|Job Base(s):|| Hunter|
|Changes At:||Turtle Island|
|Number of Skills:||22|
|Total Skill Points:||100|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Job Change Guide
- 3 Builds
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Class Data
- 6 External Links
A Ranger is the third job class of a Hunter / Sniper. Rangers are given a huge wolf-like mount called a Warg that they can also use to attack their enemies. They also have new and powerful traps at their disposal, from Cluster Bombs, Electric Shockers, to traps that can change an opponent's elemental property when triggered. While a Hunter goes to hunt, a Ranger goes to war.
Job Change Guide
See Ranger Job Change Guide for detailed information.
- A Survival Test
- An Accuracy Test
- Test of your trapping skills
- Detonate bombs with your wolf
After completing these tests, the player will be transformed into a Ranger and receive a free hat that is wearable at lvl 100 as well as a stat boosting ring.
Auto Warg Strike
|Stat||Level 99||Level 125||Level 150||Level 175|
AGI provides ASPD, FLEE, and other bonuses such as bleed immunity. Flee is mostly only useful in one-on-one situations, or if another player is the primary tank for mobs of monsters. This build is more oriented for MVPing rather than leveling and is optimized with ASPD / FLEE / CRIT gear. Warg Strike is the main attack for this build, which relies on LUK for proc rates. VIT is for more survivability, stun immunity / resistance, and better potion rejuvenation. With a proper enchanted and upgraded White Wing Set and other gear, this build is still capable of performing well for AoE / leveling purposes. Camouflage will allow the player to avoid damage from monsters that are not Demon, Insect, or Boss Protocol. But, keep in mind that Camouflage was changed (nerfed) and has to be recast it after any attack.
|Stat||Level 99||Level 125||Level 150||Level 175|
This is the primary build for leveling and / or AoE damage output with Arrow Storm. This build is optimized for both soloing and partying due to its high AoE damage, survivability, lower cast time, and better SP pool and regeneration. Lvl 10 Arrow Storm has an 11x11 AoE but lvl 6 Arrow Storm may be adequate to one-shot monsters at the lower levels, and is also the first level of Arrow Storm that gets an increased 9x9 sized AOE. The player may choose to get other skills like Camouflage first before maxing Arrow Storm. One downside to this build is the lack of ability to quickly autoattack single targets, and may have to resort to using Arrow Storm even for single targets, or alternatively using Warg Bite or Double Strafe. Combined with Camouflage, this is a very effective leveling build and also a great source of AoE DPS for parties.
Hybrid (Autowarg and Arrow Storm) [Leveling/End-Game build]
|Stat||Level 99||Level 125||Level 150||Level 175|
This is a balance between pure autowarg and arrow storm builds. It benefits from having decent SP pool for Arrow Storm (AoE), while having high Flee, ASPD and Warg Strike Proc rate for single-target killing when required as well. The 30 STR may come useful to increase weight limit and to certain extent, ATK.
At the early stage, emphasis is given towards Arrow Storm, as it is the best AoE skill for leveling. Given the right gears (such as full white wing set and hunter/elven bows), a lv 100 ranger's Arrow Storm damage will be sufficiently multiplied to enable 1-hit kill of monsters with a HP range of 10K (Arrow Storm 1) - 21K (Arrow Storm 10). Refining the white wing suit and bow, and applying the right elemental converter will further boost the damage.
Due to the low VIT and INT nature of this build, SP leeching gears are highly recommended to make up for the low SP pool/regeneration rate (please refer to the gear section for more details). Healing items will also have low efficiency, so investing in a healing gear such as Witch Pumpkin Hat + Alarm Mask or Rudolf Hat will be financially cheaper in the long run. These equipments, however, can be expensive to new players. Therefore, partying at the early level is highly advised to improve survivability and continuity.
At the later stage (lv150+), the focus begins to shift from leveling towards effective MVP-ing and soloing instances. Therefore, high ASPD and LUK (for Crit and Warg Strike proc rate) are the main points to focus on. It is generally recommended to increase LUK in multiples of 30, to fully benefit from it. Having high ASPD and Critical Rate will usually enable rangers to hitlock the target, thus preventing the enemy from reaching within melee/casting range to attack back.
Recommended skill progression:
- Aimed Bolt 5 (pre-requisite for Arrow Storm)
- Arrow Storm 6 (for 9x9 Area of Effect)
- Trap Research 1 (to increase Max SP by 220 and INT +1, for SP pool)
- Arrow Storm 10
- Camouflage 5 and No Limits 5 if oriented towards Arrow Storm, or
- Warg Mastery, Tooth of Warg 10, and Warg Strike 5 if oriented towards Warg.
- Easier transition from sniper where AGI and LUK is required for Blitz Beat leveling method.
- Benefits from having decent Flee and Perfect Dodge at early stage to dodge a few monsters.
