Merchant Job Change Guide
1. Head to Alberta and enter the Merchant Guild in the southwest corner (alberta 36,42). Inside talk to Chief Mahnsoo (Merchant) behind the desk to sign up to become a Merchant.
2. He will ask you to pay a fee of 1,000 Zeny before beginning the quest. You can pay half (500z) before and half (500z) after the quest if you lack the funds. You will also be given a serial number and destination. Do not forget them! The serial number is randomly chosen between one of these:
The destination is one of the following:
3. Head down into the warehouse and speak with the warehouse supervisor (alberta_in 28,29). You must the enter the serial number as well as the destination of the parcel. The supervisor will give you a parcel even if you enter the wrong serial number and/or destination, but the receiving NPC will not accept it, thus requiring the player to start over.
4. Deliver the parcel to the appropriate NPC. You will receive a Receipt from them if step 3 was done correctly.
5. Return to Alberta and present the supervisor with the receipt, then speak with Chief Mahnsoo again to become a Merchant.