A Boss Protocol monster is one that has a special flag set. Some monsters and all MVPs have this flag set. They have the following attributes:
- Various skills fail on them;
- The knock back aspect of skills does not affect them.
- They detect the Hiding status and any other skill statuses that is similar to it.
- The time Ankle Snare holds them is reduced.
- Unaffected by status effects;
- They cannot be silenced, stunned, poisoned, etc.
- Exception: Slash can inflict coma on all undead monsters, including bosses. Otherwise, even coma from Tarot Card will not work on monsters with the boss protocol.
- Affected by all items geared towards "bosses", i.e.;
- Abysmal Knight Cards increase damage to them by 25%
- Alice Cards reduce damage dealt by them by 40%
Example for common monsters with Boss protocol:
- Monsters of Thanatos Tower Lv.7 and above
- Owl Duke
- Owl Baron
- Kasas and Guardians in Thor's Volcano
- The Guardians inside WoE SE Castles
Mini Bosses do not actually exist: this is a player coined term, to describe a rare monster, considered as such because they have set spawn intervals ranging from as quick as 10 minutes to as long as 2 hours unlike normal monsters that spawn instanteneously. Similar to an MVP but not quite exactly like, Mini Bosses are usually programmed under a Boss protocol, with some even being able to summon mobs. Unlike MVPs, these monsters are not FFA. However it is ill mannered to keep these monsters alive.
Monsters that people tend to classify as Mini Bosses are:
- Any * of Thanatos monsters, besides Memory of Thanatos
- Arc Angeling
- Cat O' Nine Tails
- Dark Illusion
- Dragon Fly
- Hellion Revenant
- Maya Purple
- Mutant Dragonoid
- Ogretooth (Also known as Tirfing)
- Vagabond Wolf
For more information on these visit:
|Monsters in Ragnarok Online|
|Race||Angel • Demon • Formless • Insect • Fish • Demi Human • Undead • Dragon • Plant • Brute|
|Element||Holy • Shadow • Neutral • Water • Fire • Wind • Earth • Ghost • Poison • Undead|
|Boss Protocol • MVP (Free for All) • Size • Kill Stealing • Monster Skills|