Thanatos Tower Quest
1. On Thanatos Tower 1F you should find a representative NPC (tha_t01 149 78) who is looking for recruits for those wishing to explore the tower. Sign up with her for the quest.
2. A guide on Thanatos Tower 2F (tha_t02 231 161) blocks the entrance to 3F. You will need to gather 5 or more players will the guide open the door to 3F. It's not required that you be in the same party to enter. If you have not received the quest from step 1, you will not be able to enter this portal.
3. On 3F (tha_t03 67 70) you'll find a strange mechanism. Using a Lv. 4 weapon, you can pry the device open, obtaining a Red Key.
4. On 4F (tha_t04 195 195) you'll find another strange mechanism. The mechanism can be opened by solving a puzzle, similar to mastermind if you've ever played it. The machine will guess 3 numbers between 1 and 9 (none repeating), and you will be required to crack the password. Each round you can guess 3 numbers from 1-9 (no repeats), and the machine will inform you how many of the numbers you chose were correct and in the proper location, and how many numbers are correct but not in the right location. You have 5 rounds to guess the correct code or you will be required to restart. When you correctly complete this puzzle, you will obtain a Yellow Key.
Note: if you'd like help finding the number, try this site.
5. On 5F (tha_t05 62, 179), there will be a third mechanism. Insert the Red Key into the crack, followed by the Yellow Key. You will receive a Blue Key.
6. On 6F (tha_t06 226, 229), there will be a fourth mechanism. Nearby, there will be 5 wheels which you can turn and adjust. You will want to adjust them so that they are all in the same configuration, one solution is:
Here you will obtain the Green Key.
7. Also on 6F (tha_t06 203, 181), you will find the last mechanism. Choose the 2nd option each time to obtain the Black Key.
8. Once you've obtained all 5 colored keys enter the portal to the next floor and the Black Key will transform itself into the Black Charm Stone.
9. On 8F (tha_t08 48, 59) you will find a set of Shining Crystals. Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
10. Talk to the 2nd set of Shining Crystals at (tha_t08 48, 147). Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
11. Talk to the 3rd set of Shining Crystals at (tha_t08 90, 147). Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
12. Talk to the last set of Shining Crystals at (tha_t08 90, 59). Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
13. With all the magical jewels, you are now ready to open the pathway to the top of the tower. Make your way to the uppermost floor.
14. On the 12th floor, start by placing the Yellow Charm Stone into the first statue (tha_t12 161 58) in the northeast direction.
15. Place the Green Charm Stone into the second statue in the southeast direction.
16. Then place the Blue Charm Stone into the third statue (tha_t12 104 18) in the southwest direction.
17. Place the Red Charm Stone into the fourth statue (tha_t12 96 58) in the northwest direction.
18. Finally, place the Black Charm Stone into the last statue (tha_t12 128 86) in the north direction. The pathway to the top of the tower should now appear in the center of the floor.
19. On the southeast platform you'll find a magic circle (thana_boss 217 167). For this you will need to have a Fragment of Agony or you will be unable to proceed. Fragment of Agony is dropped by Dolor of Thanatos. Walk over the magic circle and enter "Fragment of Agony". At this time, a Dolor of Thanatos will appear.
20. Once the first wave of monsters is defeated, proceed to the northeast platform (thana_boss 202 75). This time you will need a Fragment of Misery. Without this item, you will be unable to proceed. Place the "Fragment of Misery" in the magic circle, a Maero of Thanatos will appear.
21. On the northwest platform (thana_boss 80 76), you will need a Fragment of Despair. When you place the "Fragment of Despair", a Despero of Thanatos will appear.
22. On the southwest platform (thana_boss 62 171), you will need a Fragment of Hatred. When you place the "Fragment of Hatred", an Odium of Thanatos will appear.
23. Once all 4 ghosts have been defeated, the party will be summoned to (xx, yy) on the north platform and after a short speech, Memory of Thanatos will spawn directly next to them.
24. Following Thanatos' defeat, the party will have a short amount of time to pick up the drops before getting force warped back to 12F. There will be a 2 hour cooldown before he can be summoned again by anyone.
Talk to XXX (firstfloor xx, yy) who will give you various rewards for turning in items dropped by monsters throughout the tower.