|Guardian of Yggdrasil
||Finished Report from the New World, Started Two Tribes (To the point where you enter the Dungeon)
||10 Manuk Coins -OR- 10 Splendide Coins
- Talk to the Yggdrasil Gatekeeper at (nyd_dun02 99, 199).
- How to reach the gatekeeper:
- Enter Yggdrasil Dungeon at (spl_fld01 368, 112).
- Enter the portal located at 3 o'clock of the map (nyd_dun01 252, 144) (not shown on minimap). The portal markings on the minimap are exits only.
- Once in level 2, walk right until you've reached a cliff. Control the "Strange Device" at (nyd_dun02 137, 274), and cross the canyon by stepping on the circles. Stepping anywhere outside the shown circles will return you to the bottom right corner of the previous map.
- After crossing the cliff, follow the path consisting of stairs and roots until you've arrived at a gate at (nyd_dun02 99, 199).
- Tell Commander Agip (mid_campin 90, 121) about the cave you found, he tells you to find Historian Magnifier.
- Ask Historian Magnifier (mid_camp 271, 299) for help. He tells you to visit his assistant in the Prontera library.
- In the west Prontera Library (prontera 120, 264), talk to Assistant Naomi (prt_in 171, 94), and she will give you several papers to read.
- Return to Magnifier, he tells you to go investigate what the Laphine and Sapha know. Chose to go to either the Laphine or Sapha.
- Talk to the Grumbling Soldier in the Splendide (splendide 198, 178), and ask him about the tree.
- Inside the central building (splendide 197, 191), speak to the Laphine Commander (spl_in01 110, 60).
- Inside the building in the far right of Manuk (309, 142), talk to the Laphine Prisoner (man_in01 291, 62).
- Talk to Neat Etorr (man_in01 311, 57) in the same building.
- Return to Magnifier, he tells you to speak to Commander Agip to get his opinion.
- Commander Agip decides to ask both tribes for help exploring the cave. This will force each to help you to prevent you from getting help from their enemy.
- You are presented with a choice of which tribe to go to in order to seek assistance.
- Speak to the Laphine Commander, and threaten to ask the Sapha's help if she refuses hers. She will agree to help and ask you to talk to Aide Arioss.
- Aide Arioss (spl_in01 104, 56) will give you a token to mark you as a guardian of the yggdrasil and tell you the password to get past the door.
- Return to the building in Manuk and talk to Neat Etorr again.
- Talk to the Laphine Prisoner twice.
- At this step you can now enter the Nidhoggur's Nest Instance. After you clear the instance, talk to Yggdrasiliad in the final room.
- Note: The instance is very difficult and will require a strong party to complete.
- Note 2: This quest can not currently be completed on iRO, the Yggdrasilid in the instance does not appear to set a needed quest variable.
- Chose if you want to go to Splendide or Manuk for your reward.
- Splendide: Talk to the Laphine Commander, and then Arioss. You will receive 1,500,000 Base EXP, 35,000 Job EXP, and 10 Splendide Coins.
- Manuk: Talk to Etol, and then with the Laphine Prisoner. You will receive 1,500,000 Base EXP, 35,000 Job EXP, and 10 Manuk Coins.