Author Topic: The Assassin Thread - Classic Edition  (Read 18698 times)

Offline Akintunde

• View Profile
Re: The Assassin Thread - Classic Edition
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2013, 02:45:52 PM »
Quote from: JollyGreen;1365346
Quote from: Akintunde;1365338
SB in a WoE environment is the least of your concerns.  Asura, Acid Bomb, MS/SG, SS, NW are the killers.  Hell, I'd be more worried about Bowling Bash (and with Concentration, you won't be fleeing that).

Which, on topic, Assassin Crosses, SBing a Sniper is just, well, pointless.  Kill everything else.

What are you talking about? I'm not trying to flee anything at all. I was just pointing out, that in earlier posts, there was concern about being able to hit "high flee characters" in woe with SB. A response was given that suggested that such a thing is not of concern do to the fact that there is a nerf of the stat on WoE maps. I pretty much stated, in so many words, that this was false, as I am a living example of this. Whether or not SBing a "high flee character", like a Sniper, is useless or not, is besides the point.

A Sniper is far from useless in WoE.  They're one of the best DPS classes in the game depending on where you're defending.

My point is the fear of missing is pretty pointless.  The only class you will likely miss is a Sniper, and if you're in range to kill a Sniper, you have more important things to kill (DD Creo, DD HWiz, etc).  So there's no reason to sacrifice DEX because a Sniper may dodge you.

You may miss other SinXs as well, but they tend to be 20-40 AGI builds, whereas WoE Snipers can easily have 90 AGI.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:46:29 PM by Akintunde »

Offline JollyGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »
I see. Sounds like we're talking about the same thing then.
In Game Contacts:
Green Ranger, HollyGreen, Dr. Greenthumb, JollyGreen, Jolly

Offline WgNo

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2014, 06:28:50 PM »
I'm looking into making an account on classic, and I want to make a crit sinx. I'm not going to use the           Morrigane set but does anyone have any ideas about stats?

Offline coren

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2014, 12:52:33 PM »
Quote from: WgNo;1406285
I'm looking into making an account on classic, and I want to make a crit sinx. I'm not going to use the              Morrigane set but does anyone have any ideas about stats?

There are two ways to look at this.  Natural, and equipment sins.  Equipment doesn't require the Morrigane set either.  It's a nice set to be sure, but it also lacks defensive properties.

Natural and Equipment have two mindsets: Damage per hit, and Damage per second.  Yes there's a difference, Damage per Second deals more with number of hits per second, with slightly less damage per hit, but ultimately amounting to more damage output over time.  Damage per second is also a more defensive approach, getting AGI for both hits per second and of course, increased flee rates.

Natural crit builds, mindsets, and disadvantages:

Mindset (approach/advantages):
Your just a critical sin, perhaps there's some room for skill usage, but this is secondary to being able to consistently damage your opponent in a one-on-one scenario.  This build is actually very effective in terms of early MVPing solo.  Not so effective in a group scenario.  It's fun, you level fast, there are relatively few maps you cannot go, since enemy flee rate is not a burden to you, and due to Katar's critical rate double effect, you can effectively bypass monster critical shield.  It's a blast to watch those crits roll, and roll, and roll by.  God, I love the sound of crits in the morning.

Disadvantages:
Your dex stat will never be effective for using skills, not to hunt anything with reasonably high flee, not to MVP, not in PVP, and definitely not in WoE.  You won't be effective against any mid-high level MVP, except Dracula, since he's a pushover for his level and stats.  Seriously, Dopple is harder, and he should be much easier.  You'll also suck in any PVP and WoE scenario when facing any Trans character, unless they have no clue what they're doing.

Build approach for Natural Crit (Damage per Hit), Assassin (base + job):
STR:  84+6  |  94+6
AGI:  80+10 |  70+10
VIT:  22+2  |  18+2
INT:   1+4  |   1+4
DEX:  22+8  |  22+8
LUCK: 60+0  |  60+0

Note: you could take Luck to 70 or 80, and reduce AGI/VIT further to compensate, or keep STR  at 84 base.  Clearly any equipment that further increases stats should be accounted for.  STR should always be a value of 10, always, unless you have multiple equipment, just base the 10 value off your most commonly used gear.  INT has no value given the low DEX.  VIT can be increased at the expense of AGI or STR, but this isn't that necessary, and is actually more detrimental given it's not a PVP/WOE build.

Build approach for Natural Crit (Damage per Hit), Assassin Cross (base + job):
STR:  91+9
AGI:  75+15
VIT:  27+3
INT:   1+0
DEX:  20+10
LUCK: 62+8

================

Build approach for Natural Crit (Damage per Second), Assassin (base + job):
STR:  64+6  |  74+6
AGI:  90+10 |  90+10
VIT:  19+2  |  18+2
INT:   1+4  |   1+4
DEX:  32+8  |  22+8
LUCK: 66+0  |  60+0

Note: LUCK can be pumped to 70, or DEX to 42+8 for more ASPD at the expense of VIT or STR, but go no lower than 54+6 STR, or your cripple your output.

Build approach for Natural Crit (Damage per Second), Assassin Cross (base + job):
STR:  71+9   |  71+9
 AGI:  95+15  |  85+15
 VIT:  13+3   |  37+3
 INT:   1+0   |   6+0
 DEX:  30+10  |  30+10
 LUCK: 62+8   |  62+8

Equipment Critical Sins (No Morrigane Set), builds, disadvantages, and mindset:

Mindset/Approach/Advantages:
You're a Dex Katar Sin, maybe you have dual dagger skills as well.  Some Luck, since Equipment is useless without it, but nothing substantial, allowing for more Dex, and thus skill usage.  This is more of an all-around approach.  Basically think of this as a 2h Sword Knight/LK in a Sin/SinX's body.  This build is useful anywhere, and is technically the ultimate Sin imo, as you can handle anything, from WOE, to PVP, to every single MVP in the game that doesn't require a party.  You can crit to a reasonable rate, and high enough to bypass all crit shields, so places like Turtle Island are potential stomping grounds, and you're a beast when paired with a Priest.  This approach is also fun, since you can use special carded katars, and take full advantage of Double Attacking WITH Katars.  Oh yes, now THAT is a lot of fun.  Auto Sonic Blow's are a blast as well (I believe it goes off your highest level, so you should be able to get really high damage).

Disadvantages:
For monsters with uber Flee, you're nowhere near as effective, even with the best of the best equipment, as the above.  Despite being able to bypass Crit Shields, anything with really high Crit Shields will take much longer to kill, unless their defense.  No Crit after crit after crit sound, which is strangely melodic and fun to hear.

Build approach for Equipment Crit (Damage per Hit), Assassin (base + job):
STR:  94+6  |  84+6
AGI:  70+10 |  70+10
VIT:  18+2  |  28+2
INT:  12+4  |  18+4
DEX:  52+8  |  52+8
LUCK: 30+0  |  40+0

Build approach for Equipment Crit (Damage per Hit), Assassin Cross:
STR:  91+9   |  91+9
 AGI:  75+15  |  65+15
 VIT:  27+3   |  37+3
 INT:  16+0   |  19+0