Alchemist Job Change Guide
|Alchemist Job Change Guide|
|Item(s) (Not Consumed):||1, 1 , 1|
|Item(s):||Potion Manual (Varies), Random Ore|
|Quest Reward(s):||Jobchange to Alchemist|
1. Proceed to Al De Baran. The building in the southwest corner is the Alchemist Guild. Inside, talk to the Alchemist Guildsman (/navi alde_alche 27/185) to sign up to become an Alchemist. She will ask you for 50,000 Zeny and one of the following:
2. Once the player has finished registering, go downstairs to a star-shaped room. Head towards the second room on the right side wall to talk with Fastidious Alchemist, Rasputchin Gregory.
3. Fastidious Alchemist, Rasputchin Gregory (/navi alde_alche 175/107) will discuss ill-prepared Alchemists and then give a math oriented exam.
- This exam consists of:
- two (2) addition-subtraction questions
- three (3) multiplication-division questions
- two (2) questions pertaining to discount-overcharge, and
- three (3) questions about the DEF and weight of certain items and armors.
- The player will need to answer 80% of the questions correctly to proceed.
- Bypassing: If the player has Job 50, they can skip this part of the exam. Go straight to Step 4 .
|Red Potion (12), Fly Wing (5) Butterfly Wing (1)||909 z|
|Red Potion (6), Green Potion (7) Fly Wing (8)||798 z|
|Green Potion (15), Magnifier (6), Trap (4)||934 z|
|3 Ring Pommel Sabers, 4 Caps, 2 Boots||550|
|2 Ring Pommel Sabers, 3 Caps, 3 Boots||480|
|3 Scimitars, 2 Helms, Coat||450|
|Buckler, Coat, Gas Mask, Big Ribbon, Cute Ribbon, Sakkat, Glasses||16|
|Biretta, Mantle, Opera Mask, Ribbon, Muffler, Boots, Ear Muffs||20|
|Mirror Shield, Mr. Smile, Leather Jacket, Silk Robe, Wedding Veil, Muffler, Eye Patch||12|
- 5 Helms
- Standard price = 44,000z
- 24% discount = 33,440z
- 20% discount selling price = 35,200z
- Profit (35,200-33,440)*5 = 8,800z
- 4 Padded Armor
- Standard price = 48,000z
- 24% discount = 36,480z
- 20% discount selling price = 38,400
- Profit (38,400-36,480)*4 = 7,680z
- 3 Tights
- Standard price = 71,000
- 24% discount = 53,960
- 20% discount selling price = 56,800
- Profit (56,800-53,960)*3 = 8,520
4. After passing the quiz, head to the next room, South and talk with Studying Man, Darwin (/navi alde_alche 13/15). He will explain the basics for creating potions.
- Bypassing: Giving an ' ' to Darwin (by first selecting the flower option when initially speaking to him) will send the player directly to the final NPC (Step 15) in honor of the bribe.
The player will need the following items for this part:
- 3 (The 3 Medicine bowls can be bought upstairs from the male Alchemist NPC)
He will then ask questions regarding potion creation after he explains the process. If you failed ths part you need to repeat the process again.
Mixture and Counteragent
5. Move to the next room to meet with Experiment Expert, Van Helmont (/navi alde_alche 79/19).
- Note: It is not actually required that the player make Counteragents or Mixtures, the player just needs these items to do this part of the quest:
- 1 , 1 , 1 , 2
- With Alberta. Enter the Manor near the top of the map (/navi alberta 93/202), and head to the second floor. Speak to Louitz (/navi alberta_in 130/54), found in the last room upstairs by the bookshelf. He will mention "Morgenstein". , and in the inventory, go to
- Head to Geffen, and talk with Aure Dupon (/navi geffen 181/114), located to the left of the east Kafra. He'll also refer to Morgenstein.
- Enter the former Blacksmith Guild and head upstairs. Talk to Morgenstein (/navi geffen_in 141/140) at the third floor. After talking twice, he will offer to make a or .
9. Head back to Al de Baran to talk with Van Helmont. He'll ask the player two questions pertaining what was just learned from the Dye quest. For reference:
|Counteragent||Detrimindextra (1) + Alcohol (1)|
|Mixture||Karvodailnirol (1) + Alcohol (1)|
10. In the next room Chief Researcher, Nicholas Flamel (/navi alde_alche 145/19) will give simple word puzzles which include unscrambling names and items in Ragnarok and other word related puzzles.
11. Once finished, talk to him again and he will give the following items which are needed for the following part of the quest.
- DO NOT SELL OR STORE THE ITEMS
12. Nicholas will tell the player to go meet Bajin (/navi yuno_in01 100/153) and Bain (/navi yuno_in01 100/157) in Juno.
- Before heading out, make sure to have the following items along with the items from Nicholas:
- 2000 zeny
13. Head to Juno, and enter the building in the South-Western area (/navi yuno 52/105). Go upstairs to find two brothers. Give them all the items and they will attempt to make Gold. This experiment fails most of the time and the player will receive a variety of items from iron ores to gold depending on luck.
14. After the experiment is complete, head back to Al De Baran and talk with Chief Researcher, Nicholas Flamel again. He will tell you to go upstairs.
15. Head to the second floor of the Alchemist guild and talk to Master Alchemist with rainbow colored hair to change jobs.
- If the player is Job 50, he/she will receive a (240,000z).
- If he/she chooses to change to Alchemist at any level lower than 50, he/she will receive a random potion manual which are 100,000z each and sold by the male Alchemist on the ground floor.