RODEX (Alt: Ragnarok Online Delivery Express) is a mail system built into the user interface of the client. It allows players to mail other players with text, items and zeny.
RODEX can be accessed via the icons underneath the Basic Info Window. If your character has unread mail, a notification will appear beside your mini-map.
You may send a mail by either opening the RODEX window via the basic info window, right clicking a character, or right clicking a character in your friends list or party list. Type in the name of the character you wish to mail, and press Check to confirm the character exists. The default title for a mail is TITLE but you can change it. A title must be between 4 to 24 characters long. Optionally, you can also add a short message of 0 to 500 characters long.
Features and Limitations
- Can send up to 5 different items per mail, as long as the total weight of all the items does not exceed 4000 Weight.
- You can't take out an individual item if there are multiple items in one mail.
- The item cannot be account or character bound.
- For each item you add, you will be taxed 2,500 Zeny. The quantity of the item does not get taxed.
- You may also send any amount of Zeny your character has. You will be charged 2% of the amount of Zeny you send in the mail.
- Can mail up to 300 times per day.
- Mail only has a 15 day duration.
- If the mail wasn't deleted by the recipient before the 15 day duration ends, the mail will be returned to the sender.
- If the mail is returned to the sender, they have another 15 days to take out any items or zeny that was left in the mail.
- Anything left in the returned mail will be deleted and forever lost after the 15 day duration has ended.
- Check button will give information about the receiver's character Job and Level, so you can make sure you are sending mail to the right person.
- Unable to send mail if storage is open.
- When sending mail, there is a low chance that the delivery will fail, no stamp will be consumed, and all attached items will be lost. As the only visual difference between a successful delivery and a failed delivery is the message that is displayed, it is vitally important to verify that mail is sent successfully and, upon failure, to submit a support ticket requesting item restoration. According to the GM team, "any consumable items" and "items like the witch starsand [sic]" will not be restored.
- After the stamp counter resets at midnight Pacific time, the mailbox must be (re)opened before sending any mail. Failure to do so (for example: accessing RODEX via the friend/party window, or opening the mailbox before midnight and waiting until after midnight; and then sending mail) will cause the player's stamp counter to drop to one.
- Sometimes the Next button can become stuck. This is a server-side error caused by the server ignoring requests to load the next page despite correctly reporting that there is more mail. This can be fixed by relogging or moving to a different zone server.
- Almost any action--including but not limited to claiming items, checking the addressee's name, deleting mail, and opening mail--can intermittently fail. These server-side errors are harmless and the action can simply be retried.
- If the player clicks on the Check Name button at the same time the client receives a response to an earlier request, the mail composition window hijacks the mouse and effectively prevents any meaningful mouse interaction with the client. The only remedies are to close the offending window by forcing a teleport--for example, by backsliding into a portal--or to Alt+F4 the game.