|Job Type:||2-2 Transcendent|
|Number of Skills:||4|
|Total Skill Points:||27|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
With knowledge comes understanding, and with understanding comes mastery. The Biochemist's unyielding dedication to research and experimentation have raised them to the summit of scientific knowledge. Now that their proficiency with potions and chemicals is unmatched, they are on the verge of manipulating the very laws of nature!
Biochemists are a much stronger class than the Alchemists, provided there are sufficient funds and SP for the new skill Acid Bomb (often abbreviated to "AB" or "AD" as it is known as Acid Demonstration on some other official servers.). While Alchemists were more of a melee class, Biochemists have the option to level with a skill other than Cart Revolution and Mammonite. Many invest a great amount of their stat points into INT instead of AGI, and level with Acid Bomb or magic attacks from weapons (i.e. Fire Bolt through the weapon Fireblend) and Homunculi instead.
Biochemists are a popular class in iRO because of the amount of damage they can deal to MVPs in particular, as well as because their third job class Geneticist is a handy and capable character in War of Emperium.
Job Change GuideJuno. The book will lead you to Valhalla so you can change your job through the Biochemist job NPC. Also you must reach at least job level 40 as a transcendent 1st class character.
- Note: After becoming a Biochemist, if the player knew Bioethics in their prior life, they can regain it by speaking to the Job Change NPC in Valhalla a second time.
- STR: 90
- AGI: 90
- VIT: 16
- INT: 26
- DEX: 46
- LUK: 2
If the concept of making a character primarily dependent on killing boss monsters with expensive reagents is not appealing, Biochemists can be built like a normal battle Alchemist. Invest stat points into STR and AGI but be sure to keep some INT in mind for Acid Bomb.
With the stats, the direction you are going there is enough STR to do heavy damage (especially with a ) with either melee attacks, Cart Revolution, or Mammonite. The high attack speed granted by the large amount of AGI will make spamming Mammonite or melee attacking much quicker. A +9 confers both +8% ASPD and +1 ASPD (a flat bonus) when the Biochemist has 90 base AGI or higher. It is strongly recommended to use the merchant's with this build, as they are accessories that enhance ASPD by +10% each. A difficult to procure substitute would be the , as it also increases ASPD by 10% each.
Useful Gear for AGI Builds:
-  or
Acid Bomb Leveling
- STR: 90
- AGI: 1
- VIT: 26
- INT: 90
- DEX: 50
- LUK: 1
Since you will not be doing War of Emperium on such a low-leveled character, VIT is a low priority. Since it costs very little early on to start getting a stat, it is a bit more handy to get 25 VIT than it is to get only 10 more DEX. Since DEX doesn't contribute much to Acid Bomb it is also treated as a low priority. You will need the DEX early on as a high merchant, and you will need it eventually as a Geneticist, so right now you're just building up the stat-- you're not going to need it as a Biochemist necessarily.
The goal with this build is to level by means of MVPing. That is to say, throw Acid Bombs at MVP monsters to get your experience. MVP monsters are unique in that their experience rewards, while high, are not adjusted by the level difference between the two of you. This makes leveling quite rapid if you are prepared properly for it, and can queue up a string of MVP monsters to kill (Bloody Branches being the best way).
The 90 base STR and 90 base INT allow for optimal use of the item. The , when +9 or higher, allows a 90 base STR and INT character to receive +30 ATK and +50 MATK, both highly valuable to Acid Bomb. Later on, when you can get DEX to 90, you'll be able to also pick up a +10% ranged damage bonus (which affects Acid Bomb) as well. Another reason to get STR high is that STR serves to amplify the base ATK of any weapon you wield. Biochemists are able to equip some excellent high-attack weapons like the Hurricane Fury, which provides a high amount of attack power with a high STR score.
- STR: 1
- AGI: 1
- VIT: 1
- INT: 94-99 (base)
- DEX: 36 (base)
- LUK: 94-99 (base)
- Acid Bomb while expensive yields good exp-rates against MVP monsters. Try to get a Priest to cast Lex Aeterna on the monster first, though, to save you some money on the consumable items required for the skill.
- An AGI build can solo maps such as Juno field 4, which has a lot of the low HP Harpy monster. Veins Field 3 for Magmarings is also a good spot.
