|Job Type:||2-1 Transcendent|
|Number of Skills:||4|
|Total Skill Points:||112|
|Total Quest Skills:||1|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Job Change Guide
- 3 Tips And Tricks To Be a Successful Sniper
- 4 Builds
- 5 How To Heal Yourself for Cheap as a Sniper (as well as get around weight capacity issues)
- 6 Equipment
- 7 Class Data
- 8 See Also
- 9 External Links
One shot, one kill! There is no better way to describe the Sniper. They specialize in precise and powerful ranged attacks. The Sniper is the master of the Bow. In a Sniper’s hands, the bow is a deadly instrument capable of dealing massive damage and carnage. They gained a new skill called Falcon Assault with the help of his lifelong friend, the falcon. When friendship strengthens, so does their power. They also have skills that amplify their bow mastery, as well as piercing arrow skills.
Job Change GuideJuno. The book will lead you to Valhalla so you can change your job through the Sniper Job NPC. Also you must reach at least Job Level 40 as a Transcendent 1st class character.
|1. 'Sage Castle' is located at 11 o'clock direction (Juno.88,320) in||2. 'Book of Ymir' is located inside a room behind an NPC called 'Metheus Sylphe' (yuno_in02 88,164).|
|3. 'Book of Ymir' (yuno_in02 94,206) will teleport you to Valhalla.||4. Find and talk to the Job NPC suited to your 2nd class.|
Tips And Tricks To Be a Successful Sniper
Achieving Top Damage:
There is only 1 weapon snipers should be using and its the Hunter Bow with Hunting Arrow combination. The hunter bow is a free gift from the Hunter guild to all hunters that job change at job 50. It can also be purchased in the Payon weapon shop for very cheap. When combined with Hunting Arrows, players receive a 50% bonus to all dmg dealt. Hunting Arrows can be purchased in Mora. Unfortunately Mora is a lvl 100 zone, so players will either need to get a warp into Mora from other players or purchase the Hunting Arrows off other players through merchant vend shops.
Keeping a steady flow of arrows
Placing your arrows and quivers on the hotkey bar will allow players to monitor how many arrows they have left, open new quivers, and equip arrows when out. This can be a life saver due to the poor mechanics of the arrow equipping system.
Note: These builds will prepare the Sniper for transition into Ranger Class, and thus it is strongly recommended not to differ from these builds unless planning on using a stat reset upon job change
- STR: 1
- AGI: 94
- VIT: 30-40 (some players choose to only get 70 dex and put the rest into VIT for more survivability)
- INT: 30-50 (this boosts your birds dmg and gives you more sp since falcon eyes must be cast constantly)
- DEX: 75-90 (getting less dex wont really hurt your dps by much and the points can be spent on vit for better survivability)
- LUK: 40+
This build is made for destroying. With this build, the player will be doing 1000+ damage crits at an insane speed while receiving frequent aid from their pet falcon. This build also transcends to Auto-Warg ranger well. This is the main leveling build of the sniper class that outputs the most dps possible using high dmg crits and insane attack speed. This build relies on the Falcon Eyes skill for maximum damage.
Equipment-wise, this build is greatly benefited by 2 things:
- Using a hunter bow with hunting arrows for maximum damage output
- Using crit cards to boost the frequency of crit attacks (2x Kobold Card + Skeleton Soldier Cards)
Some players may wish to even forgo getting VIT for more points into LUK to get more falcon proc's as well as more crits.
Tips: players may wish to use snare traps in early levels for killing, but with the proper flee set (dragon manteau/vest + whisper card + alicel card) + the use of Improved Concentrantion + Wind Walker, they wont be needed (thus why having 20-30 INT is almost mandatory for keeping your buffs up at all times). Due to the frequency of falcon procs, it is also possible to hit lock mobs in place, thus never actually receiving any damage from the mobs.
Primary buff skills:
This is the build that all players should use if they plan on being a Pure Arrow Storm build Ranger (unless you plan on using reset stones to redo your stats).
The theme of this build relies solely on the usage of Falcon Assault, Double Strafe, and Arrow Shower as your attack speed will be too slow for auto attack (this is how bard/dancer classes level as well). Usually an ordinary sniper would use a bow, but pure Falconer's can use a dagger and guard combo if they wish.
- With the use of Ankle Snare traps, the player can easily avoid ever being hit by mobs.
- Pure Falconers also utilize traps thanks to their high INT, so don't be afraid to drop a few landmines.
