Author Topic: The Priest Thread - Classic Edition  (Read 19938 times)

Offline Aethereal

• View Profile
Re: Build Help! Priest Edition
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 03:40:59 AM »
@David: Gloria is nice if you frequently party people who need it, or  help in potting, or level with TU, or if you WoE maybe (not sure). And I'm not sure  about Mag 1, Mag lvl 1 will need to be recast far too often :\ . I had lvl 3 for the longest time and I got annoyed with its  duration. But if it's what you want, go for it I guess. I just imagine it would suck ass in WoE. People would need it recast as soon as they walk away. I'm not even  bothering with Sanc on my priest, not until HP, but I don't plan to WoE until then (or even if I do, I personally would want KE and SW before Sanc, as a regular Priest, for no particular reason xD). but um if you wanted Gloria you'd have to drop one of them, and neither SW nor Sanc are worth being dropped under lvl 7 unless you drop them completely (which I assume you know going by your linked build)....so yeah. i wouldnt know much beyond that though. :\

majority of the time spent on my HP/AB, I have used Res 1. I  had Res 4  for a short while, but I reset again to drop it  back to lvl 1 to grab  other things, and honestly, it has never posed a  problem for me. As a  reg Priest, I  probably wouldn't advise Res 1 unless you have the VIT  and gear to not  die while casting it though, but yeah, idk. That's  actually something I'm trying to work on not doing on this Priest, I'd  like to get res 4 on her, if possible. but idk.

Stats, I personally hate low dex with a passion. I really dislike 99 VIT builds. I tried it on my alt acc and  while it's nice for tanking...In my opinion, it sucks for buffing large parties, and that's what I hate.  That's more of a  tank than an FS. /opinionated. FSing  is standing on  the sidelines buffing and healing people; not mobbing and  tanking for  them while someone else does the buffing and healing haha. There's no  actual need for 99 VIT if you're not pulling mobs/tanking/tanking MvPs and stuff,  moderate VIT (50ish or 60ish) works out, however, it really just boils down to personal preference, because both builds work out perfectly fine  otherwise people wouldn't do it. Do what you have  fun doing. I'm speaking PvE too I guess, as I'm not sure about WoE builds.

and idk that's all I have to say, since I'm not a pro with the class, but I know what's worked out perfectly fine for me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:47:30 AM by Aethereal »

Offline Jeod

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 07:20:05 AM »
With gears and job level bonuses, (without buffs and normal WoE gears)

I'd get the last sp recovery bonus before 100 int. That'd be around late 80s int.

Try hitting 85 to 90 vit.

Rest on dex, that'll be around 75+ dex

I hate low dex on any class with quiet a passion. Also, it helps greatly supporting big dungeon/WoE parties.

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
  • this is our time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 07:26:55 AM »
Quote from: Aethereal;1261346
That's more of a  tank than an FS. /opinionated. FSing  is standing on  the sidelines buffing and healing people; not mobbing and  tanking for  them while someone else does the buffing and healing haha. There's no  actual need for 99 VIT if you're not pulling mobs/tanking/tanking MvPs and stuff

This is exactly what I do with a priest though, and is one of the fun things about RO, I'm very rarely in anything larger than a duet, and if I am, strings are probably there. So high VIT allows me to be the mobber, tanker, healer and buffer :p As a normal priest the only thing I use with a notable cast time is mag, I don't really spam KE (never been my style) so I never found dex to be useful (only class I ever found dex useful on for cast time is ME Priest and Wiz/Sage!)

That said, with that being my playstyle (for fun) getting less VIT for some DEX might be more practical for some people.
iRO Classic, iRO Ymir, iRO Loki, iRO Valkyrie, iRO Sakray Goodbye RO! | ropd | http://www.rainymood.com

breeg : if you ds fast enough it\'s kinda like having them exp tap shit for you

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.

Discord! https://discord.gg/qswvEPQ

Offline Taisa

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 05:48:58 AM »
Quote from: iCast;1259255
ME Priest is the fun, but you need to get a bunch of stuff to properly do it.
Exp wise, Tamruans should be your best bet for ME, for TU Anubis...

If I remember correctly...

Tamruans are bad for two reasons. One, the job experience is basically zero. Two, they silence. So unless you have peerless sunnies or a ton of pots, it's pretty miserable.

Getting to them is also dangerous, if you walk in one of those holes you're dead.

Classic: Believer
Retired: Death - Khait - Enigma - Icithis - Amend - Meiosis - Double Plus

Offline Veemon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 07:23:37 AM »
Quote from: Blueness;1261201
When I make my priest it'll be 99 INT/VIT! :stir:

Trust me, for any sort of leveling with squishies you want res 4. Hands down.

SR's (the non rental kind) will be rare until maya is camped on a normal basis. Back in the day I used spore clips and later spore necklaces ;) Earrings would be good too!

99 vit Priest/HP > 120 vit AB :colbert: :colbert: :colbert:

renewal mvp+changes ruins tanker Priest to me which why I don't FS on renewal. Pre-renewal I still can tank Valk Randgris with that crazy mob :o :o
RO1 :XV-Tao, Hybrid Aspd Priest/Bomb Alchemist
RO2 : Exvee, Hybrid Magic Priest/Yggdrasil Alchemist
ToS : Zaius, Hybrid Fire in The Hole Cleric

Offline iCast

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 10:45:05 AM »
Quote from: Taisa;1262215

Tamruans are bad for two reasons. One, the job experience is basically zero. Two, they silence. So unless you have peerless sunnies or a ton of pots, it's pretty miserable.

