|Job Base(s):|| Hunter|
|Changes At:||Turtle Island|
|Number of Skills:||22|
|Total Skill Points:||100|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
A Ranger is the third job class of a Hunter / Sniper. Rangers are given a huge wolf-like mount called a Warg that they can also use to attack their enemies. They also have new and powerful traps at their disposal, from Cluster Bombs, Electric Shockers, to traps that can change an opponent's elemental property when triggered. While a Hunter goes to hunt, a Ranger goes to war.
Job Change Guide
See Ranger Job Change Guide for detailed information.
- A Survival Test
- An Accuracy Test
- Test of your trapping skills
- Detonate bombs with your wolf
After completing these tests, the player will be transformed into a Ranger and receive a free hat that is wearable at lvl 100 as well as a stat boosting ring.
Auto Warg Strike
- STR + 1
- AGI + 90-120 (max ASPD can potentially be reached with only 90 AGI and proper buffs/gear)
- VIT + 60-80
- INT + 1-40 (only for SP pool or for cast time)
- DEX + 90-110
- LUK + 90-108
AGI provides ASPD, FLEE, and other bonuses such as bleed immunity. Flee is mostly only useful in one-on-one situations, or if another player is the primary tank for mobs of monsters. This build is more oriented for MVPing rather than leveling and is optimized with ASPD / FLEE / CRIT gear. Warg Strike is the main attack for this build, which relies on LUK for proc rates. VIT is for more survivability, stun immunity / resistance, and better potion rejuvenation. With a proper enchanted and upgraded White Wing Set and other gear, this build is still capable of performing well for AoE / leveling purposes. Camouflage will allow the player to avoid damage from monsters that are not Demon, Insect, or Boss Protocol. But, keep in mind that Camouflage was changed (nerfed) and has to be recast it after any attack.
- STR + 1
- AGI + 1+ (provides FLEE and some status resistance / immunity)
- VIT + 80-100
- INT + 80-100 (for cast time, SP pool)
- DEX + 100-120
- LUK + 42-77 (gives small bonuses like ATK, Perfect Dodge, and some players may opt for 77 LUK to use with Arc Angeling Card)
This is the primary build for leveling and / or AoE damage output with Arrow Storm. This build is optimized for both soloing and partying due to its high AoE damage, survivability, lower cast time, and better SP pool and regeneration. Lvl 10 Arrow Storm has an 11x11 AoE but lvl 6 Arrow Storm may be adequate to one-shot monsters at the lower levels, and is also the first level of Arrow Storm that gets an increased 9x9 sized AOE. The player may choose to get other skills like Camouflage first before maxing Arrow Storm. One downside to this build is the lack of ability to quickly autoattack single targets, and may have to resort to using Arrow Storm even for single targets, or alternatively using Warg Bite or Double Strafe. Combined with Camouflage, this is a very effective leveling build and also a great source of AoE DPS for parties.
Dex – raises trap damage, and lower the chance of being stripped.
Int – raises your trap damage (huge damage increase for hunter trap skills, and adequate damage for ranger trap skills), gives more SP pool and regen, resists bad status such as silence (you can’t trap while you’re silenced).
Vit – Mainly for HP pool that increase survivability since this build will mob a lot, HP regen and healing items efficiency, soft defense and resistance of bad statuses such as Stun, Poison and Blind.
Luk – For extra atk, perfect dodge, auto warg strike chance and resistance of bad status such as curse.
Agi – for flee based defense when fighting monster (remember, agi is not good option for mobbing since flee is reduced if mobs amount is more than 3), resistance of bad status such as bleeding. take note that high agi wont let you spam fire trap faster, it is capped to 2 fire traps per second no matter how high your agi is.
Str – Mainly for weight limit and damage when using knife.
Pros and Cons of Trapper
- Many debuff to inflict bad statuses to enemy
- Ability to change monster's element
- Can get very defensive due to ability to use shield and not dependant on White Wing set
- AOE skills only cover 5x5 area
- Killing somehow slower due to lower damage if compared to arrow storm
- Needs good capital to invest in gears and trap expenses
Arrow Storm Ranger
White Wing Set:
Must wear the full set for maximum Arrow Storm damage. Some players that are able to one-shot monsters within a map without the set may opt for a Raydric Carded garment for more protection however.
