Blacksmiths can forge weapons from different materials. The materials used decide the weapon to be created as well as any additional properties, such as element, the weapon will have. Forged weapons do not have Card Slots. Rods, Bows, Instruments, Books and Katars cannot be forged, nor can Level 4 weapons.
When forging a weapon there are 3 available slots for modifying items. Items such as Flame Heart, Mystic Frozen, Rough Wind and Great Nature can be used to imbue the weapon with the Fire, Water, Wind and Earth properties, respectively. A weapon may only have one element at a time and using more than one elemental stone will cause the forge to fail. Slots may also be fitted with Star Crumbs. One, two, and three Star Crumbs will (respectively) add +5, +10, and +40 Mastery ATK to all attacks from the weapon.
- Make sure that all of the necessary items are in your inventory (not your cart). Then use the necessary hammer for the weapon level you wish to create. Once you click OK (or press Enter) the hammer will be consumed even if you quit.
- A list of weapons you can forge will appear. Select the weapon you wish to create and continue.
- A second window will appear detailing which items will be used up by the forging attempt. There are also 3 slots to place an Elemental Stone and/or Star Crumbs.
- Drag and drop the extra materials from your inventory to the slots to add them to the weapon. Even if the forging attempt fails the items on the list as well as those in the slots will be consumed.
- If the forge is successful the newly created weapon will appear in your inventory.
Smith [Weapon] skill
|| Base Success Rate
|| Success Rate Bonus
|| Success Rate Penalty
- Success Rate is decided by Forging Equipment, Skills, DEX, LUK and Job Level.
- Forging Equipment includes Anvil, Oridecon Anvil, Golden Anvil, Emperium Anvil, Iron Hammer, Golden Hammer and Oridecon Hammer.
- Hammers are used to begin the forging process. Iron Hammers are used to forge Level 1 Weapons, Golden Hammers are used to forge Level 2 Weapons and Oridecon Hammers are used to forge Level 3 Weapons.
- Anvils are kept in the main inventory and increase Success Rate. You cannot forge weapons with Weapon Level higher than your Smith [Weapon] skill level.
- In addition to the Success Rate from the Smith [Weapon] skill, Weaponry Research and Oridecon Research also affect the Success Rates of forging different weapons as well as which weapons are available to forge.
- Each point of DEX and LUK is believed to add 0.1% chance to successfully forging a weapon. For example, a Blacksmith with DEX 19 and LUK 1 would gain an additional 2% chance to forge a weapon, after taking other factors into account.
- Each Job Level is believed to add 0.2% to the overall Success Rate.
- Using forging slots decreases the success rate of the forge attempt. An elemental stone takes off 20% and each Star Crumb takes off 15%.
For Forgers there is a system in which players are ranked based on who can make the most weapons.
- Rank Point +1: For upgrading a Level 1 weapon that the player has forged to +10.
- Rank Point +10: For successfully creating a Level 3 weapon that contains 3 stones (either 2 Star Crumbs and an Elemental Stone, or three Star Crumbs).
- Rank Point +25: For upgrading a Level 2 weapon that you have forged to +10.
- Rank Point +1000: For upgrading a Level 3 weapon that you have forged to +10.
Blacksmith ranks can be checked via usage of
/Blacksmith command ingame. A weapon created by ranked Blacksmith will deal an extra +10 Mastery ATK damage.
Item Look & Feel
- When a weapon is forged successfully, its name will have the forger's name attached.
- Yeef's Sword
- Normally the forger's name will appear in blue. However, if the character that forged the weapon has been deleted, the forger's name is lost, and the weapons becomes Nameless.
- Nameless's Sword
- When imbued with an element, the name of the element will appear before the weapon's name and after the forger's name.
- Yeef's Fire Sword
- When imbued with one or more Star Crumbs, the term 'Very' will appear before the forger's name for each Star Crumb used followed by 'Strong'.
- Very Very Very Strong Yeef's Sword
- When imbued with both an element and Star Crumbs, the weapon's name will follow the naming conventions in the following order: Star Crumbs, Forger's Name, Element, Weapon Name.
- Very Very Strong Yeef's Fire Sword