Author Topic: The Monk Thread - Classic Edition  (Read 16412 times)

Offline Cadacus

• View Profile
Re: Build Help! Monk Edition
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 07:13:31 AM »
If you're going for 120 str I would personally swap your vit and int points for survivability if you're trying to WoE because honestly your gfist will be overkill.

Offline Morr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 07:22:52 AM »
I can see how more vit will help me live but idk what kind of damage Gfist puts out now since i never used it pre renewal. i was hoping to not only WOE with this build but some MVPing as well... also iv al;ready got 38 int since as an acolyte healing is kinda all i can do to leech >.> lol

Offline Smolderbil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »
Around ~80 base Str should be enough. :)
[SIGPIC]http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/ardeus/smolderbil2.png[/SIGPIC]

Offline Morr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 09:25:36 AM »
Seriously? 80? That seems low... Like I could get about 110 total str with that but won't it effect my gfist and oi damage alot?

Offline Cadacus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »
110 Str is still enough to kill anyone in WoE that isn't wearing a GR/DR.

Offline Morr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 06:17:04 AM »
humm.... alright... i think i can work that...

Ok so how does it stack up against an MVP? Assuming I'll be in a party for large Mvp's and solo the small to medium ones. *phreeoni is small, hatii is medium and baphomet is large as examples*

Offline Cadacus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »
You will be able to out MvP anyone other than a specifically made MvP champ (Str/Int/Dex) especially if you have the morph set.

Actually I strike that a biochem will give you good competition too.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:39:50 AM by Cadacus »

Offline Morr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 08:55:54 AM »
Great. Now to finishgetting job lvl 50 on my ace and job changing >.> is there anything better to solo on then tf2 ATM?

Offline Gryvan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »
Firelocks!!
their JP is 1k with 1.5x exp

Offline Vertigo~

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 06:59:37 PM »
do you guys think an agi monk will be viable in woe?  or will i just be a body to the fire?
Antithesis~

Offline Battery

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 01:09:23 AM »
Quote from: Vertigo~;1265431
do you guys think an agi monk will be viable in woe?  or will i just be a body to the fire?

you'll definitely just be fodder.

Offline Wyort

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 06:28:50 AM »
Morpheus SET :facepalm:
Hood from Hydro , Acc from Detale
By the time normal spawn drops full set maybe Champion already.

You get MvP based by point of tanked damage , damage done and first hit bonus. The one that get MvP doesnt always able to pick the loot because of that.

Offline pboy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 10:47:04 AM »
from a long time ago i remember as an agi monk in woe you can still get off asuras and kill everything 1 hit except high vit knight/crusaders and be pretty useful (especially with magic string), most of the time you still can get them off just because of commotion or simply because people dont notice. However, in terms of entering a precast you can only do it with MS and then youre slow and sort of useless escept purely to soak up traps, unless you can manage to get up to a wizard and simply hit interupt them. You'll be only really useful on an emp with Adrenaline Rush in your party which makes you decent, but youll be liable to be stunned. (You'll be really only useful in relatively empty castles). You could be agi with the intent to make solo leveling easier, then consider a new build when/if you rebirth. Also from what i remember though, leveling like 95-99 as an agi monk was equally fast MS tank partying as it was soloing (or maybe even a tad faster), which really has nothing to do with agi...but agi monk of course, is very fun to play and unique in RO

Offline Coca~Cola

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 07:15:40 AM »
Quote from: pboy;1265651
from a long time ago i remember as an agi monk in woe you can still get off asuras and kill everything 1 hit except high vit knight/crusaders and be pretty useful (especially with magic string), most of the time you still can get them off just because of commotion or simply because people dont notice. However, in terms of entering a precast you can only do it with MS and then youre slow and sort of useless escept purely to soak up traps, unless you can manage to get up to a wizard and simply hit interupt them. You'll be only really useful on an emp with Adrenaline Rush in your party which makes you decent, but youll be liable to be stunned. (You'll be really only useful in relatively empty castles). You could be agi with the intent to make solo leveling easier, then consider a new build when/if you rebirth. Also from what i remember though, leveling like 95-99 as an agi monk was equally fast MS tank partying as it was soloing (or maybe even a tad faster), which really has nothing to do with agi...but agi monk of course, is very fun to play and unique in RO

Unique cause its bad...

Offline spritemoogle

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 10:25:14 PM »
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Monk#Hybrid

How is this build from the wiki?  I was thinking of going this route, leveling as combo (with some occult spam in there maybe), and getting snap just for the hell of it.  Occult will be my maxed skill in the snap build.  With the hybrid build shown there it seems possible to still have a strong GF for WoE.  Mostly I just want to have fun with this monk, then go for more of a hardcore MVP build once I rebirth.  But this is my first monk so I'm still learning.