After reaching Base Level 99 as a second class, a character can choose to transcend (rebirth) and start the process again, being rewarded with a more powerful, transcendent character. The process involves being turned into level 1/1 High Novice, with a different sprite color from the original Novice. After turning into a First Class character, a player becomes a special "High" version of their original First Class, also with a different color scheme. Upon reaching the second class again, the character is granted with a new sprite, an entirely new class name and the new skills that come with it. Players also have access to equipment with the term "Transcendent Only".
Note that the character is considered the same character by the game before transcendence; quests, clothes dye and character-bound items are retained. First class quest skills, however, are automatically given, regardless if they were learned by quest or not.
- All status points and skill points are removed, allowing the character to be entirely redeveloped. However, it is not possible to change class progression.
- When going back to 1/1 Novice, the character starts with 100 Stat points, instead of the regular 48 points.
- A permanent 25% HP/SP bonus is given instantly upon transcendence.
- Job level limit at transcendent second classes is raised to 70, giving 20 extra skill points.
- Access to new skills by the new transcendent second class.
- Access to new gears marked as Transcendent Only.
- Access to the upper levels of Thanatos Tower.
|Base Level:||99 and 2nd Class|
|Item(s) (Consumed):||Must have less than 2000 Weight|
|Quest Reward(s):||Job Change to High Novice|
- Head to the Sage Castle in Northwest Juno (entrance at .
- Talk to Metheus Sylphe Zeny (VIP players will not be charged this fee).
, and pay 1,285,000
- To proceed in this quest, the character must not have a Pushcart, Falcon, Cute Pet, Peco Peco or and must have all of his or her Skill Points spent.
- Non-iRO servers may also require 0 Weight and 0 Zeny. Some equipment, despite weighing zero, may be rejected by the Valkyrie.
- Read The Book of Ymir .
- Head south from that spot to the very bottom of the map, and turn left .
- Go down the stairs and walk through the maze path .
- You will reach a series of small rooms.
- Each room has exactly 4 portals.
- Select portals at random until you enter a room with only 3 portals.
- Once in this room, take the right hand portal, which will lead you to a new spiral room.
- Hint: Type
/wherewhen you enter a new room. When you are on 145, 83 just go south and then go through the right hand portal.
- You have a random chance of being taken to the spiral room. If you don't get taken there when you go through the right-hand portal, just keep trying.
- Head to the center of the spiral, making sure not to enter the portals along the side and enter the portal there.
- Once in the room with the machine, you'll have to click on the NPC bubble (says Heart of Ymir) at the very bottom of it.
- It may be hard to get to, so find a spot within reach of the machine.
- Best may be from the bottom left if you adjust the camera angle if possible.
- After you've been warped to Valhalla, walk north as far as you can north (roughly: , and talk to the Valkyrie.
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice • High Novice • Super Novice|
|First Class /
High First Class
|Swordman • Thief • Archer • Mage • Merchant • Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight • Crusader • Assassin • Rogue • Hunter • Bard • Dancer • Wizard • Sage • Blacksmith • Alchemist • Priest • Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight • Paladin • Assassin Cross • Stalker • Sniper • Minstrel • Gypsy • High Wizard • Scholar • Mastersmith • Biochemist • High Priest • Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight • Royal Guard • Guillotine Cross • Shadow Chaser • Ranger • Maestro • Wanderer • Warlock • Sorcerer • Mechanic • Geneticist • Arch Bishop • Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid • Ninja • Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master • Soul Linker • Kagerou • Oboro • Rebel|