- This build may require heavy usage of potions or the need of a healer to level and thus has been considered semi-difficult to level up. In order to level up at a reasonable speed, it is recommended to get a minimum of 30-40 dex and 20-30 int before putting into other stats so that the player may spam Double Strafe for quick kills (thus avoiding taking damage).
Primary buff skills:
Primary offensive skills:
- Falcon Assault (OPTIONAL! will become useless as ranger but fun to mess around with as Sniper)
How To Heal Yourself for Cheap as a Sniper (as well as get around weight capacity issues)
Many players find that leveling agi classes can become expensive due to the need for healing on high HIT rate mobs(and in renewal, many mobs have had their HIT rate increased drastically). Another massive problem that the archer class in particular suffers from is weight capacity. Potions are simply just too heavy to carry enough of and still have SP regeneration. There is a simple solution that wont bankrupt new players starting out with little money to spend with. FRESH FISH! This cheap, yet viable option is a great substitute for the ever expensive Potions sold by Tool Vendors (and their weight is only 2!). It can be picked up off the Chefs Assistant at the docks of Alberta (167, 134) for only 250z each.
For ultimate Flee boost:
Carded with: |
Extra Carding Option Specifically for Archer Class:
This combination, albeit excessive, offers a MASSIVE set of bonuses for the archer classes:
- Agi +5
- Dex +3
- Perfect Hit +20
- Increases damage with ranged attacks by 20%.
- Adds a 1% chance of inflicting [Coma] on [Brute] race targets when doing a physical attack.
- Increases the experience given from [Brute] race monsters by 5%.
Bold text===A Breakdown of the New Skills===
- Falcon Eyes: The bread and butter to the Snipers DPS. This will boost the Snipers dps and raise crit chance.
- Falcon Assault: ONLY useful if player is planning on going pure falcon assault build or having HIGH int
- Focused Arrow Strike: This spell is worthless. It has a terrible fixed cast timer that makes it unusable for AGI builds(might be usable to Falconers with high VIT that can tank mobs). Arrow Shower does a MUCH better job at AOE killing and can be spammed, thus outdamaging this spell.
- Wind Walker: This spell is a MUST HAVE for any build because it adds flee rate AND makes you and your party walk much faster, which means faster leveling/easier escape from mobs.
For more information about Hunter skills, click Here
|Increases all stats by 5 regardless of skill level. Also increases ATK, Hit, and Crit for the skill's duration.||10||Supportive|
|Deal a single defense ignoring attack to a target based on casters Dex and Int.||5||Offensive|
|Deal up to 450% damage to all targets in a 12x3 area. Has very long cast time||5||Offensive|
|Increase the entire party's move speed and flee for the skills duration.||10||Supportive|
|Hunter • Sniper • Ranger|
| 2nd Class
|Ankle Snare • Beast Bane • Beast Charge • Blast Mine • Blitz Beat • Claymore Trap • Detect • Falconry Mastery • Flasher • Freezing Trap • Land Mine • Phantasmic Arrow • Remove Trap • Sandman • Shockwave Trap • Skid Trap • Spring Trap • Steel Crow • Talkie Box|
|Falcon Eyes • Falcon Assault • Focused Arrow Strike • Wind Walker|
| 3rd Class
|Aimed Bolt • Arrow Storm • Bomb Cluster • Camouflage • Cobalt Trap • Detonator • Electric Shock • Fear Breeze • Fire Trap • Ice Trap • Keen Nose • Magenta Trap • Main Ranger • Maze Trap • Tooth of Warg • Trap Research • Verdure Trap • Warg Bite • Warg Dash • Warg Mastery • Warg Rider • Warg Strike|
|Quests||Hunter Job Change Guide • Hunter Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Ranger Job Change Guide|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice • High Novice • Super Novice|
| First Class /
High First Class
|Swordman • Thief • Archer • Mage • Merchant • Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight • Crusader • Assassin • Rogue • Hunter • Bard • Dancer • Wizard • Sage • Blacksmith • Alchemist • Priest • Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight • Paladin • Assassin Cross • Stalker • Sniper • Minstrel • Gypsy • High Wizard • Scholar • Mastersmith • Biochemist • High Priest • Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight • Royal Guard • Guillotine Cross • Shadow Chaser • Ranger • Maestro • Wanderer • Warlock • Sorcerer • Mechanic • Geneticist • Arch Bishop • Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid • Ninja • Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master • Soul Linker • Kagerou • Oboro|