From iRO Wiki Classic
The following are common terms used during gameplay or discussion. Please note that this is not a complete list, and that terms may be dependent on your server.
- A>: Auctioning an item.
- AB: Acid Bomb also known as Acid Demonstration (AD) on other servers.
- Aco: An Acolyte class player.
- AFK: "Away From Keyboard"; used to indicate that someone is not at their computer.
- AFKmist: An Alchemist or Biochemist who goes AFK and lets their homunculus kill monsters for them (often found in ).
- Agi: The Agility stat, or the Acolyte skill Increase Agility.
- Alche: An Alchemist class player.
- AoE: "Area of Effect", skills that affect a large area at once.
- AR: Adrenaline Rush.
- AAR: Advanced Adrenaline Rush.
- Asp: Aspersio.
- Ass/Assu: Assumptio.
- Ass Cross: An Assassin Cross class player.
- Asura/Ashura/Ashura Strike: An alternate name for Guillotine Fist.
- AV: Arrow Vulcan.
- B> : "Buy", commonly used in chatroom names where players are looking for an item(s).
- Battle Build : A build that fights in close combat; usually used on classes which usually do not have this role, such as Priests or, while more rare, Soul Linkers.
- BB: Bowling Bash or .
- BC: Battle Chant.
- Bless: Blessing.
- Biochem: A Biochemist class player.
- Biolabs: The Somatology Lab dungeon in Lighthalzen.
- Boss: A special type of monster that usually can be distinguished by them having the ability to detects Hiding even if they are not Insect or Demon monsters (which naturally detects Hiding). They also cannot be knocked back.
- Bot: An illegal third-party program that automates various tasks in game, such as leveling, farming, or advertising. Report suspected botting to your GM team via the ill-mannered report option.
- BS: A Blacksmith class player.
- Buff: A type of skill that improve your abilities, the most common of which is Blessing.
- Cart: The cart pulled by merchant classes to vend.
- CB: Cold Bolt.
- CCC: Chain Crush Combo.
- Champ: A Champion class player.
- CP: Classical Pluck.
- Crus: A Crusader class player.
- CS: Clashing Spiral.
- CSS: Cicada Skin Shed.
- DA: Double Attack.
- DB: , an item to summon a random monster on the spot (not in towns).
- DB Party: To use many dead branches in one area and therefore collect a large mob of monsters.
- DC: "Disconnect" or Discount.
- DPS: "Damage per second", the average amount of damage a character can do in one second.
- Drop: Item(s) gained from killing a monster.
- DS: Double Strafe.
- DS dancing: To Double Strafe while moving to reduce delay and effectively increase ASPD.
- Econ: Economy, the castle stat which determines the number of treasure boxes produced.
- ED: , or its .
- EDP: Enchant Deadly Poison.
- Ein: The city of Einbroch or Einbech.
- Endow: Giving a weapon an element using a Sage's endow skill.
- ES: Earth Spike.
- ESL: .
- EXP: Experience Points.
- EXP tap: The act of attacking or taking damage from a monster to increase the EXP it gives.
- FA: Falcon Assault.
- FAS: Focused Arrow Strike.
- Falcon: The falcon used by Hunters.
- FB: Fire Bolt.
- FBa: Fire Ball.
- FCP: Full Chemical Protection.
- FD: Frost Diver.
- FFA: "Free for All".
- Fist/Fisting/Fister: Referring to the skill Guillotine Fist or a Monk/Champion character with the skill.
- FP: Fire Pillar.
- FS: "Full Support", in reference to characters based around supporting other characters.
- FW: Fire Wall.
- Game Master: An in-game administrator, with their own unique sprites and abilities.
- GC: Grand Cross.
- Guildie: A member of your guild.
- GD: Guild Dungeon or Gloria Domini.
- GFist: Guillotine Fist.
- GH: Glast Heim, a dungeon west of Geffen.
- GM: See: Game Master.
- GR: "Guild Recruiting", Ghostring, or it's .
- Grind: The process of hunting for a long time for exp.
- GS: A Gunslinger class player.
