MVP stands for Most Valuable Player, a definition not exclusive to Ragnarok Online. This is a Monster with Boss Protocol and MVP Protocol. MVP's are much stronger than any other normal monsters and appear on an array of maps throughout Ragnarok. MVP's only spawn at certain times, anywhere from once per hour to once every 8 hours since the last MVP of that kind was killed. While MVP's can be defeated by a single person (depending on the Classes of the players), they are most often taken down by a party of 2 or more players. Because of the difficulty with which MVP's are defeated, they give a high amount of experience and MVP rewards given directly to the player's inventory to the player who has the most damage interaction with it. They are also Free for All (i.e. ANYONE can attack them, no matter who found it first or summoned it).
MVP monsters will also summon slaves or mobs to increase the difficulty with which they are defeated. The mob will often times consist of 3-9 monsters, sometimes all of them the same, sometimes different, depending on the MVP.
Normal MVP Monsters
Normal MVPs spawn a set amount of time after the previous one was defeated. For example, if Amon Ra is defeated at 11:00, it will spawn again at 12:00. If an MVP spawns in multiple places, the two times are independent of one-another and the respawn period may be different. Below is a list of all normal MVPs, where they are located, and the time that needs to elapse before it will respawn.
- Eddga is located on Payon Field 11 (2 hours) and Balder Guild Dungeon (8 hours)
- Hatii is located on Lutie Field (2 hours)
- Stormy Knight is located on Toy Factory 2 (1 hour)
- Tao Gunka is located on Beach Dungeon, West Cave (5 hours)
- Amon Ra is located on Morroc Pyramid B2F (1 hour)
- Dracula is located on Geffen Dungeon 2 (1 hour)
- Golden Thief Bug is located on Prontera Culvert 4 (1 hour)
- Phreeoni is located on Morroc Field 15 (2 hours)
- Atroce is located on Rachel Field 02 (4 hours), Rachel Field 03 (3 hours), Rachel Field 04 (5 hours), Veins Field 01 (5 hours), Veins Field 02 (6 hours)
- Lady Tanee is located on Ayothaya Dungeon 2 (7 hours)
- Mistress is located on Mt. Mjolnir 4 (2 hours)
- Moonlight Flower is located on Payon Cave 5 (1 hour)
- Osiris is located on Pyramid 4F (1 hour)
- Drake is located on Sunken Ship 2 (2 hours)
- Pharaoh is located on Sphinx 5 (1 hour)
- Turtle General is located on Turtle Island 4 (1 hour)
- Maya is located on Ant Hell 2 (2 hours) and Valkyrie Realms Guild Dungeon (8 hours)
- Gopinch is located on Dremuchi Forest (2 hours)
- Doppelganger is located on Geffen Dungeon 3 (2 hours) and Luina Guild Dungeon (8 hours)
- Egnigem Cenia is located on Somatology Laboratory 2 (2 hours)
- Kiel-D-01 is located on Kiel Dungeon 2 (2 hours)
- Orc Hero is located on Geffen Field 12 (1 hour) and Geffen Field 2 (24 hours)
- Evil Snake Lord is located on Kunlun Dungeon 3 (94 minutes)
- Samurai Specter is located on Amatsu Dungeon 3 (91 minutes)
- Vesper is located on Juperos Core (2 hours)
- Gloom Under Night is located on Rachel Sanctuary 5 (5 hours)
- White Lady is located on Louyang Dungeon 3 (117 Minutes)
- Fallen Bishop is located on Cursed Monastery 2 (2 hours)
- Baphomet is located on Labyrinth Forest 3 (2 hours)
- Dark Lord is located on Glast Heim Chuchyard (1 hour) and Britoniah Guild Dungeon (8 hours)
- Detardeurus is located on Abyss Lake 3 (3 hours)
- Ifrit is located on Thor's Volcano 3 (11 hours)
- Lord of the Dead is located on Niflheim (133 minutes)
- Orc Lord is located on Geffen Field 10 (2 hours)
- RSX 0806 is located on Mine Dungeon 2 (125 minutes)
- Valkyrie Randgris is located on Odin Shrine 3 (8 hours)
- Wounded Morocc is located on Dimensional Gorge (12 hours)
- Beelzebub is located on Cursed Monastery 3 (12 hours)
- Tendrilrion is located on Splendide Field 3 (1 hour)
- Hardrock Mammoth is located on Manuk Field 3 (4 hours)
Somatology Laboratory 3 MVP Monsters
One of the following MVPs (chosen randomly) will spawn between 95 to 150 minutes after the previous MVP is defeated in Somatology Laboratory 3. These are all classified to be of High Difficulty.
- Assassin Cross Eremes
- High Priest Margaretha
- High Wizard Kathryne
- Lord Knight Seyren
- Master Smith Howard
- Sniper Cecil
Special Spawn Conditions MVP Monsters
The following MVPs have special spawn conditions that do not follow either the timed spawn model or the
- Baphomet (event) is an event boss and only spawns when GMs decide to spawn it.
- Poring the Conqueror (aka Bring It On) is an event boss and only spawns when GMs decide to spawn it. This MVP is classified as Very High Difficulty.
- Ktullanux is spawned by using 4 Freezing Snow Powder (obtained via the Ice Necklace Quest) or 4 Ice Scale (obtained by defeating Ktullanux previously) to put out the four sacred fires on Ice Dungeon 3. Once defeated, Ktullanux cannot be resummoned for another 2 hours. This MVP is classified as Mid-High Difficulty.
- Memory of Thanatos is spawned by the completion of the Thanatos Tower Quest. This MVP is classified as Medium Difficulty.
- Naght Sieger (Floor 101) and Entweihen Crothen (Floor 100) spawn in the Endless Tower instance.
- Nidhoggur's Shadow spawns in the Nidhoggur's Nest instance.
- Abysmal Knight (Weapon) +25% Damage to Boss Monsters (inc. MVPs)
- Alice (Shield) 40% Less Damage from Boss Monsters, 40% More from Others
- Convex Mirror (iRO Valkyrie) Shows location (if out) and gives spawn time for an MVP when used on the map it spawns on
|Monsters in Ragnarok Online|
|Race||Angel • Demon • Formless • Insect • Fish • Demi Human • Undead • Dragon • Plant • Brute|
|Element||Holy • Shadow • Neutral • Water • Fire • Wind • Earth • Ghost • Poison • Undead|
|Boss Protocol • MVP (Free for All) • Size • Kill Stealing • Monster Skills|