- Eliminates the necessity of stat reset at the late stage of leveling.
- Easily achieve 120 AGI by lv 150 while having decent SP pool for Arrow Storm.
- A flexible build which is really useful in solo-ing instances such as Old Glast Heim Memorial and Hazy Forest where there are mobs and MVPs to clear.
- Compromised on VIT at the early stage in favour of AGI. Soloing at early stage may not be viable unless proper SP leeching and healing gears are available.
- SP Leeching gears (such as Rideword Hat, Vanagrand Helm, Incubus Pet) are expensive and may not be viable to new players. Pirate Folly, however, is a good low-end SP leeching gear.
|Stat||Level 99||Level 125||Level 150||Level 175|
Trapper is a build of ranger which is completely different with typical ranger build. This build uses dagger and shield to provide more defense. Since most of trap damage relies on status (dex, int and little str), not gears, so trapper can choose many defensive gear without having to worry the trap damage will change significantly. This build also rely on vit and luk as defensive stat, not agi, since trapper mostly mobbing. So max HP, soft def and perfect dodge will help a lot.
Dex – raises trap damage, and lower the chance of being stripped.
Int – raises your trap damage (huge damage increase for hunter trap skills, and adequate damage for ranger trap skills), gives more SP pool and regen, resists bad status such as silence (you can’t trap while you’re silenced).
Vit – Mainly for HP pool that increase survivability since this build will mob a lot, HP regen and healing items efficiency, soft defense and resistance of bad statuses such as Stun, Poison and Blind.
Luk – For extra atk, perfect dodge, auto warg strike chance and resistance of bad status such as curse.
Agi – for flee based defense when fighting monster (remember, agi is not good option for mobbing since flee is reduced if mobs amount is more than 3), resistance of bad status such as bleeding. take note that high agi wont let you spam fire trap faster, it is capped to 2 fire traps per second no matter how high your agi is.
Str – Mainly for weight limit and damage when using knife.
Pros and Cons of Trapper
- Many debuff to inflict bad statuses to enemy
- Ability to change monster's element
- Can get very defensive due to ability to use shield and not dependant on White Wing set
- AOE skills only cover 5x5 area
- Killing somehow slower due to lower damage if compared to arrow storm
- Needs good capital to invest in gears and trap expenses
|Upper||HP/SP leeching gear. It has a higher HP leech proc rate than Vanargand Helm, which makes it suitable for trapper build. At +9, HP/SP absorption amount is doubled.|
|Upper||HP/SP leeching gear. At +9, it has a higher SP leech proc rate than a +9 Rideword Hat.|
|Upper, Mid||General purpose variable cast time reduction gear. Quite useful in reducing Arrow Storm cast time.|
|Upper||for +7% attack, +5% ranged damage, if upgraded to +9.|
|Lower||Autocast various bolts while physically attacking. Good gear to increase DPS. Note however, that autocasts from CD in mouth is not counted towards hitting Emperium in WoE.|
|Autumn Headband ||Upper||Wind Walk SP -20 and increases ranged physical attack by 5%. At +7, increases ATK by 2 for every 5 base INT. At +9, increases Arrow Storm damage additionally by 2% per 10 Base Level. This gear is pending further change from WarpPortal .|
|Upper||STR+2, DEX+2, 10% additional damage on Brute monsters. Chance to transform into Eddga, giving additional (25 * refine level) ATK. An excellent headgear for Auto-Warg ranger to increase arrow damage.|
|Upper||Def+6, Atk+30, 10% additional damage on Brute monsters. If worn with, has a chance to transform into Atroce, giving additional +30ATK. An excellent headgear for Auto-Warg ranger to increase arrow damage.|
|Upper||STR+5, MHP+5%, -10% damage from Fire monsters. Gives +1 ASPD at +9, and additional +1 ASPD for every 2 refine levels after +9. An excellent headgear for Auto-Warg ranger to increase ASPD.|
* Slots are hidden. However, the headgear can be carded as normal.
|Arrow Storm, Auto-Warg||Ranged attacks +50% when used with Warg Strike ATK does not take into calculation any ranged damage bonus).. Best bow to increase arrow damage (mind, that|
|Arrow Storm, Auto-Warg||Ranged attacks +50% when used with. A cheaper version of Elven Bow, and also the best bow to use as a Hunter/Sniper.|
|Arrow Storm, Auto-Warg||Ranged attacks +50% when used with. An inferior bow when compared to Elven and Hunter bows, as it has a lower base ATK and slotless. This is usually the preferred bow for Auto-Storm Shadow Chaser.|
|Arrow Storm, Auto-Warg||At high refine, it is the best bow to increase Arrow Storm damage. Biolab Enchants can be done on the bow as well.|
|Auto-Warg||A good bow for hit-locking an enemy as it autocasts Fiber Lock when attacking. WARNING: Attacking an MVP that is trapped will be registered as a "Rude Attack" and cause the MVP to teleport. Biolab Enchants can be done on the bow as well.|
|Trapper||Enables up to four cards to be slotted into the weapon for a highly flexible playing style.|
|Trapper||Perfect Dodge +20. A good weapon for pull/tanking purposes. Malangdo Enchant can be done on the dagger.|
|Trapper, WoE||A good weapon for WoE, PVP or tanking demi-human monsters.|
† Socket Enchant can be done on the gear to add card slot(s).
