From iRO Wiki
|Duration:||[10 + (Skill Level × 5)] seconds|
|Weapon:||Two Handed Sword|
|(Swordman) Provoke Lv. 5, Two-Handed Sword Mastery Lv. 10, (Knight) Twohand Quicken Lv. 3|
Allows the user to block physical attacks with the equipped two-handed sword by chance temporarily.
|Level||Chance of Effect||Duration|
- The player will be forced to pause momentarily whenever this skill blocks damage. For example, if the user is attacking a monster while this skill is activated and they guard an attack, they will stop attacking the monster for a brief period of time.
- If the user was standing still or running when this skill blocked an attack, they will still be penalized with a short period of time until they can attack or use skills.
- Has the same properties as Guard for blocking damage, such as how an attack following Lex Aeterna will remove its effect if blocked.
- If this skill blocks an attack while its user is casting an interruptible skill, the skill will be interrupted.
- If this skill blocks an attack while the user is running, they will appear to stop quickly while the blocking animation plays, causing awful position lag. They are not actually stopped: the flinch caused from this skill blocking an attack stops a player from being able to attack for a short time, but does not immobilize them even if it appears so.
- This skill will not block High Speed Cart Ram, Soul Destroyer or Acid Bomb at all.
- This skill works even if a player is under the effect of status such as frozen or stone cursed.
- It is situational and up to the user to decide whether they feel a 50% chance to block entire physical attacks (and being able to use Two Hand Quicken) is better than wearing a shield (allowing them to have more defense and utilize items like cards that always give 30% less damage from certain races). If Guillotine Fist will inflict 24,000 damage before shield cards, they could possibly survive with a (30% less damage taken from Demi Humans). However, if Guillotine Fist inflicted 40,000 damage, a Cranial Shield would likely not save them. This skill will have a chance to, though.
- Skills requiring a Spear can not be used simultaneously with this skill. However, a user who attacks primarily with Spear is not necessarily discouraged to learn this skill.
- Mobbing with this skill active can be annoying since the character pauses every time the animation of this skill plays from successfully blocking an attack (even though the player was not actually hit).
- This skill also benefits those who do not have area skills and so level with Twohand Quicken. Ultimately, learning this skill just for PvM-reasons is not recommended.
|Knight • Lord Knight • Rune Knight|
|Bowling Bash • Brandish Spear • Cavalier Mastery • Charge Attack • Counter Attack • One-Hand Quicken • Peco Peco Ride • Pierce • Spear Boomerang • Spear Mastery • Spear Stab • Twohand Quicken|
|Aura Blade • Clashing Spiral • Frenzy • |
|Death Bound • Dragon Breath • Dragon Howling • Dragon Training • Dragon Water Breath • Enchant Blade • Full Throttle • Hundred Spears • Ignition Break • Phantom Thrust • Rune Mastery • Sonic Wave • Wind Cutter|
|Quests||Knight Job Change Guide • Knight Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Rune Knight Job Change Guide|
|Weapons||One Handed Sword • Spear • Two Handed Sword|