- + (for Arrow Storm cast time reduction)
- (for +7% attack, +5% ranged damage, if upgraded to +9)
- with x2
When upgraded to a high refine, this bow is the strongest for Arrow Storm and can be very expensive. However, the SP cost of Arrow Storm can be doubled or more when using this, depending on refine rate. Each Archer Skeleton Card will increase ranged damage by 10%.
Other options that do not have increased SP cost:
- Hunter job change. It can also be NPC bought.) + (Unslotted Hunter Bow is given for free at the
Using Elven Bow with Elven Arrows or Hunter Bow with Hunter Arrows adds a 50% ranged damage bonus. These are good options to use, especially if they can one-shot the monsters already. Both arrows can be purchased in Mora (level 100+ to enter, or find a warp there)
Medal of Honor is a powerful accessory that adds 5% more damage, +300 HP, +60 SP, +1% chance of casting blind on ranged attack, and boosts healing items by 5%. This accessory and other KVM / Valor equipment is usually acquired by saving up Eden Merit Badges and converting into Valor badges. It is also an account bound accessory. For more information, please see Battlegrounds.
A Sound Amplifier has a very large boost to a performer skill (Metallic Sound), but can actually be equipped by Rangers as well. The 50% variable cast reduction is very helpful, especially for builds that are not purely Arrow Storm or builds with low INT. Do note that without a , casting skills such as Arrow Storm can be interrupted. If the party has a dedicated tank, and the player is experienced at avoiding monsters, a Phen may not always need to be equipped (hotkeying a Phen accessory is necessary though in case the player does get mobbed with monsters). Another option is to put a Phen Card into the Sound Amplifier accessory of course.
Other Phen Options:
Equipment that increases ASPD, LUK, and sometimes CRIT is very important for this build. FLEE equipment is also helpful in one-on-one situations. One example would be & slotted with & . There is a very large selection of ASPD gear available in the game.
An accessory that is very effective at increasing attack speed and damage, with +10% ASPD and +7% damage. Does not have a slot however.
Another option for ASPD and also has a slot. This item can be obtained for free by completing the Doha's Secret Orders quest. This quest only requires level 90 to begin the prerequisites but it is strongly recommended to reach a higher level (125+) first, or get help from a high level friend, as the monsters in this quest are level 130-135.
- Headgear (Top):
- : These helps with SP recovery and a small amount of HP recovery.
- : This gives +5 perfect dodge and other additional various stats.
- Good helm to help tanking against demi human and boss monsters.
- Headgear (Middle):
- : This gives 5% neutral resist to help tanking.
- : This gives good +3 perfect dodge.
- : Good +2 increase to all stats.
- Headgear (Lower):
- : Good for farming since this the item drop increase procs a lot when mobbing.
- : Good +1 increase to all stats.
- : Good +3% demi human resistance for PVP and WOE purpose.
- Headgear Cards:
- Any status resistance card especially to counter bleeding, stun and silence.
- Healing Items when leveling. Note that these stack additively with the Rideword Hat and Vanargand Helm. + x 4: Four cards add up to a total of 12% chance to restore 60% damage as HP. This eliminates the use of
- : Good +20 perfect dodge for tanking.
- : Good for PVP, WOE or tanking demi human monsters.
- : Pretty good armor that gives total 8 perfect dodge if paired with * .
- : Good defense, but very heavy.
- : Good defense and unbreakable.
- : This gives +2 increase to all stats and +1% boss damage resist every 2 upgrades.
- Armor Cards:
- Any elemental armor card.
- : Best shield with extra 20% resistance to fire, water, holy and dark element.
- : Good shield with good defense.
- : Good shield with good defense and extra 500 HP. Quite heavy.
- : Good shield to resist neutral attacks.
- Shield Cards:
- or or every racial resist card available
- : Good perfect dodge, make sure to upgrade it.
- : Very versatile garment. Make sure you pump stats to 90 and to upgrade to +7 and +9 to get the benefit, and a nice addition of [[Greed}}
- : Nice garment to provide extra SP, element resistance and small SP leeching.
- Garment Cards:
- : 'default' card to for all purpose since it provides 20% neutral resist.
- : More superior than raydric card since it provides 50% neutral resist, but with drawback of extra 50% damage increase from other element.
- : Nice +5 perfect dodge card.
- : Nice shoes with added HP and SP for survivability.
- : Pretty nice 3 dex addition for every 3 upgrades.
