Author Topic: The Blacksmith Thread - Classic Edition  (Read 19304 times)

Offline ef88

• View Profile
Re: Build Help! Blacksmith Edition
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2012, 06:02:56 PM »
so 2x 2x +10 axe is best still right? with 120 str that is
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:03:16 PM by ef88 »

Offline Myrkur

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »
yeah. could even go 2x1x1x +10 axe

Offline Sera

• Iron and Rust
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
To be totally honest, you need to focus on making some cash first. Do what gecko said, make sure you have dark element armor. Mercs aren't really worth it though. They help for sure, but they're not going to 99 you as fast as money in the bank will. Without cash, you'll ALWAYS be resting no matter what, ESPECIALLY on a str/vit smith with no aspd gear.

Also, always recalculate and check your buffs when you level up to see if any are unnecessary.
Be you steadfast.

Offline Ratikal

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2013, 09:59:23 PM »
Can Blacksmiths level at Anolians? Leveling at HOs is starting to wear at me...

Offline Hrishi

• Sliver
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2013, 01:26:31 AM »
Quote from: Ratikal;1322701
Can Blacksmiths level at Anolians? Leveling at HOs is starting to wear at me...

They can, I've seen a few down there leveling. Obviously you aren't going to be leveling as fast as a knight can, but it's doable.

Offline Pink

• View Profile
Re: The Blacksmith Thread - Classic Edition
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2013, 09:59:42 PM »
Hey guys, looking for leveling advise for my black smith

Current level 82 ( job is maxed )

Stats
Str: 99+11
Agi: 44+3
Vit: 32+6
Dex: 18+12

Equipment
Poopoo Hat/Alice Hat/+7 Magni Cap/RWH
Robo Eyes
Fish in Mouth
+7 Chain Mail of Wildcat/+7 Unfrozen Silk Robe
+4 Guillotine/+4 Slaughter/+7 Smashing Doomslayer/+6 Windhawk
+7 Thara Buckler
+7 Immune Manteau
+7 Green Boots
Double Forced Belt x 2

I have about 200million in funds, and access to endows/converters. Also have 2 boxes of each of the lvl 7 mercs.

I have been doing HO's, but they seem to be getting worse and worse ( especially at peek hours of the day where a lot of people are there ), was wondering if there were any alternatives that give as good/better exp per hour. For reference I get about 8-10 million an hour on VIP + Double Exp + HE BM.

Offline Myrkur

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2013, 10:23:42 PM »
Have you tried moving to anolians? if you get a good pace going you can get about 20-30m an hour with all that exp crap going on

Offline Themes

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »
I'm currently getting a pretty casual 8-10mil (VIP and exp event) an hour in West Orc Field 1 shotting with Mamo. Buff slave on another map just run to get buffs when I'm near by and kill any small mobs with Revo.

What do you kill with in Anolians? Mob or single target? I've been half considering it but not sure if I can be bothered making the effort to move.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:38:15 PM by Themes »

Offline Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »
Thanks for the advise on anolians, will try them later. My main issue is with mobbing, as Straws are INSANE in price right now on classic ( 5-6k straws, going up because no one at wolfs who isn't an afkchemist )

Offline Akintunde

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
Oranges are like, 1k though!

Offline Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2013, 02:54:09 PM »
Thanks for the oranges suggestion, been so long since I have played a class that needed sp items ( outside of WOE )

Current build plan

99 +21 str
85 + 5 vit
18+10 dex

In terms of equips this is what I have

+7 Magni Hat/Alice Doll/ PooPoo/+7 Dragon Hat/Dress Hat
Robo Eyes
WCP/Pirate Dagger/ Fish in Mouth
+7 Chainmail of Wildcat/+7 Unfrozen Silk Robe
+7 Dilegent Giant Axe ( haven't used the zipper yet )/ a crud tone of Orcish axes waiting to get slotted.
+7 Cranial Buckler
+7 Immune Mant
+9 Superior Boots
Ring of Muscle x 2

In terms of funds I have about 300mil or so to spend.

What I want to do with the character is a mix of MvP and WOE.

edit: Also would like to point out, while I do plan on capping this character, I am being realistic and knowing it will take forever, so all job bonuses are calculated off of jlvl 52.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 02:55:28 PM by Pink »

Offline Akintunde

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2013, 03:07:03 PM »
I would just get builds like this:
85/50
90/55
95/63
99/70

Mastersmith in WoE is a touchy subject.  You could potentially be useful now since stun is still an issue, but I would make sure you have Weapon Repair to do what a MS's actual utility is, fixing shit.  I'd be picky about who you HSCR.

However, if you have status weapons, Cart Revo can be an extremely annoying Status spreader due to its spammability.  Idk how Meltdown applies to specific things (such as skills) but if you can trigger Meltdown with Cart Revo, that could be a very, very annoying combo.

... Is that enough DEX to hit many MvPs?  I know Hilt Binding helps but... that seems low.  I'd build your STR assuming you'll get to job 70 since Superiors + 2x STR Rings will give you your bonus, then you can use things like Picky/STR Headgear/Evil Wings to get those straggler stat bonuses.  Getting 99 base STR is a bit... excessive, imo.

Offline Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »
Quote from: Akintunde;1331516
I would just get builds like this:
85/50
90/55
95/63
99/70

Mastersmith in WoE is a touchy subject.  You could potentially be useful now since stun is still an issue, but I would make sure you have Weapon Repair to do what a MS's actual utility is, fixing shit.  I'd be picky about who you HSCR.

However, if you have status weapons, Cart Revo can be an extremely annoying Status spreader due to its spammability.  Idk how Meltdown applies to specific things (such as skills) but if you can trigger Meltdown with Cart Revo, that could be a very, very annoying combo.

... Is that enough DEX to hit many MvPs?  I know Hilt Binding helps but... that seems low.  I'd build your STR assuming you'll get to job 70 since Superiors + 2x STR Rings will give you your bonus, then you can use things like Picky/STR Headgear/Evil Wings to get those straggler stat bonuses.  Getting 99 base STR is a bit... excessive, imo.

Mastersmiths/Whitesmiths get the last job point in st at jlvl 52, thus why I said job level 52.

In terms of the dex i know it is low, I didn't know where a good number would be to stop.

Offline Akintunde

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2013, 06:49:07 PM »
Well, that's lucky.

Your job bonus is +6 naturally, I would build around this.  84+6 or 94+6.  I would look at the MvPs you want to do, and consider what a Smith can MvP (Ignoring Beelzebub, since MvPing that as an MS requires a specialized build).

Building a MvP AND WoE MS probably won't work so well, though.  An MvP MS should be build around perma Odins set typically, while a WoE MS doesn't have have such a luxury.  You will mainly be spreading status and repairing stuff, as well as using FAR on your party.  MS is not a killing class in WoE, even with 2x Megingjard and a Mjol, HSCR tickles.

It's two completely different things.  Choose one to excel in, and take the hit in the other.  Classes don't balance well in MvP v WoE.

Offline Hrishi

• Sliver
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2013, 01:44:03 AM »
My smith used to have 38 base dex, and it would still miss some MvPs. 18 DEX seems way too low for mvping, I'd advise getting higher if you place any importance on that.