Arrow Storm Ranger
White Wing Set:
Must wear the full set for maximum Arrow Storm damage. Some players that are able to one-shot monsters within a map without the set may opt for a Raydric Carded garment for more protection however.
- with x2
When upgraded to a high refine, this bow is the strongest for Arrow Storm and can be very expensive. However, the SP cost of Arrow Storm can be doubled or more when using this, depending on refine rate. Each Archer Skeleton Card will increase ranged damage by 10%.
Other options that do not have increased SP cost:
- Hunter job change. It can also be NPC bought.) + (Unslotted Hunter Bow is given for free at the
Using Elven Bow with Elven Arrows or Hunter Bow with Hunter Arrows adds a 50% ranged damage bonus. These are good options to use, especially if they can one-shot the monsters already. Both arrows can be purchased in Mora (level 100+ to enter, or find a warp there)
Medal of Honor is a powerful accessory that adds 5% more damage, +300 HP, +60 SP, +1% chance of casting blind on ranged attack, and boosts healing items by 5%. This accessory and other KVM / Valor equipment is usually acquired by saving up Eden Merit Badges and converting into Valor badges. It is also an account bound accessory. For more information, please see Battlegrounds.
A Sound Amplifier has a very large boost to a performer skill (Metallic Sound), but can actually be equipped by Rangers as well. The 50% variable cast reduction is very helpful, especially for builds that are not purely Arrow Storm or builds with low INT. Do note that without a , casting skills such as Arrow Storm can be interrupted. If the party has a dedicated tank, and the player is experienced at avoiding monsters, a Phen may not always need to be equipped (hotkeying a Phen accessory is necessary though in case the player does get mobbed with monsters). Another option is to put a Phen Card into the Sound Amplifier accessory of course.
Other Phen Options:
Equipment that increases ASPD, LUK, and sometimes CRIT is very important for this build. FLEE equipment is also helpful in one-on-one situations. One example would be & slotted with & . There is a very large selection of ASPD gear available in the game.
An accessory that is very effective at increasing attack speed and damage, with +10% ASPD and +7% damage. Does not have a slot however.
Another option for ASPD and also has a slot. This item can be obtained for free by completing the Doha's Secret Orders quest. This quest only requires level 90 to begin the prerequisites but it is strongly recommended to reach a higher level (125+) first, or get help from a high level friend, as the monsters in this quest are level 130-135.
- Headgear (Top):
- : These helps with SP recovery and a small amount of HP recovery.
- : This gives +5 perfect dodge and other additional various stats.
- Good helm to help tanking against demi human and boss monsters.
- Headgear (Middle):
- : This gives 5% neutral resist to help tanking.
- : This gives good +3 perfect dodge.
- : Good +2 increase to all stats.
- Headgear (Lower):
- : Good for farming since this the item drop increase procs a lot when mobbing.
- : Good +1 increase to all stats.
- : Good +3% demi human resistance for PVP and WOE purpose.
- Headgear Cards:
- Any status resistance card especially to counter bleeding, stun and silence.
- Healing Items when leveling. Note that these stack additively with the Rideword Hat and Vanargand Helm. + x 4: Four cards add up to a total of 12% chance to restore 60% damage as HP. This eliminates the use of
- : Good +20 perfect dodge for tanking.
- : Good for PVP, WOE or tanking demi human monsters.
- : Pretty good armor that gives total 8 perfect dodge if paired with * .
- : Good defense, but very heavy.
- : Good defense and unbreakable.
- : This gives +2 increase to all stats and +1% boss damage resist every 2 upgrades.
- Armor Cards:
- Any elemental armor card.
- : Best shield with extra 20% resistance to fire, water, holy and dark element.
- : Good shield with good defense.
- : Good shield with good defense and extra 500 HP. Quite heavy.
- : Good shield to resist neutral attacks.
- Shield Cards:
- or or every racial resist card available
- : Good perfect dodge, make sure to upgrade it.
- : Very versatile garment. Make sure you pump stats to 90 and to upgrade to +7 and +9 to get the benefit, and a nice addition of [[Greed}}
- : Nice garment to provide extra SP, element resistance and small SP leeching.
