AM »
I found out about this today and logged in to grab my names. They were available. 300 people online :)

iRO Chaos: V i v i d - 99 Sniper
WoW - Megingjard

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
  • this is our time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 08:55:46 AM »
Spread the word!

Offline Melu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 11:31:53 AM »
i wanna make a wizard like old times :D a flan
this will be fun

Offline Reverie

• Hermit
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 01:32:51 AM »
I'm not sure even this can make me reinstall this game. Seems nice though.