Monk Job Change Guide
1. Visit the Monk Abbey (prt_monk), located one map East, one map North and two maps East of Prontera.
Alternative route to the Monk Abbey is to go to the Prontera Church (prontera 234, 314) in the northeastern corner of Prontera. Go to the room to the righthand side and talk to Priest Praupin, ask him "What should I do?" then select "Go to the convent."
3. Sensei Moohae will assign you one of the following quests:
4. Once the items have been collected, return to Sensei Moohae. You will be directed to Elder Touha, located at (prt_monk 251, 255), in the top right area, for the memory test.
5. Elder Touha will have you remember one of the following:
She will read entire passage out before allowing you to recite it. There is no penalty for failing; you can simply retry the test. Once complete, you will be sent to Boohae, located at (prt_monk 57, 179), on the bottom left side of the map.
6. Boohae will give you the option of two tests: Marathon and Mushroom collecting (Only reason to choose 'Marathon' over 'Mushroom' is lack of agility/concentration potion). Later, the player may return to Boohae to change the test, if it is needed.
7a. If you choose "Marathon": Talk to the door keeper in front of the Abby at (prt_monk 192,170). After, enter the building and find Bashu. Tell him "Marathon". He will then send you to another area.
Run around this map without falling into the pits for 10 laps to complete the Marathon test (each time through the end portal counts as a completed lap). The map is shaped like a ring, with occasional holes that players can fall into. This test is easier to complete by lowering the camera angle very low (Ctrl+Shift+mouse wheel up), allowing pits far ahead to be seen easily.
Note that disconnecting will send you back to your save point. After the test is completed with all ten laps,you will automatically be sent out. It takes approximately 30 minutes with Increase Agility to complete.
7b. If you choose "Collect Mushrooms": you will be sent to Gatekeeper (prt_monk 202, 169) who will port you to a map where you must hunt two types of mushrooms (Gooey & Orange). The NPC does not tell the player that they have enough mushrooms until they have 30 of either type of mushroom. During the test you will also encounter Thief Bugs who will loot your mushrooms and assist other thief bugs if attacked. These are however quite weak considering your level.
The mushrooms from the Thief test can also be used. While it is possible to have a prospective Thief gather the mushrooms, it should be easier to have an Acolyte with high agility and buffs to complete this test faster. It is best to do this bare-handed for maximum ASPD (since the damage is 1 even with a weapon).
8. Now locate Tomoon, also found indoors within the Abbey (prt_monk 192, 170) inside what appears to be a glowing cross. He sends you to an invisible maze. Be warned that during this test, monsters will spawn, such as Zombies and Mummies. They should not be much of a challenge, but keep in mind that you don't have much maneuvering area here.
It is possible to check if a certain cell is passable by pointing the cursor at it. Walkable cells will have the usual green walk marker; if there is none, then that cell is blocked. Generally, try sticking to a straight line from the door to the exit. If there is a choice of routes, take the one that goes closer to the center line. Patience is highly required. Disconnecting in this test will send a player back to their save point.
9. Once out of the maze, talk to Tomoon again and drink the Green Potion he hands over. Then return to Moohae who, after giving a lengthy speech, job changes you into a Monk. As a reward, he'll give you aor a if your job level is 50.