Game Masters, commonly known as GMs, are employees of the company that operate the server whose job is to assist players and enforce the rules.
GMs have access to special commands which allow them to perform their job duties in the game. For a list and description of these tasks, see GM Commands.
- The names and public message text of GM characters are displayed in yellow text.
- Private messages from GMs are displayed both in the log panel and at the top of the screen, like global messages.
- GM names are nearly always in the format 'iRO GM n', where 'n' is a zero-prefixed number, such as '01'. Characters that do not exactly follow this format and are not wearing GM clothing should assumed to be fraudulent.
- GMs will never ask for any of your account details in-game; they will always request that you submit account-related queries through the WarpPortal Support Center.
- GMs will never ask for your password under any circumstances.
- GMs characters have a unique appearance. Males wear a white garment with gold trim, which extends down to the character's feet. Females wear a white miniskirt with gold trim.
- GMs will never ask for items or zeny from players for any reason, but they may give items to players as prizes during special events or as compensation for items lost due to circumstances outside of a player's control.
If you encounter a character who claims to be a GM but does not meet the aforementioned criteria, you should immediately report it by submitting a ticket to the WarpPortal Support Center.
Community Managers can be identified by their forum rank title below their avatar image, their rank should read "Community Manager".
- GMs can be identified by a red username. Other Gravity employees have purple or silver colored names.
- When viewing the Moderation Team group listing, they are listed there as part of the group. Which can be viewed here.
Please note that you should NEVER give out or post your Ragnarok Online account login information on the forums. If you need account assistance, please contact the GM Team via the Support Ticket Service. The GM and Community Management Teams will NEVER ask for your Ragnarok Online account password. Do NOT give out your Ragnarok Online account password to anyone you do not trust.