Note: If you have a save point at Prontera and do not screw up you should only need 7 Butterfly Wings, but if this is your first time doing the Spy Quest please bring extra Butterfly Wings just in case. Also, it is recommended that you have Agi-Up throughout the quest to speed things up!(A headgear [PecoPeco headband], a Riding Vehicle [Peco Peco] or this skill [Agi-Up])
1. Talk to Rooney in Prontera, who needs help delivering a letter to Lasda Midar the bard. (Kid Prontera 202, 122)
2. Talk to Lasda Midar, and give him the letter. He reads it and gives you the money to pay Rooney (prt_church 89,108).
3. Give the money to Rooney.
4. Go back to Lasda, who asks if you can help his friend who is being held in the Morroc jail.
5. In Morroc, talk to Jesse the Prison Ward (morroc 53, 87). He asks for 1 , and then he'll let you in to visit Vitre.
6. Bring 1 Fried Monkey Tails dish to Prison Ward.
7. Go to the building in the lower left of town (morroc 82, 52), and inside talk to Sir Krieg (morroc_in 79, 163) who tells you Vitre is in prison for espionage. He won't let you visit him unless you know him personally or can get someone to write explaining why you should be able to visit.
8. Go back to Lasda, and tell him what Krieg said. He writes you a letter of recommendation to bring to Krieg.
9. Take the letter to Krieg, who says he holds Lasda in high regard, and will tell the Warden to allow you speak with Vitre.
10. Talk to the Warden, who lets you in to the prisoner area.
11. Talk to the "Upset Looking Bard" in the jail cell, Vitre, who says he has no clue why he's there. He asks for your help getting him out, but needs aand .
12. Talk to the "Guant Prisoner" in the cell next to Vitre's and ask where you can get a megaphone.
13. Go to the Comodo Dancer Guild (talk to Bor Robin next to the Kafra Employee), and talk to the Dance Instructor (job_dancer 93, 107). She'll lend you a megaphone if you escort some of her dancers to the Schwartzvald Republic.
14. After agreeing, talk to the Cheerful Dancer (job_dancer 83, 52) and she takes you to meet the others on the Airship.
15. Talk to the Mature Dancer, and after an announcement that the ship is about to land in Einbroch, you disembark and find yourself inside the Einbroch Hotel.
16. Talk to the Hotel Manager, who warps you inside the next room, in which you find the dancers performing for a group of people, including a Rekenber PR Representative and Arunafeltz priest. Walk around the spot (175, 285) until a conversation between the Rekenber employee and priest starts.
17. Go back through the portal and talk to the Hotel Manager to receive your payment.
18. Go back through the same portal once more and talk to the Mature Dancer to travel to Comodo again, then talk to the Dance Instructor, who sells you a for 500,000 Zeny.
Note: If you speak to the Dance Instructor again after getting the Megaphone, there will be an option to buy another Megaphone for 500,000 zeny, but you won't be able to use extra Megaphones purchased in this way for other characters to do the quest. There's actually no use at all for these extra megaphones, so make sure you don't buy more. This option will no longer be available after completing step 19 of this quest.
19. Bring the Megaphone and Violin (Purchasable in Comodo) back to Vitre. Vitre takes the two and blows incredibly hard, blowing the cell door off. You make your escape outside with him.
20. Finding yourself back in Morroc, talk to Vitre again. He asks you to meet several people for him.
21. Talk to each of them, and they will sing you a song (don't worry about memorizing them). Go back to Vitre (morocc 297,154) and he will award you with an.
22. Just before you tell Vitre about the lyrics of the songs, a Rune-Midgard secret service agent appears, and they haul Vitre off to the slammer again. The agent tells you to go back to Lasda.23. Talk to Lasda, and receive 600,000 Base Experience and a .