|Ankle Snare Skill Info|
|Duration:||(300-Skill Level*50) Seconds|
|Range:||3 cell range|
|(Hunter) Skid Trap Lv. 1|
Consumes 1 Trap item to set a trap that will immobililze an enemy for a set duration. The effective duration of the trap is reduced by the enemy's AGI. Although trapped enemies cannot move, they can still attack and use skills. Enemies can also be released if a Hunter targets them and casts Remove Trap.
|Trap Duration (seconds)||250||200||150||100||50|
|Immobilization Duration (seconds)||4||8||12||16||20|
- Immobilization duration is reduced by AGI/10 seconds.
- Minimum duration on players is 7s.
- Removing or destroying this trap will free the target.
- This trap can only be placed up to 2 cells next to players and monsters.
- This trap will yield 1 Trap when affected by Remove Trap or Keen Nose.
- If you have a Special Alloy Trap and the Trap Research skill, you can use this skill with Special Alloy Tap instead. If you do, the skills Remove Trap and Keen Nose will yield a Special Alloy Tap instead of a normal Trap. If you have both Special Alloy Tap and Trap, this skill will only use Trap for the catalyst.
- This trap has a 3x3 activation area and can activate instantly.
- Traps can be activated by and will affect the caster in PVP and WoE.
- This trap's activation can be avoided with Hover.
- This trap can be destroyed by Spring Trap and Trample.
- This trap cannot be knocked back.
- Guild castles contain some map squares on which an Ankle Snare is not visible. Even though it can't be seen, the snare is still there and functional.
- If the triggering player or monster cannot be knocked back (Players using Boss monsters for example), they may move past a snare before coming to a stop. They may also occupy multiple snares. When this happens, the Immobilization Duration of the first snare they encountered determines how long they remain trapped. All of the snares they occupy will vanish at the same time. Casting Remove Trap on any of the snares will remove all of the snares, but return only 1 Trap. or in WoE and
- This trap can be cast into "nothingness". When casting this skill onto a forbidden (black) area of the map, the skill will fail with a warning message, and no SP or Trap will be used. However, if the skill is cast onto a map square which is occupied by an object (not a monster/player), the SP and Trap will be consumed, but a trap will not be laid and a warning message will not be issued. These map squares can be identified when the green targeting square vanishes. Clock Tower 3, is an example of a map full of (non-obvious) locations that will cause this. Many guild castles also contain map squares with this behavior, only the targeting square might not disappear.
General Trap information
- Trap Duration (but not Immobilization Duration) lasts 4 times as long in WoE.
- Traps occupy 1 cell.
- Traps can only be placed up to 2 cells next to another Trap.
- Traps can be activated by and will affect both allies and enemies in PVP and WoE.
- Traps will not activate if the caster is under the effect of Manhole.
- Traps can be removed by Ganbantein, Earth Drive and Crazy Vines.
|Hunter · Sniper · Ranger|
| 2nd Class
|Ankle Snare · Beast Bane · Beast Charge · Blast Mine · Blitz Beat · Claymore Trap · Detect · Falconry Mastery · Flasher · Freezing Trap · Land Mine · Phantasmic Arrow · Remove Trap · Sandman · Shockwave Trap · Skid Trap · Spring Trap · Steel Crow · Talkie Box|
|Falcon Eyes · Falcon Assault · Focused Arrow Strike · Wind Walker|
| 3rd Class
|Aimed Bolt · Arrow Storm · Bomb Cluster · Camouflage · Cobalt Trap · Detonator · Electric Shock · Fear Breeze · Fire Trap · Ice Trap · Keen Nose · Magenta Trap · Main Ranger · Maze Trap · Tooth of Warg · Trap Research · Verdure Trap · Warg Bite · Warg Dash · Warg Mastery · Warg Rider · Warg Strike|
|Quests||Hunter Job Change Guide · Hunter Skill Quest · Rebirth Walkthrough · Ranger Job Change Guide|