- A more supportive Biochemist might find a place in a party with other players using the Aid Potion skill.
The cost of Acid Bomb is overcome by the zeny gained from MVPing while solo or in small parties. A Biochemist will usually beat the competition on almost any MVP. It is highly recommended to pair up with a High Priest or preferably an Arch Bishop when working on MVP monsters, as most MVP monsters are balanced for combat with 3rd job characters in mind. Arch Bishops are particularly helpful, as their skill Sacrament will significantly improve the cast time of Acid Bomb.
Acid Bomb will deal a lot of damage to some players in PvP, particularly those not wearing a lot of demi-human or ranged reduction. A player fully geared with a "WoE Set" will often take very low damage from acid bomb, however. It is not recommended to PVP on a character below 3rd job, as much of your competition will likewise be 3rd job characters.
A Biochemist built for Acid Bomb should aim for equipment that adds ranged Damage icnreases, but failing that anything that adds MATK/INT or ATK/STR. Defensive equipment versus MVP monsters is also vital.
- DEX, high ATK godlike item weapon. This is a powerful War of Emperium reward.) (+50
-  (Fairly high ATK for a one handed sword, and has 3 card slots for cards.)
-  (Extremely high ATK weapon)
-  (Those who cannot afford the above weapons can settle for the Giant Axe. It has a very high attack power.}}
-  (Slotted and adds protection versus boss monsters.)
- Acid Bomb.)  (Slotted and adds noticeable damage to
-  (Can add ranged damage, MATK, and ATK. This is the best garment)
-  (A very defensive garment which will serve you well)
-  (Best garment to use in WoE by leaps and bounds.)
- (Max HP/SP +20% if you leave these at +0.)
-  (Suitable increase to max HP.)
- War of Emperium reward.) (+25 INT and +20% HP/SP. This is a powerful
-  (Best footwear to use in WoE by leaps and bounds.)
- STR/AGI/VIT/INT/DEX/LUK, slotted armor).  (+1
- Acid Bomb)  (offers some delay reduction for the after-cast delay on
-  (Good DEF, STR +2, HP +150. handy if you can't afford any of the above gears.)
- (Could be useful, as it reduces damage from boss (MVP) monsters. no card slot limits its use.)
-  (Best armor to use in WoE by leaps and bounds.)
-  (This is the best shield for MVPing/WoE by far.)
-  (Can be useful in MVP/WoE due to the neutral reduction.)
- (Definitely a must-have for MVPing.)
- (One of the best mid gears, all stats +2)
-  (A good slotted accessory for boosting MATK)
-  (Conversely to the earring, this one increases physical damage)
- STR/AGI/VIT, +10 LUK/INT, godlike item accessory. This is a powerful War of Emperium reward) (+6
Below are listed the skills that are unique to the Biochemist class. For more information about Alchemist skills, click here.
|Consume 1 ATK and MATK, and the target's VIT.and 1 to hurl the contents of both items at a targeted enemy to inflict an amount of damage affected by this skill's level, the caster's||10||Offensive|
|Uses a condensed potion to heal all of the caster's party members, guild, or an allied guild within a 7x7 cell area around a targeted spot. Level affects color of potion used.||10||Supportive|
|Attempt to create a random type of Mushroom (Lv.1) or Plant (Lv.2) with a 50% success rate. Disabled in WoE.||2||Active|
|Protects the armor, weapon, helmet and shield of a party member from being damaged or stripped for the skill's duration.||5||Supportive|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice · High Novice · Super Novice|
| First Class /
High First Class
|Swordsman · Thief · Archer · Magician · Merchant · Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight · Crusader · Assassin · Rogue · Hunter · Bard · Dancer · Wizard · Sage · Blacksmith · Alchemist · Priest · Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight · Paladin · Assassin Cross · Stalker · Sniper · Minstrel · Gypsy · High Wizard · Scholar · Mastersmith · Biochemist · High Priest · Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight · Royal Guard · Guillotine Cross · Shadow Chaser · Ranger · Maestro · Wanderer · Warlock · Sorcerer · Mechanic · Geneticist · Arch Bishop · Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid · Ninja · Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master · Soul Linker · Kagerou · Oboro|