To learn how to keep track of your edits (or other people's), see keeping track of changes.
For lists of stub types, categories and infoboxes, etc., see resources and lists.
To use an image, see images and media.
To learn the rules of IROwiki, see policies and guidelines.
- Contributing to IROwiki - a guide on ways to get involved in IROwiki.
- Introduction to the project.
- Tutorial - a tutorial on how to edit IROwiki
- Cheatsheet - an editing reference card.
- Simplified ruleset - essential information to understand when editing articles (for new editors).
- Glossary - defining IROwiki jargon.
Experiment with editing pages in the sandbox. You can also carry out editing experiments "in situ" by editing the page itself and using the Show preview button. Be careful not to accidentally save the page though! If you do, then revert your changes.
- How to edit a page
- Extended wiki markup details
- Bite sized tips for the most common tasks.
- Create links and change the title of a link (pipe a link)
- Use sections in an article
- Use categories
- Insert a picture or video
- Use redirect pages
- Create infoboxes
- Create templates, using a quick guide and a list of available templates
- Create lists
- Use footnotes and references
- Use tables
- Use mathematical formulae
- Use special characters. The display of fonts and other character sets in your browser.
- Use easy timeline syntax
- Valid HTML codes in wikitext
- Use "magic words" and variables. These allow you to change default behaviour or automate text. For example, you can disable a Table of Contents, move its position or insert constants and timestamps.
- Report your change in the edit summary
- Handle an edit conflict
- Use minor edits
- Use the "Show preview" button
- The Manual of Style is a comprehensive style guide for IROwiki articles.
- Guide to layout
- Disambiguation pages
- Image use policy
- Naming conventions
- Using proper names
- Creating an article series
- Summary style techniques
- When to use tables
- IROwiki style guidelines
The IROwiki interface
Find your way around.
- Edit toolbar
- Page history
- User contributions pages
- Talk pages
- Recent changes page
- Related changes page
- Diff pages
- Edit conflicts
- The watchlist
- Merge two or more pages
- Move (rename) a page - (Requested moves)
- Delete pages/images/categories
- Stub articles - (List of stub types)
- Use talk pages (discussion pages)
- Archive a talk page
- Revert a page to an earlier version
- Deal with vandalism
- Protect and unprotect pages (Administrators only)
- Link together IROwiki articles in different languages
- Link words in articles to Wikimedia sister projects
- Use page names
- Use namespaces
- Use headings as anchors to link to
- Translate articles
- Do a purge
- Edit with a text editor
- Test edits and other things
- Editing shortcuts