- Garment Cards:
- : 'default' card to for all purpose since it provides 20% neutral resist.
- : More superior than raydric card since it provides 50% neutral resist, but with drawback of extra 50% damage increase from other element.
- : Nice +5 perfect dodge card.
- : Nice shoes with added HP and SP for survivability.
- : Pretty nice 3 dex addition for every 3 upgrades.
- : Nice 300 HP addition ever 3 upgrades and extra 8% HP at 120 vit for survivability.
- Footwear Hidden Slot Enchants:
- : +200 dex fo 5 seconds is a huge increase in trap damage (doubling trap damage if you have 100 dex and int). But 250 SP cost is quite a lot. Make sure to bring SP healing items and SP leech gears.
- : +200 luk for 5 seconds with no drawback is very nice.
- : +1000 DEF boots for 5 seconds is a huge assistance when tanking. Note that even though it reduces weapon atk and matk by 50%, it barely affects trap damage since trap damage mostly coming from int and dex.
- Footwear Cards:
- Any cards that increase max HP to help mobbing.
- : good if paired with for total 8 perfect dodge.
- : perfect accessory granting +1 to all stats and spell breaker skill.
- : nice accessory to reduce fire, water, earth and wind element by 10%.
- Accessory Cards:
- : nice +5 perfect dodge
- : nice card to reduce fire, water, earth and wind element by 10% (and another 10% by chance)
|Increases attack power and resistance against brute, insect, and fish monsters.||10||Passive|
|Deal high damage to an immobile target, releasing the immobilization. Damage depends on size.||10||Offensive|
|Deal up to 1800% damage to all targets in a wide area.||10||Offensive|
|Puts the user in a semi-cloaked status, meanwhile increasing ATK and CRIT, while reducing DEF.||5||Supportive|
|A self-buff to increase ranged attacks by 50-250% for a minute||5||Supportive|
|Gives the user a chance to shoot several arrows rapidly by chance when attacking.||5||Supportive|
|Allows the user to call a warg with his warg flute. Cannot be used with a falcon.||1||Supportive|
|Mounts the user on his warg, increasing movement speed but limiting attacks and skills.||3||Supportive|
|While mounted, makes your warg run fast in a single direction.||1||Supportive|
|Increases damage and effect of warg skills.||10||Passive|
|The warg's "Blitz Beat" ability, including auto-strike.||5||Offensive|
|Deal damage, making the target immobile and unable to use some cloaking skills.||5||Offensive|
|Reveal hidden targets around you, casting Warg Bite by chance.||5||Active|
|Immobilizes a target and drains his SP over time.||5||Active|
|Increases INT, Max SP, as well as trap damage and placement range.||5||Passive|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to fire property.||1||Active|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to water property.||1||Active|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to earth property.||1||Active|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to wind property.||1||Active|
|Place up to three that can be detonated.||5||Active|
|Detonates certain traps, as well as those in the 7x7 area of that trap.||1||Active|
|Deals 5x5 area damage and causes the burning status.||5||Active|
|Deals 5x5 area damage and causes the freezing status.||5||Active|
|Hunter • Sniper • Ranger|
| 2nd Class
|Ankle Snare • Beast Bane • Beast Charge • Blast Mine • Blitz Beat • Claymore Trap • Detect • Falconry Mastery • Flasher • Freezing Trap • Land Mine • Phantasmic Arrow • Remove Trap • Sandman • Shockwave Trap • Skid Trap • Spring Trap • Steel Crow • Talkie Box|
|Falcon Eyes • Falcon Assault • Focused Arrow Strike • Wind Walker|
| 3rd Class
|Aimed Bolt • Arrow Storm • Bomb Cluster • Camouflage • Cobalt Trap • Detonator • Electric Shock • Fear Breeze • Fire Trap • Ice Trap • Keen Nose • Magenta Trap • Main Ranger • Maze Trap • No Limits • Tooth of Warg • Trap Research • Verdure Trap • Warg Bite • Warg Dash • Warg Mastery • Warg Rider • Warg Strike|
|Quests||Hunter Job Change Guide • Hunter Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Ranger Job Change Guide|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice • High Novice • Super Novice|
| First Class /
High First Class
|Swordman • Thief • Archer • Mage • Merchant • Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight • Crusader • Assassin • Rogue • Hunter • Bard • Dancer • Wizard • Sage • Blacksmith • Alchemist • Priest • Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight • Paladin • Assassin Cross • Stalker • Sniper • Minstrel • Gypsy • High Wizard • Scholar • Mastersmith • Biochemist • High Priest • Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight • Royal Guard • Guillotine Cross • Shadow Chaser • Ranger • Maestro • Wanderer • Warlock • Sorcerer • Mechanic • Geneticist • Arch Bishop • Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid • Ninja • Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master • Soul Linker • Kagerou • Oboro|