|Cast Time:||0.5-1.3 seconds|
|Cast Delay:||0.5 seconds|
|Duration:||(10 + (Skill level*10)) seconds|
|Target:||Enemy (None Needed)|
|(Monk) Flee Lv. 5|
Root is the Monk's version of the Knight skill Counter Attack. Once Root is cast, it allows the caster to "catch" an enemy if they use a normal attack against the caster during the skill's Catch Time. If Root is successfully casted, then both the Monk and enemy are thrown into the "Root" status. During the Root status, only the caster may attack, by use of skills, and what skills they can use are determined by the level of Root they have learned (exception if the opponent is also a monk, see notes). Root only works on physical attacks and requires 1 Spirit Sphere per cast, regardless if an enemy is caught or not.
|Skill Level||Skills||Catch Time||Duration|
|1||None||.5 seconds||20 seconds|
|2||Throw Spirit Sphere||.7 seconds||30 seconds|
|3||Occult Impaction||.9 seconds||40 seconds|
|4||Raging Quadruple Blow||1.1 seconds||50 seconds|
|5||Guillotine Fist||1.3 seconds||60 seconds|
The Catch Time associated with Root is the amount of time you have to actually "catch" an enemy attack to launch the Root status.
Continuing as a Combo
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust (Monk/Champion)
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust -> Glacier Fist (Champion)
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust -> Chain Crush Combo (Champion)
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust -> Glacier Fist -> Chain Crush Combo (Champion)
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust -> Chain Crush Combo -> Guillotine Fist (Champion, needs to have 1 Spirit Sphere at the end of Chain Crush Combo and be in Fury state)
- Root cannot catch players or monsters using skills.
- Since this skill is of the Monk discipline, if the user Roots an enemy Monk, then the enemy can also use skills while in Root; which skills are available is determined by each player's level of Root.
- During the Root status, players/monsters will retain all of their original characteristics, except the inability to move or attack. They can be damaged, attacked, use items or even change gears.
- Rooted players/monsters are also susceptible to effects like knockback (and it will not affect the Root status).
- Throw Spirit Sphere is weakened when used from Root, as Root itself consumes one spirit sphere.
- Root only works from melee range. It can be used against ranged attackers, but the monk using Root must be within melee range.
|Monk & Champion|
| 2nd Class
|Excruciating Palm • Flee (Skill) • Fury • Guillotine Fist • Iron Fists • Mental Strength • Occult Impaction • Raging Quadruple Blow • Raging Thrust • Raging Trifecta Blow • Root • Snap • Spiritual Bestowment • Spiritual Cadence • Spiritual Sphere Absorption • Summon Spirit Sphere (Spirit Sphere) • Throw Spirit Sphere|
|Chain Crush Combo • Glacier Fist • Raging Palm Strike • Zen|
|Quests||Monk Job Change Guide • Monk Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough|
|Weapons||Mace • Knuckle|