Talk:Cute Pet System
Where the heck is all this new info coming from?
- I don't know. I guess we should find out :) --Resplendent 16:24, 7 July 2010 (MDT)
- Item names look like eA's translations, and some of the pet effects are what eA implemented before kRO added pet effects. (and some of the effects are from Stalker-ness 16:58, 7 July 2010 (MDT) , and just weren't previously added here) --
- Isn't this wiki supposed to have what is current and not what is going to happen? We aren't even sure if it will happen. We should remove the info that was added today. Having "Ones in red are not in iRO" isn't good enough. This wiki is specifically for iRO so any information from other ROs are completely irrelevant. --Moxxy 18:29, 7 July 2010 (MDT)
- The wiki has had and it is perfectly acceptable to have information on future content that is likely to find its way to iRO. If said content has been implemented on kRO (and isn't a unique kRO event or item) it's fine to add it here while denoting it as not available on iRO. We welcome all information that may be of future use to players to help them plan their RO experiences. Assuming the Pet information is likely to make its way to iRO in the future, I have no problem with how it was. --Resplendent 22:11, 7 July 2010 (MDT)
- The problem is that there is no information at all of this being added to iRO. These effects were added to kRO over a year ago with 13.2. iRO received patch 13.2 without many of these effects. Since some effects were skipped while others were not the additional effects are not likely to be added so without confirmation from someone working in iRO we shouldn't add the information. --Moxxy 06:50, 8 July 2010 (MDT)
It isn't unusual for kRO content to take that long to get to iRO, especially in the current situation when we're waiting on Renewal. I suppose if after a certain period of time we still didn't have any of them we could remove it but for now it's really not a big deal. --Resplendent 07:23, 8 July 2010 (MDT)
- You're the Admin. The final decisions yours to make :P --Moxxy 08:15, 8 July 2010 (MDT)
- Also, some English speakers who play on servers besides iRO will sometimes rely on this wiki's iinformation (especially for quests). Toddlertoddy7 13:34, 8 July 2010 (MDT)
Source for claim that low hp does not effect taming success rate?
Do we have any source for the claim that low HP does not effect taming success rate?
There was a sizable study on the old ROE forums that suggested a very large effect from lowering monster hp, and others have since posted smaller trials as well. Haven't seen any that contradict that claim. None of these trials are in the realm of clear statistical significance, due to the sample sizes required, but unless we have hard evidence for hp not effecting taming success rate, the wiki should state that it has not been proven whether or not lowing the monster hp effects taming success rates. DrAzzy 10:35, 22 June 2011 (MDT)
- Server config files specify a rate on a per monster basis. Of course, that doesn't necessarily imply that the rate doesn't get scaled by according to remaining monster hp. --Stalker-ness 12:05, 22 June 2011 (MDT)