A Boss Protocol monster is one that has a special flag set. Some monsters and all MVPs have this flag set. They have the following attributes:
- Various skills fail on them:
- The knock back aspect of skills does not affect them.
- They detect the Hiding status and any other skill statuses that is similar to it.
- The time Ankle Snare holds them is reduced.
- Unaffected by status effects;
- Affected by all items geared towards "bosses", i.e.;
- increases damage to them by 25%
- reduces damage dealt by them by 40%
Example for common monsters with Boss protocol:
- Monsters of and above
- , and
- The Guardians inside WoE SE Castles
- Monsters of Lighthalzen Dungeon 5
Mini Bosses are not an official designation for any in-game monsters, and the term is not endorsed by game management. Rather, a "Miniboss" is a player-coined term often used to refer to monsters which possess the boss protocol, but which are not MVPs. Many, though not all, of these "minibosses" can be considered rare, as they usually spawn in a limited quantity and only on specific maps, and possess spawn intervals ranging from as quick as 10 minutes to as long as 2 hours unlike normal monsters that spawn instanteneously. Minibosses are similar to an MVP but not quite exactly like. They usually possess stronger skills, higher HP, and more attacking power than similar non-boss monsters, with some even being able to summon mobs. Unlike MVPs, these monsters are NOT FFA. However it is ill-mannered to keep these monsters alive and prevent other players from attacking them while artificially extending the respawn time.
Monsters that can be classified as Mini Bosses are:
- Of Thanatos Monsters: , , ,
|Monsters in Ragnarok Online|
|Race||Angel • Brute • Demi Human • Demon • Dragon • Fish • Formless • Insect • Plant • Undead • Human • Doram|
|Element||Holy • Shadow • Neutral • Water • Fire • Wind • Earth • Ghost • Poison • Undead|
|Misc.||Boss Protocol • MVP (Free for All) • Size • Kill Stealing • Monster Skills|