- GTB: , or its .
- HD: Heaven's Drive.
- HL: Holy Light.
- Homun: A homunculus.
- HP: A High Priest class player or Hocus-pocus.
- HSCR: High Speed Cart Ram.
- HW: A High Wizard class player.
- JT: Jupitel Thunder.
- KE: Kyrie Eleison.
- KH: Kiel Hyre Quest. accessed through the
- KoS: "Kill on sight", usually referring to PvP.
- KS: "Kill Steal"; the act of killing/damaging the monster another player is fighting on purpose.
- Alternate: Kafra Shop.
- LB: Lightning Bolt
- LHZ: Lighthalzen.
- Link: A Soul Linker's Spirit skill.
- Linker: A Soul Linker class player.
- LK: A Lord Knight class player.
- LoV: Lord of Vermilion.
- Lou/LY: The Louyang field outside of the town where many players level off Mi Gaos.
- MA: Meteor Assault.
- Mag: Magnificat.
- Mage: A Magician.
- Mammo: Mammonite.
- MB: Magnum Break.
- ME: Magnetic Earth or Magnus Exorcismus.
- Merc/Merch: A Merchant class player or a mercenary.
- Mob: To collect an unusually large group of monsters.
- MR: Magic Rod or Martyr's Reckoning.
- MS: Meteor Storm, Magic Strings, Mental Strength, Mental Sensing, or a Mastersmith class player.
- MVP : Most Valuable Player, also can means some special monsters that gives you special "MVP" reward for killing it.
- NB: Napalm Beat
- NG: "Need Guild". A player in search of a guild.
- NP: "Need Party". A player in search of a party.
- Party: A group of players that are hunting together and can share experience points.
- Peco: The monster Knights or Crusaders. , or one mounted by
- PR: Party Recruiting.
- Pron: The city of Prontera.
- PVM/PvM: Player versus monster combat.
- PVP/PvP: Player versus player combat, see PvP and WoE.
- Quag: Quagmire.
- Rares: Rare items, such as cards or equipment only available from monster drops.
- Res: Resurrection.
- Respawn: To return to a save point after dying.
- RS: Rapid Smiting.
- RTB: Raging Trifecta Blow.
- S> : "Sell", used in chatroom names where the player is selling an item(s).
- Sac: Sacrifice.
- Sader: A Crusader class player.
- Sanc: Sanctuary .
- SB: Sonic Blow.
- SC: Stone Curse or Signum Crucis.
- SD: Soul Destroyer.
- Sensing: The Wizard/Sage skill Sense, or the Ensemble Skill, Mental Sensing.
- Sewers: A dungeon west of Prontera, also known as Culverts.
- SG: Storm Gust.
- Sin: An Assassin class player.
- SinX: An Assassin Cross class player.
- SL: A Soul Linker class player, or the actual Soul Link (Spirit skills).
- Slave: A player that does not receive any experience while hunting, but simply supporting the party.
- SN: A Super Novice class player.
- SP Reco: Increase SP Recovery.
- Spirit: A monk's spirit sphere or, a Soul Linker's Soul Link.
- Support (Role): Request a supportive player (such as a Priest) to be passive and just buff/Heal the party.
- SS: Soul Strike or "Screenshot".
- Suff: Suffragium.
- SW: Safety Wall.
- Swordie: A Swordman class player.
- Tank: To have a player, usually with higher AGI or VIT, to absorb the attacks by a player.
- Tele: To Teleport or use a Fly Wing.
- TI: Turtle Island.
- TK: A TaeKwon Kid class player.
- TKM: A TaeKwon Master.
- THQ: Twohand Quicken.
- TM: see TKM.
- TS: Thunderstorm or Teamspeak.
- TSS: Throw Spirit Sphere.
- TU: Turn Undead.
- UG: Underground Dungeon, below the Clock Tower in Aldebaran or below the Thief Guild in Pyramid near Morroc.
- Vend: Setting up shop by a Merchant with the Vending skill.
- Vent: Refers to Ventrilo, a popular voicechat program.