- : Nice 300 HP addition ever 3 upgrades and extra 8% HP at 120 vit for survivability.
- Footwear Hidden Slot Enchants:
- : +200 dex fo 5 seconds is a huge increase in trap damage (doubling trap damage if you have 100 dex and int). But 250 SP cost is quite a lot. Make sure to bring SP healing items and SP leech gears.
- : +200 luk for 5 seconds with no drawback is very nice.
- : +1000 DEF boots for 5 seconds is a huge assistance when tanking. Note that even though it reduces weapon atk and matk by 50%, it barely affects trap damage since trap damage mostly coming from int and dex.
- Footwear Cards:
- Any cards that increase max HP to help mobbing.
- : good if paired with for total 8 perfect dodge.
- : perfect accessory granting +1 to all stats and spell breaker skill.
- : nice accessory to reduce fire, water, earth and wind element by 10%.
- Accessory Cards:
- : nice +5 perfect dodge
- : nice card to reduce fire, water, earth and wind element by 10% (and another 10% by chance)
|Increases attack power and resistance against brute, insect, and fish monsters.||10||Passive|
|Deal high damage to an immobile target, releasing the immobilization. Damage depends on size.||10||Offensive|
|Deal up to 1800% damage to all targets in a wide area.||10||Offensive|
|Puts the user in a semi-cloaked status, meanwhile increasing ATK and CRIT, while reducing DEF.||5||Supportive|
|Gives the user a chance to shoot several arrows rapidly by chance when attacking.||5||Supportive|
|Allows the user to call a warg with his warg flute. Cannot be used with a falcon.||1||Supportive|
|Mounts the user on his warg, increasing movement speed but limiting attacks and skills.||3||Supportive|
|While mounted, makes your warg run fast in a single direction.||1||Supportive|
|Increases damage and effect of warg skills.||10||Passive|
|The warg's "Blitz Beat" ability, including auto-strike.||5||Offensive|
|Deal damage, making the target immobile and unable to use some cloaking skills.||5||Offensive|
|Reveal hidden targets around you, casting Warg Bite by chance.||5||Active|
|Immobilizes a target and drains his SP over time.||5||Active|
|Increases INT, Max SP, as well as trap damage and placement range.||5||Passive|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to fire property.||1||Active|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to water property.||1||Active|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to earth property.||1||Active|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to wind property.||1||Active|
|Place up to three that can be detonated.||5||Active|
|Detonates certain traps, as well as those in the 7x7 area of that trap.||1||Active|
|Deals 5x5 area damage and causes the burning status.||5||Active|
|Deals 5x5 area damage and causes the freezing status.||5||Active|
|Hunter • Sniper • Ranger|
| 2nd Class
|Ankle Snare • Beast Bane • Beast Charge • Blast Mine • Blitz Beat • Claymore Trap • Detect • Falconry Mastery • Flasher • Freezing Trap • Land Mine • Phantasmic Arrow • Remove Trap • Sandman • Shockwave Trap • Skid Trap • Spring Trap • Steel Crow • Talkie Box|
|Falcon Eyes • Falcon Assault • Focused Arrow Strike • Wind Walker|
| 3rd Class
|Aimed Bolt • Arrow Storm • Bomb Cluster • Camouflage • Cobalt Trap • Detonator • Electric Shock • Fear Breeze • Fire Trap • Ice Trap • Keen Nose • Magenta Trap • Main Ranger • Maze Trap • Tooth of Warg • Trap Research • Verdure Trap • Warg Bite • Warg Dash • Warg Mastery • Warg Rider • Warg Strike|
|Quests||Hunter Job Change Guide • Hunter Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Ranger Job Change Guide|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice • High Novice • Super Novice|
| First Class /
High First Class
|Swordman • Thief • Archer • Mage • Merchant • Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight • Crusader • Assassin • Rogue • Hunter • Bard • Dancer • Wizard • Sage • Blacksmith • Alchemist • Priest • Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight • Paladin • Assassin Cross • Stalker • Sniper • Minstrel • Gypsy • High Wizard • Scholar • Mastersmith • Biochemist • High Priest • Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight • Royal Guard • Guillotine Cross • Shadow Chaser • Ranger • Maestro • Wanderer • Warlock • Sorcerer • Mechanic • Geneticist • Arch Bishop • Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid • Ninja • Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master • Soul Linker • Kagerou • Oboro|