Talk:Sealed Shrine Quest
Spawn zones on 2nd floor
I'm fairly certain that these are actually every 5 min, however their odd behavior can make it seem more frequent. iirc, once the portal to floor 2 is opened, the zones each reset. 5 min later, each zone resets again, and so on. This can easily result in several mobs appearing less than 5 min apart.
If you can manage to get more than 2 mobs in the span of 5 min out of a single area (i have not had this happen yet), then it would be reasonable to update the page with a lesser reset time. --Stalker-ness 19:35, 12 November 2009 (MST)
Headgear quest section
I would like to bring the last section into attention. It severely disregards the style guide and has an aggressive voice found nowhere else on the wiki. Therefore:
- Can anyone clarify if these circumstances still take place, and;
- If yes, are they iRO only?
- If yes, is it a bug or part of the quest?
There doesn't seem to be anything about this on the forums, and I'd expect there to be at least some wailing about this bug, if it does exist. From the many GMGs floating around, one would think that someone out there didn't know the bug and accidentally lost their doll.
- I suspect that most of the don't do x are because some of iRO's players do rather brain dead things, (such as asking the monk to let them back into the instance = resetting all quest variables). Originally (on iRO), the requirement to complete the instance wasn't actually properly enforced by NPCs, at some point iRO hacked together some method of accomplishing this check. (iRO only fix?)
- The biggest problem however is that iRO fixed it after 90% of the server had already made their bapho horns (including me), so no one really has any incentive to go and double check what is/isn't necessary. I suspect the original text was sufficiently clear to anyone with proper reading comprehension (independent of iROs changes). --Stalker-ness 11:23, 3 August 2011 (MDT)
- Ah, I see. I've got a doll in hand and I'll do some testing myself. A recent forum thread from May said something about needing to be in a party that just did the instance, and so forth - do we have any further data on changes? Or is the current method applicable to all servers? I guess I'll make a forum thread just to be safe; this isn't really a good place for us to be ambiguous in, regarding that some players might work really hard to do. — Steax(Talk) 12:37, 3 August 2011 (MDT)
- EDIT: I'll refrain from posting a topic before I do my testing, so we can at least have some base information to work with. Just to be clear, do we know if the monk inside the instance is a requirement (either to talk to, or not to talk to) for the quest? I don't have the resources to repeat the instance, so this would help with testing. — Steax(Talk) 12:41, 3 August 2011 (MDT)
- Prior to iROs most recent adjustments, he was not required. I have no idea regarding his status after those adjustments. --Stalker-ness 15:42, 3 August 2011 (MDT)