|Duration:||(300-Skill Level*50) Seconds|
|(Hunter) Skid Trap Lv. 1|
Consumes 1 Trap item to set a trap that will immobililze an enemy for a set duration. The effective duration of the trap is reduced by the enemy's AGI, and Boss monsters are immobilized by traps for only 1/5 of the normal duration. Although trapped enemies cannot move, they can still attack and use skills. Enemies can also be released if a Hunter targets them and casts Remove Trap.
|Trap Duration (seconds)||250||200||150||100||50|
|Immobilization Duration (seconds)||4||8||12||16||20|
- Trap Duration (but not Immobilization Duration) lasts 4 times as long in WoE.
- Guild castles contain some map squares on which an Ankle Snare is not visible. Even though it can't be seen, the snare is still there and functional.
- In PvP and WoE, snares will trap all players, even the player who set the snare.
- In WoE, players may move past a snare before coming to a stop. They may also occupy multiple snares. When this happens, the Immobilization Duration of the first snare they encountered determines how long they remain trapped. All of the snares they occupy will vanish at the same time. Casting Remove Trap on any of the snares will remove all of the snares, but return only 1 Trap. See the discussion for more in-depth information.
- The action against some "boss" flagged monsters is similar to that of players in WoE. They may move past a snare before stopping, and may occupy multiple snares. Be careful when trapping these monsters.
- Ankle Snare can be cast into "nothingness". When casting Ankle Snare onto a forbidden (black) area of the map, the skill will fail with a warning message, and no SP or Trap will be used. However, if the skill is cast onto a map square which is occupied by an object (not a monster/player), the SP and Trap will be consumed, but an Ankle Snare will not be laid and a warning message will not be issued. These map squares can be identified when the green targeting square vanishes. Clock Tower 3, is an example of a map full of (non-obvious) locations that will cause this. Many guild castles also contain map squares with this behavior, only the targeting square might not disappear.
|Hunter & Sniper|
| 2nd Class
|Ankle Snare • Beast Bane • Beast Charge • Blitz Beat • Claymore Trap • Detect • Falconry Mastery • Flasher • Freezing Trap • Land Mine • Phantasmic Arrow • Remove Trap • Sandman • Shockwave Trap • Skid Trap • Spring Trap • Steel Crow • Talkie Box|
|Falcon Eyes • Falcon Assault • Focused Arrow Strike • Wind Walker|
|Quests||Hunter Job Change Guide • Hunter Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough|