Thanatos Tower Quest
|Thanatos Tower Quest|
|Party:||5+ People for Level 3 Access|
|Item(s) (Consumed):|| 1
|Item(s) (Not Consumed):||Equippable Level 4 Weapon|
|Quest Prerequisite(s):||Transcendent Class or 95+ Expanded Class characters|
|Quest Reward(s):||Ability to Summon(Repeatable)|
- Note: If you do NOT intend to finish the entire quest at one time, you should be aware that once you obtain the Keys (possibly the stones as well), they cannot be put into storage or dropped.
- Note: Also, at some point past Tower 3F, when you log out, you will be sent back to your save point.
1. On Thanatos Tower 1F find the Representative NPC ( /navi tha_t01 149/78) who is looking for recruits for those wishing to explore the tower. Sign up with her for the quest.
2. A guide on Thanatos Tower 2F ( /navi tha_t02 231/161 ) blocks the entrance to 3F. You will need to gather 5 or more players near the Entrance Guide NPC for the guide open the door to 3F. It's not required that you be in the same party to enter. If you have not received the quest from step 1, you will not be able to enter this portal.
3. On 3F ( /navi tha_t03 66/67 ) you'll find a Rune Device in the southwest corner. Using a Lv. 4 weapon, you can pry the device open, obtaining a Red Key.
4. On 4F ( /navi tha_t04 191/195 ) you'll find a second Rune Device in the northeast corner ( /navi tha_t04 185/188 is sufficient if you walked from the portal. The device is visible from outside the wall).
- The mechanism can be opened by solving a puzzle, similar to mastermind if you've ever played it. The machine will guess 3 numbers between 1 and 9 (none repeating), and you will be required to crack the password. Each round you can guess 3 numbers from 1-9 (no repeats), and the machine will inform you how many of the numbers you chose were correct and in the proper location, and how many numbers are correct but not in the right location. You have 5 rounds to guess the correct code or you will be required to restart. When you correctly complete this puzzle, you will obtain a Yellow Key.
- Note: if you'd like help finding the number, try this site.
5. On 5F ( /navi tha_t05 61/178 ) in the top left corner, click the Eagle Statue. Insert the Red Key into the crack, followed by the Yellow Key. You will receive a Blue Key.
6. On 6F ( /navi tha_t06 226/226 ) in the very northeast corner, there will be a Gorgeous Statue. The dialog lets you adjust 5 wheels. You will want to adjust them so that they are all in the same configuration, one solution is:
- First Wheel - Option 1
- Second Wheel - Option 2
- Third Wheel - Option 3
- Fourth Wheel - Option 1
- Fifth Wheel - Option 1
Here you will obtain the Green Key.
7. Also on 6F ( /navi tha_t06 203/181 *Needs confirmation* ) walk south and you will find the last mechanism inside a fireplace. Choose the 2nd option each time to obtain the Black Key.
8. Once you've obtained all 5 colored keys enter the portal at the center to go to the next floor ( /navi that_t06 #/# Forgot to screenshot coordinates). The Black Key will transform itself into the Black Charm Stone.
- Note: You cannot enter the portal unless you have all five Keys. If you have any Charm Stones, you must sell them at an NPC first, then collect the corresponding Key before attempting to enter 7F.
- Players who would like to access the 7-9th floor for hunting purposes only need to complete the quest up to this point. However, since the Black Key is transformed into a Charm Stone upon entering the 7th floor, players will need to discard it (by selling to an NPC) and repeat the 7th step before entering 7F for every journey.
9. On 8F ( /navi tha_t08 46/65 ) you will find a set of Shining Crystals a few step to the east where you warped in. Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
- Note: The shining crystals on 8F rearrange themselves every 30 min, if they rearrange while you are between steps 9 and 12, you may need to back track to the start of the level.
- Side-edit: This guide was last updated in 2010, so confirmation of this NOTE is needed.
10. Talk to the 2nd set of Shining Crystals at ( /navi tha_t08 47/147 ) in the northwest. Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
11. Talk to the 3rd set of Shining Crystals at ( /navi tha_t08 90/150 ) in the northeast. Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
12. Talk to the last set of Shining Crystals at ( /navi tha_t08 90/59 *Needs confirmation*) in the southeast. Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
- Note: You should have Black, Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue Charm Stones before proceeding.
13. With all the magical charm stones, you are now ready to open the pathway to the top of the tower. Make your way to the uppermost floor at the portal in the southeast corner ( /navi tha_t08 112/43). Continue traveling up the floors and staircase until you reach the 12th floor.
14. On the 12th floor, start by placing the Yellow Charm Stone into the Gold religious statue ( /navi tha_t12 159/56) in the northeast direction.
15. Walk south and place the Green Charm Stone into the Green wiseman statue ( /navi tha_t12151/17 ) in the southeast direction .
16. Then place the Blue Charm Stone into the third statue ( /navi tha_t12 104/18 *Needs confirmation*) in the southwest direction.
17. Place the Red Charm Stone into the fourth statue (/navi tha_t12 96/58 *Needs confirmation*) in the northwest direction.
18. Finally, place the Black Charm Stone into the Dark Devil Statue ( /navi tha_t12 129/83 ) in the north direction. The pathway to the top of the tower should now appear in the center of the floor.
19. On the southeast platform you'll find a magic circle (thana_boss 217 167). For this you will need to have aor you will be unable to proceed. Walk over the magic circle and enter "Fragment of Agony". At this time, a will appear.
20. Once the first wave of monsters is defeated, proceed to the northeast platform (thana_boss 202 75). This time you will need a. Without this item, you will be unable to proceed. Place the "Fragment of Misery" in the magic circle, a will appear.
21. On the northwest platform (thana_boss 80 76), you will need a. When you place the "Fragment of Despair", a will appear.
22. On the southwest platform (thana_boss 62 171), you will need a. When you place the "Fragment of Hatred", an will appear.
23. Once all 4 ghosts have been defeated, the party will be summoned to (xx, yy) on the north platform and after a short speech,will spawn directly next to them.
24. Following Thanatos' defeat, the party will have a short amount of time (20 seconds *Needs second confirmation*) to pick up the drops before getting force warped back to 12F. There will be a map-wide announcement that will count down until you're warped. There will be a 2 hour cooldown before he can be summoned again by anyone.
Talk to Guide ( /navi tha_t01 140/78 *Needs confirmation*) who will give you 1,000 zeny for turning in each, , or dropped by monsters throughout the tower.