Blacksmith Job Change Guide
1. Go to the Blacksmith Guild located in the southeastern part of Einbroch [255,110]. By talking to Altiregen (the guildsman behind the desk), the job change quest will begin.
2. Altiregen will ask the player to find Geschupenschte in Einbech.
3. Head to the Tool Shop [177,133] and answer Geschupenschte's 10 questions correctly.
1) Which region is matched incorrectly with its specialty item? B) Alberta - Swordmace
2) What status can be inflicted with the Hammer Fall skill? A) Stun
3) Which skill cannot be performed by a Merchant? D) Increase AGI
4) Where can you find a store that sells Blue Gemstones? C) Geffen
5) Where is the Tool Dealer located in Geffen? A) 8 o'clock direction from the town square
6) Which weapon cannot be used by a Merchant? D) Bible
7) Which has the highest defense rate? B) Mink Coat
8) For Level 3 weapons, what is the Safe limit for upgrading? C) up to +5
9) What item can be made using the Trunks item? A) Sakkat
10) The most important part of being a Merchant is...? C) Money
1) Which region is matched incorrectly with its specialty item? B) Aldebaran- Hammer
2) How much Zeny is one Jellopy worth? C) 3z
3) What is required for a Merchant to use the vending skill? A) Must Have a Cart
4) Where can you change your Job to become a Merchant? A) Alberta
5) Where is the Weapons Dealer located in Morroc? D) 5 o'clock direction from the town square
6) What weapon can a Merchant not use? B) Claymore
7) Which one of the following has the highest defense rates? B) Mink Coat
8) For level 3 weapons, what is the safe limit for upgrading? C) Up to +5
9) What monster does NOT drop Iron Ore? D) Anolian
10) The most important part of being a Merchant is...? ?) Any answer
He will then ask you to bring him items that he is in need of:
Although he will always ask for a type of weapon, all can be purchased at NPC shops.
4. After bringing Geschupenschte the items he's asking for, he'll refine the weapon. He'll want the result to be delivered Bismarc, a person standing near the airship in Hugel [168,183], Talpiz in Payon [214,79], or Baisulist [46, 164] in Geffen, Krongast [209, 80] in Lighthalzen, or Wickebine, in Morroc (27, 112). It appears that Geghupenshte imbued the weapon with Green Herbs, so Bismarc could cure his poison with it. He'll give the player a voucher which Geschupenschte is interested in.
5. After dropping off the weapon, return to Geschupenschte, and hand him the reciept, then head back to the Blacksmith Guild and talk to Altiregen again.
6. Altiregen wants the player to talk with Mitehmaeeuh, a female blacksmith in the back of the Blacksmith Guild. She'll have you do a quiz, but this time it's 5 questions (instead of 10 as in the quiz with Geschupenschte).
1) What ability is required to learn the Discount skill? A) Level 3 Enlarge Weight
2) When you attack with Hammerfall, what status effect can you inflict on enemies? A) Stun
3) How much Zeny is spent when attacking with the mastered Mammonite Skill? (Level 10) A) 1000 Zeny
4) What is the discount rate when the Discount skill is mastered? A) 24%
5) What is the maximum percent that you can overcharge items sold to NPC's after mastering the Overcharge skill? A) 24%
1) Which of the following monsters drops Steel? A) Skel Worker
2) Which of the following stones can be made from Red Bloods? A) Flame Heart
3) Which of the following stones do you have the most of in your Kafra Storage? A) You should know your storage for this one. @_@
4) In general, which of the following properties receives the most damages from Wind attribute weapon? A) Water property
5) How many Iron Ore is required to make 1 Steel? A) 5 - this is kind of a trick, but it is more likely a mistake in the translation. It should be "Iron" not "Iron Ore".
7. After the questions has been answered to her satisfaction, she will hand the player a Hammer of Blacksmith to give to Altiregen. After giving the hammer to Altiregen, he will change your job to Blacksmith. If you were Job Level 50 as a Merchant, you receive 30 Steel.