|Job Type:||2-1 Transcendent|
|Number of Skills:||38|
|Total Skill Points:||233|
|Total Quest Skills:||2|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Job Change Guide
- 3 Builds
- 4 Tactics
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Class Data
- 7 External Links
The High Priest is the Transcendent variant of Priest. The High Priest is the epitome of spiritual calm. A bulwark in the storm of chaos, he is more than capable of protecting his comrades when faced with even the most ferocious enemy. Despite the many skills taught to them by the Priests of Prontera Church, they still need to learn a few more from the Gods themselves. Now able to create areas where no violence may occur, they are able to Heal more, Bless more and Serve even more. Their skills are truly gifts from God.
High Priests get further improved tanking ability thanks to Assumptio. The additional stat points from being a Transcendent, coupled with Meditatio, makes them able to spread their stats out further, which in turn makes new builds like the DEX/VIT/INT WoE possible.
Job Change GuideJuno. The book will lead you to Valhalla so you can change your job through the High Priest Job NPC. Also you must reach at least Job Level 40 as a Transcendent 1st class character. Reaching Job Level 50 first is strongly recommended, as the player will never be able to recover the extra job levels / skill points after the job change.
|1. 'Sage Castle' is located at 11 o'clock direction (Juno.88,320) in||2. 'Book of Ymir' is located inside a room behind an NPC called 'Metheus Sylphe' (yuno_in02 88,164).|
|3. 'Book of Ymir' (yuno_in02 94,206) will teleport you to Valhalla.||4. Find and talk to the Job NPC suited to your 2nd class.|
- See Arch Bishop Builds for build strategies to work towards. See Priest Builds for leveling strategies for just the High Priest leveling stages. Leveling a High Priest is similar to a regular pre-trans Priest, but with a few new skill additions.
New Skills Overview:
Party Menu Healing / Buffing
The most effective way to heal and buff a party is through the Party Window (Alt+Z). Trying to heal a party by manually clicking players can become impossible when players become mobbed or are bunched up, and can lead to players dying. This is why it is strongly recommended to make use of the Party Window. Another benefit to the Party Window is the ability to monitor all players' health. Ensure that the "Lock Menu" feature is on (by clicking the picture of the lock) when using this system to avoid opening private messages when trying to heal / buff a player.
SP Recovery & Conservation
One of the biggest issues new Priests have when playing the class is maintaining their SP. There are many ways for Priests to ensure that they always have SP for those dire situations. These are some important methods on maintaining SP:
- Always ensure that Magnificat is on at all times. This skill will not only keep a faster SP Recovery for the Priest, but also for the rest of the party that rely on SP for using skills as well. Keeping this buff up will make parties much smoother for everybody. Try not to wait until SP is bottoming out to cast this spell, because at that point it will already be too late.
- Make use of Assumptio or Kyrie Eleison. These skills keep people protected and greatly saves SP on healing in the long run. These skills can greatly help fragile Crowd Killers such as Rangers or Spell Caster Wizards and Sages. These defensive skills can also help the party tank quite a bit. Note that any character cannot have both buffs on at the same time. An Arch Bishop can also use Praefatio, which will give KE to all party members. If the Priest notices that certain party members are lagging behind, using KE on them will give them time and leeway to retreat back to where the party is.
- Stack SP Recovery or Max SP increase equipment. Gearing a Priest up with equipment that will increase their SP Recovery or Max SP will vastly help a player to maintain SP at all times.
- Always have Healing Items (SP) on hand. All players should have SP healing items on hand at all times to restore SP, at least in emergencies, and this includes Priests as well. As most classes should have HP healing items of some sort on them at all times, Priests should also have SP healing items on them.
Some common items that can be easily obtained for SP regeneration include:
- Vendors. : Easily farmed off or , or bought from
- brewed by Alchemists or purchased from Vendors. : Can be
- Alchemists can be use them to brew . : Can be farmed off for high drop rate.
- Juice Quest. : Farmed off (rare monsters). Can also be made with the
- : Farmed off and .
- : Farmed off , , , etc.
- Max HP and Max SP. Can also be purchased off Vendors. : Usually only available through holiday quests. Restores 50% of
High Priests should remember that Lex Aeterna loses its rather long Cast Delay if used under the effect of Magic Strings, to the point when it can be constantly casted. This is a great way to double the damage output of parties, especially in single target situations such as MVPs.
