Thanatos Tower Quest
|Thanatos Tower Quest|
|Party:||5+ People for Level 3 Access|
|Item(s) (Consumed):|| 1
|Item(s) (Not Consumed):||Equippable Level 4 Weapon|
|Quest Prerequisite(s):||Transcendent Class or 95+ Expanded Class characters|
|Quest Reward(s):||Ability to Summon(Repeatable)|
- Note: If you do NOT intend to finish the entire quest at one time, you should be aware that once you obtain the Keys (possibly the stones as well), they cannot be put into storage or dropped.
- Note: Also, at some point past Tower 3F, when you log out, you will be sent back to your save point.
2. A guide on Thanatos Tower 2F blocks the entrance to 3F. You will need to gather 5 or more players near the Entrance Guide NPC for the guide open the door to 3F. It's not required that you be in the same party to enter. If you have not received the quest from step 1, you will not be able to enter this portal.
3. On 3F you'll find a Rune Device in the southwest corner. Using a Lv. 4 weapon, you can pry the device open, obtaining a Red Key.
4. On 4F you'll find a second Rune Device in the northeast corner is sufficient if you walked from the portal. The device is visible from outside the wall).
- The mechanism can be opened by solving a puzzle, similar to mastermind if you've ever played it. The machine will guess 3 numbers between 1 and 9 (none repeating), and you will be required to crack the password. Each round you can guess 3 numbers from 1-9 (no repeats), and the machine will inform you how many of the numbers you chose were correct and in the proper location, and how many numbers are correct but not in the right location. You have 5 rounds to guess the correct code or you will be required to restart. When you correctly complete this puzzle, you will obtain a Yellow Key.
- Note: if you'd like help finding the number, try this site.
- First Wheel - Option 1
- Second Wheel - Option 2
- Third Wheel - Option 3
- Fourth Wheel - Option 1
- Fifth Wheel - Option 1
Here you will obtain the Green Key.7. Also on 6F *Needs confirmation* ) walk south and you will find the last mechanism inside a fireplace. Choose the 2nd option each time to obtain the Black Key.
8. Once you've obtained all 5 colored keys enter the portal at the center to go to the next floor ( /navi that_t06 #/# Forgot to screenshot coordinates). The Black Key will transform itself into the Black Charm Stone.
- Note: You cannot enter the portal unless you have all five Keys. If you have any Charm Stones, you must sell them at an NPC first, then collect the corresponding Key before attempting to enter 7F.
- Players who would like to access the 7-9th floor for hunting purposes only need to complete the quest up to this point. However, since the Black Key is transformed into a Charm Stone upon entering the 7th floor, players will need to discard it (by selling to an NPC) and repeat the 7th step before entering 7F for every journey.
- Note: The shining crystals on 8F rearrange themselves every 30 min, if they rearrange while you are between steps 9 and 12, you may need to back track to the start of the level.
- Side-edit: This guide was last updated in 2010, so confirmation of this NOTE is needed.
- Note: You should have Black, Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue Charm Stones before proceeding.
15. Walk south and place the Green Charm Stone into the Green wiseman statue ( /navi tha_t12151/17 ) in the southeast direction .16. Then place the Blue Charm Stone into the third statue *Needs confirmation*) in the southwest direction. 17. Place the Red Charm Stone into the fourth statue *Needs confirmation*) in the northwest direction. 18. Finally, place the Black Charm Stone into the Dark Devil Statue in the north direction. The pathway to the top of the tower should now appear in the center of the floor. 19. On the southeast platform you'll find a magic circle . For this you will need to have a or you will be unable to proceed. Walk over the magic circle and enter "Fragment of Agony". At this time, a will appear. 20. Once the first wave of monsters is defeated, proceed to the northeast platform . This time you will need a . Without this item, you will be unable to proceed. Place the "Fragment of Misery" in the magic circle, a will appear. 21. On the northwest platform , you will need a . When you place the "Fragment of Despair", a will appear. 22. On the southwest platform , you will need a . When you place the "Fragment of Hatred", an will appear.
23. Once all 4 ghosts have been defeated, the party will be summoned to (xx, yy) on the north platform and after a short speech,will spawn directly next to them.
24. Following Thanatos' defeat, the party will have a short amount of time (20 seconds *Needs second confirmation*) to pick up the drops before getting force warped back to 12F. There will be a map-wide announcement that will count down until you're warped. There will be a 2 hour cooldown before he can be summoned again by anyone.