Thanatos Tower Quest
|Thanatos Tower Quest|
|Party:||5+ People for Level 3 Access|
|Item(s) (Consumed):||1, 1 , 1 , 1|
|Item(s) (Not Consumed):||Equippable Level 4 Weapon|
|Quest Prerequisite(s):||Transcendent Class or 95+ Expanded Class characters|
|Quest Reward(s):||Ability to Summon(Repeatable)|
- Note: In order to access floors higher than 6, players must be either a Transcendent class or Expanded class above level 95.
- Note: If you do NOT intend to finish the entire quest at one time, you should be aware that once you obtain the Keys (possibly the stones as well), they cannot be put into storage or dropped. If every amount of weight counts on your character, you would be wise not to do this quest if you don't intend to do it to completion (or at least until you use all of the items).
1. On Thanatos Tower 1F you should find a representative NPC (tha_t01 149 78) who is looking for recruits for those wishing to explore the tower. Sign up with her for the quest.
2. A guide on Thanatos Tower 2F (tha_t02 231 161) blocks the entrance to 3F. You will need to gather 5 or more players will the guide open the door to 3F. It's not required that you be in the same party to enter. If you have not received the quest from step 1, you will not be able to enter this portal.
3. On 3F (tha_t03 67 70) you'll find a strange mechanism. Using a Lv. 4 weapon, you can pry the device open, obtaining a Red Key.
4. On 4F (tha_t04 195 195) you'll find another strange mechanism. The mechanism can be opened by solving a puzzle, similar to mastermind if you've ever played it. The machine will guess 3 numbers between 1 and 9 (none repeating), and you will be required to crack the password. Each round you can guess 3 numbers from 1-9 (no repeats), and the machine will inform you how many of the numbers you chose were correct and in the proper location, and how many numbers are correct but not in the right location. You have 5 rounds to guess the correct code or you will be required to restart. When you correctly complete this puzzle, you will obtain a Yellow Key.
Note: if you'd like help finding the number, try this site.
5. On 5F (tha_t05 62, 179), there will be a third mechanism. Insert the Red Key into the crack, followed by the Yellow Key. You will receive a Blue Key.
6. On 6F (tha_t06 226, 229), there will be a fourth mechanism. Nearby, there will be 5 wheels which you can turn and adjust. You will want to adjust them so that they are all in the same configuration, one solution is:
- First Wheel - Option 1
- Second Wheel - Option 2
- Third Wheel - Option 3
- Fourth Wheel - Option 1
- Fifth Wheel - Option 1
Here you will obtain the Green Key.
7. Also on 6F (tha_t06 203, 181), you will find the last mechanism. Choose the 2nd option each time to obtain the Black Key.
8. Once you've obtained all 5 colored keys enter the portal to the next floor and the Black Key will transform itself into the Black Charm Stone.
- Note: You cannot enter the portal unless you have all five Keys. If you have any Charm Stones, you must sell them at an NPC first, then collect the corresponding Key before attempting to enter 7F.
- Players who would like to access the 7th to 9th floor for hunting purposes only need to complete the quest up to this point. However, since the Black Key is transformed into a Charm Stone upon entering the 7th floor, players will need to discard it (by selling to an NPC) and repeat the 7th step before entering 7F for every journey.
9. On 8F (tha_t08 48, 59) you will find a set of Shining Crystals. Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
- Note: The shining crystals on 8F rearrange themselves every 30 min, if they rearrange while you are between steps 9 and 12, you may need to back track to the start of the level.
10. Talk to the 2nd set of Shining Crystals at (tha_t08 48, 147). Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
11. Talk to the 3rd set of Shining Crystals at (tha_t08 90, 147). Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
12. Talk to the last set of Shining Crystals at (tha_t08 90, 59). Talk to it, and one of your keys will transform into the corresponding charm stone.
- Note: You should have Black, Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue Charm Stones before proceeding.
13. With all the magical jewels, you are now ready to open the pathway to the top of the tower. Make your way to the uppermost floor.
14. On the 12th floor, start by placing the Yellow Charm Stone into the first statue (tha_t12 161 58) in the northeast direction.
15. Place the Green Charm Stone into the second statue in the southeast direction.
16. Then place the Blue Charm Stone into the third statue (tha_t12 104 18) in the southwest direction.
17. Place the Red Charm Stone into the fourth statue (tha_t12 96 58) in the northwest direction.
18. Finally, place the Black Charm Stone into the last statue (tha_t12 128 86) in the north direction. The pathway to the top of the tower should now appear in the center of the floor.
19. On the southeast platform you'll find a magic circle (thana_boss 217 167). For this you will need to have aor you will be unable to proceed. Fragment of Agony is dropped by Dolor of Thanatos. Walk over the magic circle and enter "Fragment of Agony". At this time, a will appear.
20. Once the first wave of monsters is defeated, proceed to the northeast platform (thana_boss 202 75). This time you will need a. Without this item, you will be unable to proceed. Place the "Fragment of Misery" in the magic circle, a will appear.
21. On the northwest platform (thana_boss 80 76), you will need a. When you place the "Fragment of Despair", a will appear.
22. On the southwest platform (thana_boss 62 171), you will need a. When you place the "Fragment of Hatred", an will appear.
23. Once all 4 ghosts have been defeated, the party will be summoned to (xx, yy) on the north platform and after a short speech,will spawn directly next to them.
24. Following Thanatos' defeat, the party will have a short amount of time to pick up the drops before getting force warped back to 12F. There will be a 2 hour cooldown before he can be summoned again by anyone.
Talk to Guide (tha_t01 140, 78) who will give you 1,000 zeny for turning in each, , or dropped by monsters throughout the tower.