Some skills in the High Priests' arsenal may not serve a strong use while still leveling as a High Priest, but many may have uses in MVP situations or other specific scenarios. These should be hotkeyed as well, and often an Arch Bishop will have all four rows of hotkeys used up. Some of these include:
- Pneuma: A very powerful and necessary skill for Endless Tower runs as well as when fighting ranged monsters within a party. Certain ranged monsters and skills are very powerful and this spell can save players a lot of stress. Make sure the party members are positioned correctly. Nine people can actually fit into one Pneuma's area.
- Aspersio: This skill endows a party member's weapon with the Holy property, which will greatly improve a party member's physical damage when the monsters are weak to the Holy property.
- Status Recovery and Cure: Priests must pay attention to the Status Effects inflicted on their party members and should use the two skills on them accordingly.
- Sanctuary: This spell has great healing power for a low SP cost (but uses a ). Highly recommended to have this skill at Level 7, as that already provides the maximum healing power already. Level 8~10 only increases its duration.
Eden Group Equipments Quests
- Main article: Eden Group Equipments Quests
Most transcendent characters will have already completed some Eden Equipment quests already and can reuse the equipment. If the character has not done the quest yet, they can do it as a transcendent character as well. The Staff is a good weapon and generally a good choice for a Priest and their future classes' use.
General Equipment Recommendations
- Main article: Equipment
The Equipment article lists some general all purpose equipment that is useful through the PVM phase and also for endgame use as well.
Third Class Compatible Equipment
- Main article: Arch Bishop Equipment
It is recommended to look at the Equipment recommendations for the Third Class job to see what equipment to strive for, rather than to spend a lot of money on a piece of equipment that will not be used in the future as a third class. However, some equipment may have a high level requirement, or are transcendent only.
After considering what requirement skills have (some skills can only be used with certain weapon types), the Weapon Search tool within the iRO Wiki DB site is very helpful. Generally, for physical classes (both melee and ranged), something with high ATK is best. For magic classes, something with high MATK is best.
Link to the iRO Wiki DB Weapon Search: http://db.irowiki.org/db/weapon-search/
- (preferably +8~10) (Combined with )
- (Combined with )
- (refined to +7)
- (refined to +7)
- (refined to +7)
- , and .
- (do not upgrade)
- , , , and .
|Doubles DEF and MDEF of a single target for 20~100 seconds.||5||Supportive|
|Enchants a targeted location that prevents entities within a 5x5 area from attacking or being attacked for 20~40 seconds.||5||Supportive|
|Increases Heal effectiveness by 2~20%, Max SP by 1~10%, and SP Recovery by 3~30%.||10||Passive|
|Reduces SP cost of all skills by 4~20%.||5||Passive|
|Priest • High Priest • Arch Bishop|
|Aspersio • B.S Sacramenti • Gloria • Impositio Manus • Increase SP Recovery • Kyrie Eleison • Lex Aeterna • Lex Divina • Mace Mastery • Magnificat • Magnus Exorcismus • Redemptio • Resurrection • Safety Wall • Sanctuary • Slow Poison • Status Recovery • Suffragium • Turn Undead|
|Assumptio • Basilica • Meditatio • Spiritual Thrift|
|Adoramus • Ancilla • Cantocandidus • Clearance • Clementia • Coluseo Heal • Duple Light • Epiclesis • Eucharistica • Expiatio • Full Throttle • High Heal • Judex • Lauda Agnus • Lauda Ramus • Offertorium • Oratio • Praefatio • Renovatio • Sacrament • Silentium|
|Quests||Priest Job Change Guide • Priest Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Arch Bishop Job Change Guide|
|Weapons||Book • Mace • Rod|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice • High Novice • Super Novice|
|First Class /
High First Class
|Swordman • Thief • Archer • Mage • Merchant • Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight • Crusader • Assassin • Rogue • Hunter • Bard • Dancer • Wizard • Sage • Blacksmith • Alchemist • Priest • Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight • Paladin • Assassin Cross • Stalker • Sniper • Minstrel • Gypsy • High Wizard • Scholar • Mastersmith • Biochemist • High Priest • Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight • Royal Guard • Guillotine Cross • Shadow Chaser • Ranger • Maestro • Wanderer • Warlock • Sorcerer • Mechanic • Geneticist • Arch Bishop • Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid • Ninja • Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master • Soul Linker • Kagerou • Oboro • Rebel|