|Magic Rod Skill Info|
|Duration:||(.2+Skill Level*.2) seconds|
|(Sage) Study Lv. 4|
Enable the caster to receive the SP consumed to cast a by an enemy instead of recieving damage. Magic Rod can just be used on single target skills targeted at yourself. If the enemy casts Spell Breaker and the Sage counters it using Magic Rod, you absorb 20% of the enemy's MaxSP.
|SP Consumption (%)||20||40||60||80||100|
- Magic Rod functions much like the Knight skill Counter Attack. You must use Magic Rod when you expect the incoming spell to hit you. There is no cast bar to show you the duration of Magic Rod, but you will know that you succeeded when you receive no damage and gain SP instead. The difference to Counter Attack is, that you can absorb multiple spells during the duration, instead of a single one
- It is generally best to trigger Magic Rod when the offending skill's cast bar is nearly full. This works for most skills with a noticeable cast time. However, against skills such as Frost Diver, it is simpler to spam the skill over and over.
- Magic Rod only functions on magic skills. It will not work on, for example, Guillotine Fist.
- Magic Rod will not work on Area of Effect skills, such as Exploding Dragon.
- Using Magic Rod will cause your character to have a short delay, like any skill. This prevents you from walking while spamming Magic Rod (despite no cast bar being present).
- When using Magic Rod against Water Ball, every ball is counted as single spell and you absorb every ball within your skill duration. You can even activate it after Water Ball already started.