Republic of Schwartzvald
The Republic of Schwartzvald is an adjoining country to the Rune-Midgarts Kingdom. It seems more technologically advanced than Rune-Midgarts, and it is home to technology-based classes such as the Gunslinger and Blacksmith class.
The Republic lies to the north of Rune-Midgard. The closest city to the Republic of Schwartzvald is Al De Baran. It consists of roughly 36 maps and is considerably smaller than Rune-Midgarts. The two other countries in Ragnarok, the Arunafeltz States and aforementioned Rune-Midgarts Kingdom can be accessed via the International Airship in Juno.
Schwartzvald's climate is mostly monotonous, a kind of industrial desert as a result of Einbroch and Einbech's mining and industrial operations. The few areas not covered by the desert include Abyss Lake as well as a few maps around Lighthalzen.
The Head of State of Schwartzvald is the President, whose office lies in Juno. Though nominally a Republic, the nature of Schwartzvald's legislative branch is unknown. It is understood that Rekenber Corporation has great de facto influence in Schwartzvald politics and has many legislators and has had many past Presidents under its control. The current President was elected under the pledge to eliminate the corruption that plagues the government, but nothing has come of this promise yet.
Cities and Towns
- Juno is the capital of the Republic of Schwartzvald. It is suspended in the air by the magical Ymir crystals which manifest as blue plumes of light throughout the city.
- Einbroch is home to the Gunslinger class and is in the process of an industrial revolution. The huge amount of technology and production creates a lot of smog around the city and leaves the resulting fields around it as far as Juno polluted and sparsely inhabited. Nonetheless, a few monsters have found homes in the surrounding fields, including the Archer's favourite target, the Geographer.
- Einbech is a suburban town ajoining Einbroch. It is smaller but has the to the north.
- Lighthalzen is a city of commerce. Unlike the polluted Einbroch, it is very clean and is populated by wealthy merchants. However, across the city are slums and the tension between the slums and the rest of Lighthalzen is high. Police officers are often patrolling the boundary between the two areas.
- Hugel is a small suburban town that is on the outskirts of Yuno. Despite its small gentle atmosphere, nearby are the two of the most difficult dungeons in the game - and .
|Dungeon||DB Map Link|
|Somatology Laboratory (Biolabs)|
|Countries & Towns of Ragnarok Online|
|Rune-Midgarts Kingdom||Prontera • Izlude • Alberta • Payon • Archer Village • Morroc (Destroyed) • Geffen • Al De Baran • Comodo • Umbala|
|Republic of Schwartzvald||Juno • Einbroch • Einbech • Hugel • Lighthalzen • Verus|
|Arunafeltz States||Rachel • Veins|
|New World||Rune Midgard Allied Forces Post • Manuk • Splendide • El Dicastes • Mora Village • Eclage|
|Standalone||Lutie • Jawaii • Nifflheim • Malangdo • Dimensional Gap|
|Global Project||Amatsu • Kunlun • Louyang • Ayothaya • Moscovia • Brasilis • Dewata • Port Malaya|