Just wondering if you would be interested in becoming a wiki moderator. --Resplendent 15:23, 29 May 2008 (MDT)
- That would actually be quite wonderful. I enjoy writing, and hopefully can watch over the wiki during times others can't. One thing I can't get my head over (even during discussions at wikipedia), is whether or not I should reply to these things here (on my own page), or elsewhere. Lol. --Steax 23:49, 29 May 2008 (MDT)
Good job on that card page, I like it :D --Bluedreams 13:06, 8 October 2008 (MDT)
- Thank you! I did it together with Soul Link. Will be adding more content soon. ^^ --Steax 15:59, 8 October 2008 (MDT)
Steax can I talk to you via YM? --Brent 03:48, 24 October 2008 (MDT)
If you can stick all of the files in an RAR/ZIP and host that somewhere I can stick them on iW for you. --Resplendent 08:19, 9 October 2008 (MDT)
Ah, thanks for that template on the Champ page, didn't know we had that or I'd of used it! I only have the page set to protected for a month, hopefully our friend goes away by then. --Bluedreams 15:37, 15 March 2010 (MDT)
- It didn't exist when you protected it. =p I made it (Template:Protected) when I saw the ugly clash between the unformatted protected text and the good looking 'needs expert opinion' box, and decided to make a template anyway. Well at least now we've got one for future use if anything else happens. — Steax(Talk) 16:42, 15 March 2010 (MDT)
Editing of my contributions
I'll try to make this sound as least bitchy as possible.
I'd appreciate it if you didn't make a further mess of the contributions I spent a long time carefully writing. Specifically, making proper sentences into fragments ("This skill cures…" was changed to "Cures…"), re-ordering things into a less logical order, and needlessly making things less concise (most people use the wiki as a quick reference, so using two sentences in an opening paragraph to explain that you can only hold 3 ancilla isn't helpful).
Thanks! Richard 17:39, 16 October 2010 (MDT)
- Hi Richard! Well, let me tackle some of those one at a time. The first part, of "This skill cures..." becoming "Cures" is one of the things that I think are convention by history here. Most skills are described in terms of what they do in present tense; see Blessing, for example. Personally I have no trouble with this, I think they got removed in the process of rewording, most of the time. Besides, most people won't need to know that the description applies for "This skill". Again, however, if you feel that it's most suitable for your wording, feel free.
- Which do you think were re-ordered into a less logical order? We can work on them one at a time to figure out a solution.
- Of Ancilla, I did a few things. I was first worried that people may think that using Ancilla as a catalyst would heal SP (hence "manually consuming") and clarifying that the 3-ancilla limit is a limitation of the concept itself, not of the skill. The second part isn't really important though, and I think the bigger factor of my edit was keeping it "shorter"; I just like seeing a couple paragraphs than a few floating sentences, so that just might be me and aesthetics.
- I'm really thankful of your contributions, I couldn't have done a thing with all the AB skills myself, seeing as I have no renewal access. At least having a base to work off can get the ball rolling. In any case, editing of contributions is bound to happen, that's why we have a wiki. Feel free to discuss anything else if you have any other queries. Thanks for your help! — Steax(Talk) 20:23, 16 October 2010 (MDT)
- The reason I begin my skill articles with "This skill" is because I always try to write in proper sentences. I think it makes writing easier to read. Ideally, I think skill articles should all begin with the name of the skill, like Wikipedia articles. For example, "Blessing increases the target's…". However, adopting this format would require that every skill page be modified. I suppose I should suggest adopting the Wikipedia-style format on the Discussion page.
- Your reordering of the information on the Ancilla page is an example of what I consider to be messy. You state the limit on the number of ancilla that can be held at once before even explaining what the item does. :) However, the change you made regarding consuming ancilla makes sense.
- Perhaps I'm being too meticulous. I thought you were being careless, but it based on what you've said, we probably just have different writing styles. I'm sorry if my previous comments were rude. :3 Richard 21:48, 16 October 2010 (MDT)
- The writing style problem really is a plague here, and I guess there's no consensus at all. I absolutely agree that we have no standard. Go ahead and post in Discussion! Feel free to readjust my edits on Ancilla, I think I usually prefer grouping together the purpose and limitations of a skill, before mentioning how it works with other skills. (If it were less specific, it might even go under Applications, but since it's specifically for one skill it's good in the top part.)
(Moved from User:Steax)
Yeah we'll be doing a SQL edit to change the links that way, since we want to avoid Google screwing up our listings. --Resplendent 21:49, 21 October 2010 (MDT)
RO Lookup Tool
I was wondering if you had any plans on updating RO Lookup Tool. Myself and a friend are working through articles that need DB/Map/Item links, and a tool like this would make things a lot easier. It works for the most part, but there are a few annoyance issues i'll list below:
- Clicking a result says it copies it to the clipboard, but in fact, does not.
- If you have link creation on, it links to the old RODE instead of the irowiki DB.
- A full item ID reference connected to wiki DB would be extremely useful.
- Same goes for maps.
- Possibly a toggle for using Item or Item List style formatting, depending on the need.
Hope i'm not sounding demanding, just found the concept of this tool extremely useful and am hoping to see it updated to save a lot of headache. :)
--Rikai 12:24, 2 March 2011 (MST)
- Hi! Sure, I'll have to update it. It was last modified ages ago. A new version would probably use the new list available at the iWDB, so I'll see what I can cook up for you. Chances are it'll be from scratch, though, seeing as I made that one... so long ago lol. I'll keep you posted! — Steax(Talk) 17:51, 2 March 2011 (MST)
iW database issue
Hello, I’m trying to report an issue I’ve encoutered while using your monster database though I’m not sure of the mail address I’m supposed to send this to. It seems that ordering results by JobEXP:HP ratio Desc results in disordered results. Here are the steps to reproduce : - Monster search - Filter by Level between 36 and 41 - Sort by JobEXP:HP ratio Desc You’ll quickly see that the result is not even the reverse of what you’d get while ordering Asc I hope you’ll find my report useful, I personally work in IT and would be glad if endusers would care do so more often.
(The above is written by User:Remye06)