Getting to them is also dangerous, if you walk in one of those holes you're dead.

Well, for a ME Priest with the proper gear, thats the best place, the holes in Ayo Dun 01 are not a problem, i just died once while teleing around there (i was 98 tho), made 3 ME Priest there.
About tamruans crappy job you just gotta do ME after you are j50, you cant cast pretty fast anyway so you'll have to get some levels (at around base 80 you can do tamruans). Pump Int to 80 then get around 80 dex, then go 90/90 or you can do whatever you want.
For a starting server, tamruans WOULD be difficult to set up due to the Peerless Headgear and Hell shields.

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
  • this is our time
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »

Getting to them is easy, silence is handled by green pots and job exp doesn't matter past level 80/50 on a normal class :p
iRO Classic, iRO Ymir, iRO Loki, iRO Valkyrie, iRO Sakray Goodbye RO! | ropd | http://www.rainymood.com

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.

Offline aapikz

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 02:23:04 AM »
im having trouble lvl my aco lvl 42
what place is best??
in our server (philippines). gh prison 1 is best place and many people hanging there

but in here in classic iro. why i dont see any people in gh prison 1?
where the fellow acolytes go for lvling??

Offline Sora`

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 07:17:19 AM »
Quote from: Blueness;1262285

Getting to them is easy, silence is handled by green pots and job exp doesn't matter past level 80/50 on a normal class :p

If you plan on trying to use green pots while leveling on Tams you're doing it wrong.  You're likely to get silenced every single mob, if not twice from the same mob.  A peerless headgear is required there, not optional.

Offline Blueness

• Sharklets
  • Administrator
  • this is our time
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 09:32:28 AM »
Quote from: aapikz;1262595
im having trouble lvl my aco lvl 42
what place is best??
in our server (philippines). gh prison 1 is best place and many people hanging there

but in here in classic iro. why i dont see any people in gh prison 1?
where the fellow acolytes go for lvling??

At that level, Graveyard and try to get a mag party.

Quote from: Sora`;1262653
If you plan on trying to use green pots while leveling on Tams you're doing it wrong.  You're likely to get silenced every single mob, if not twice from the same mob.  A peerless headgear is required there, not optional.

Not that I'd try leveling there with greenpots, but if the exp is good, if there's a will, there's a way :p

Offline Acolyte

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »
Quote from: Blueness;1261402
Quote from: Aethereal;1261346
That's more of a  tank than an FS. /opinionated. FSing  is standing on  the sidelines buffing and healing people; not mobbing and  tanking for  them while someone else does the buffing and healing haha. There's no  actual need for 99 VIT if you're not pulling mobs/tanking/tanking MvPs and stuff

This is exactly what I do with a priest though, and is one of the fun things about RO, I'm very rarely in anything larger than a duet, and if I am, strings are probably there. So high VIT allows me to be the mobber, tanker, healer and buffer :p As a normal priest the only thing I use with a notable cast time is mag, I don't really spam KE (never been my style) so I never found dex to be useful (only class I ever found dex useful on for cast time is ME Priest and Wiz/Sage!)

That said, with that being my playstyle (for fun) getting less VIT for some DEX might be more practical for some people.

I don't think this is terribly true. The most important thing about VIT isn't the ability to tank or having the ability to stand in the sidelines with dex. I get VIT for the SURVIVABILITY.

VIT allows you to survive magic damage that are somewhat random. It also allows for stronger potion use. And most importantly, it reduces CC duration.

If I recall correctly, there were MVPs that did AoE silences, Curses, and Stuns. You not being too terribly affected by it will let you be a much stronger support than someone with full dex. Although, full dex is fun and it does have it's strong points. But since we are in a weird part of this game, I say get a decent amount of vit (Atleast 70 imo) and then focus on getting faster cast.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Gryvan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 06:56:51 AM »
If I can add my own experiences with FS priests with around 80-90 vit back in the days, my first character was a GC sader and in niff, FS priests with vit were gawdly since they can survive a couple loli and bloody murderer attacks (especially when they come in droves or swarms sometimes) that it makes leveling a bit easier and flow through quickly.

Once I partied with a int/dex priest(ME priest) and he gets 2 shotted which makes leveling a pain :/

Offline Taisa

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
ME priests are really gear intensive. An ME priest with the aco set or an appropriate resist card and +7'd gear will generally be fine for supporting if they don't need to be super tanky. But running around in npc gear won't cut it for an ME priest with little to no vit. If you're going to party with an ME priest, check his gear first :)

Classic: Believer
Retired: Death - Khait - Enigma - Icithis - Amend - Meiosis - Double Plus

Offline Sora`

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
All depends on where you're going..... my ME priest back in the day could support everyone except a wizard better than the traditional int/vit builds.

Because just about anyone else you're supporting is doing 90% of the tanking before they kill, or they're flee based.  Or they're party types that are more of killing 1 by 1 (TI2, etc)

Offline DaviD~*

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 07:36:19 PM »
Reading the comments here and...

I'm going to drop Ress and go level without letting anyone dies (kidding, it's better to carry some Ygg Leafs I think).

My Int will be 101 (2100 Heal), SP recovery bonus is useless on WoE cause we play with ~89% (well, I always did that).

Ill also have 85 VIT, maybe I can tank something too, Sanct will help with that.
~~