A Boss Protocol monster is one that has a special flag set. Some monsters and all MVPs have this flag set. They have the following attributes:
- Various skills fail on them;
- The knock back aspect of skills does not affect them.
- They detect the Hiding status and any other skill statuses that is similar to it.
- The time Ankle Snare holds them is reduced.
- Unaffected by status effects;
- Affected by all items geared towards "bosses", i.e.;
- increases damage to them by 25%
- reduces damage dealt by them by 40%
Example for common monsters with Boss protocol:
- Monsters of and above
- , and
- The Guardians inside WoE SE Castles
Mini Bosses do not actually exist: this is a player coined term, to describe a rare monster, considered as such because they have set spawn intervals ranging from as quick as 10 minutes to as long as 2 hours unlike normal monsters that spawn instanteneously. Similar to an MVP but not quite exactly like, Mini Bosses are usually programmed under a Boss protocol, with some even being able to summon mobs. Unlike MVPs, these monsters are not FFA. However it is ill mannered to keep these monsters alive.
Monsters that people tend to classify as Mini Bosses are:
- Of Thanatos Monsters: , , ,
|Monsters in Ragnarok Online|
|Race||Angel · Demon · Formless · Insect · Fish · Demi Human · Undead · Dragon · Plant · Brute|
|Element||Holy · Shadow · Neutral · Water · Fire · Wind · Earth · Ghost · Poison · Undead|
|Boss Protocol · MVP (Free for All) · Size · Kill Stealing · Monster Skills|