Blacksmiths can refine into , and into , and elemental ores into elemental stones. For material requirements, see Iron Tempering, Steel Tempering and Enchantedstone Craft. Each attempt to refine material consumes 1 Mini Furnace.
Alternatively: There is an NPC in Einbroch (Uwe Kleine) (216,180) who can refine Coal at a price of 30 and 4 .
1. In order to refine materials into metals you must have all of the necessary materials in your main inventory (not your cart). Then you use a furnace. When you use theit's gone for good, it doesn't matter if you actually refine something or not.
2. A window will open with a list of items that can be created. Select which item you wish to refine from the list and click 'OK' or press enter.
3. Another window will appear detailing which materials you'll be using up. Regardless of if the refining succeeds or fails the items on the list will be lost if you continue.
4. If the refining succeeds the newly created item will appear in your inventory.
- The base success rate for refining, before taking any other factors into account, is 20% for Iron and Steel and 5% for Elemental Stones.
- Refining sucess rate is decided by Forging Equipment, Skills, DEX, LUK and Job Level.
- The tempering skills, Steel Tempering, Iron Tempering and Enchantedstone Craft increase the success rates of refining , and Elemental Stones respectively.
- Each point of DEX and each point of LUK is believed to add 0.1% chance to successfully refining a material. For example, with 19 Dex and 1 Luk a Blacksmith would gain an additional 2% chance to refine steel after taking other factors into account.
- Each Job Level is believed to add 0.2% to the overall success rate.
A Refining Calculator can be found here.
|NPC Enhancement||Refinement System • Socket Enchant • Hidden Enchant|
|Blacksmith/Mastersmith-Related||Forging (Oridecon Research • Smith Axe • Smith Dagger • Smith Knucklebrace • Smith Mace • Smith Spear • Smith Sword • Smith Two-handed Sword • Weaponry Research) • Refining (Enchantedstone Craft • Iron Tempering • Steel Tempering) • Weapon Materials • Upgrade Weapon|
|Alchemist/Biochemist-Related||Potion Creation • Fame System|