|Job Type:||2-1 Transcendent|
|Number of Skills:||5|
|Total Skill Points:||69|
|Total Quest Skills:||2|
An elite group of Assassins. The Assassin Cross utilizes stealth and confusion in order to land the perfect killing blow. The Assassin Cross has a huge repertoire of lethal arts including ultimate mastery of poison-use, better than the original Assassin. With these new skills, the Assassin Cross now has a wide choice of brutal methods to overcome opponents. All without ever leaving the shadows...
Job Change GuideJuno. The book will lead you to Valhalla so you can change your job through the Assassin Cross job NPC. Also you must reach at least job level 40 as a transcendent 1st class character.
As a note of clarification, most Assassin stat builds are very similar to one another. For example, the terms 'equip critical', and 'DD' describe equipment preferences, but the actual stats of these two builds are similar.
STR/AGI Sonic Blow Build
This build aims to achieve the highest Sonic Blow and Grimtooth damage output and not miss on any character as much as possible since this solely depends on hit-dependent skills for kills. The player can either get INT, to help kill using Soul Destroyer and Meteor Assault while leveling or PvPing, or AGI, to boost ASPD while leveling melee and have the option of spamming Grimtooth. Sonic Blow is a very deadly skill when combined with Enchant Deadly Poison and a Soul Link buff, though not as effective as it was pre-renewal. Meteor Assault, while not the most reliable form of mob control, is also useful for detecting Stalkers in Stealth mode. High DEX is necessary to counteract the new HIT changes in renewal.
This build deals the highest ranged damage at the cheapest cost - SP although has a 2.8 second cast-delay (can be reduced by Magic Strings). INT does not need to be 99 because there is no bonus damage for multiples of INT in Soul Destroyer's case, INT value will only mean as SP regen bonus at multiples of 6 to you in this particular build. Getting more STR than 99 INT is better since it will increase both damages for Soul Destroyer and Sonic Blow. And getting HIT (Using 3/more Mummy in the Second hand) is Important as the Physical damage is can be missed due to opponent's high Flee. It is possible to make an AGI and LUK variant of this build, as LUK raises magic attack as well as critical hit rate, allowing both the use of a strong Soul Destroyer backed with decent melee critical attacks.
VIT will depend on what the purpose is of the Assassin Cross. Primarily PvM and MvP Assassin Crosses can devote more stat points to STR/AGI and do not require as much VIT. Primarily PvP and WoE Assassin Crosses need more VIT to survive effectively.
Unless the Assassin Cross is some sort of hybrid (which is not advisable as a CritSinx), there is very rarely room for getting int at all. Some players may get 6 INT total for the regeneration bonus.
STR is not necessary in huge amounts due to the new damage formula in Renewal, in which most of the damage output is reliant on weapon power over STR investment. DEX is necessary for the use of Grimtooth, which is very handy for leveling on Magmarings and other low-evasion mobs at later levels. Due to high LUK this build can also enjoy using Soul Destroyer in place of Sonic Blow, even without any INT as LUK now contributes to magic attack.
As Critical hits no longer bypass enemy defense, the main purpose of this build is to deal consistant damage that negates evasion, making leveling easy but monotonous at later levels.
STR/VIT-oriented Sonic Blow Build
The STR/VIT-oriented build aims for perfection in WoE and PvP situations. High STR and medium DEX maximizes Sonic Blow damage, fulfilling the Assassin Cross's roles in WoE as a powerful hit-and-run unit. High VIT increases the Assassin Cross's rate of survival due to their class's naturally high HP modification, making it possible to achieve maximum HPs of 18k and above, in addition to improved status resistance due to VIT. Because of WoE mechanics, AGI and flee are less valued in this build, allowing the Assassin Cross to maximize the two most important characteristics in WoE: damage output and survivability.
Due to the extremist nature of STR/VIT-oriented builds, much criticism has been received from the RO community.
- AGI and ASPD: One argument points at the cons of having little to no AGI. Since the Assassin Cross has no AGI, they cannot flee certain attacks in WoE, such as another Assassin's Sonic Blow. They also would have low ASPD compared to Assassin Crosses with high AGI, lowering their effectiveness in WoE because they would take longer to break Emperiums.
- In order to get high amounts of AGI, however, one must lower STR or VIT (generally VIT). In this case, lowering VIT would be detrimental to the Assassin Cross's survival in WoE. The pros of having high enough AGI to flee certain attacks in WoE do not outweigh the cons of having lowered STR, VIT, maximum HP, and status resistance. On the other hand, having reduced AGI does not interfere with the Assassin Cross's ability to one-shot many classes in WoE due to the nature of Sonic Blow, an attack that is wholly independent from AGI. Therefore, high AGI is not essential for an Assassin Cross to fulfill their roles in WoE.
- The same point can be used to argue against having low ASPD. It has been argued that low ASPD would lead to longer Emperium breaking times. However, it should be noted that in order to break Emperiums at all, the Assassin Cross must be alive. It is much easier for opponents to kill an Assassin Cross with high AGI and lower VIT off of an Emperium due to their lower maximum HP, fragility, and susceptibility to be one-shot killed by more attacks. Stun is also a major counter argument. An Assassin Cross who stuns numerously in WoE cannot perform nearly as well as an Assassin Cross who has stun immunity. (However, as Emperiums are now plant-type and take 1 damage per hit regardless of attack power, this argument may need some revision.)
- INT: Another argument regards the absence of INT in STR/VIT-oriented builds. According to the argument, an important Assassin Cross skill, Soul Destroyer, is rendered unusable because the build has no INT. Since Soul Destroyer is a useful skill for training, MVPing, as well as versus other opponents, having no INT is a serious flaw of the STR/VIT-oriented build.
- The main counter argument is that Soul Destroyer is still usable, even with no INT. The damage output of Soul Destroyer is still effective because the STR/VIT-oriented build consists of extremely high STR, an important stat in the Soul Destroyer formula. With the right equipment, STR/VIT-oriented builds can still utilize Soul Destroyer for training and MVPing, as well as an effective long range attack for supplementary damage versus opponents. Again, the pros of having high INT for increased Soul Destroyer damage do not outweigh the cons of lowering STR and VIT in WoE scenarios.
A easy way to greatly enhance dps on a katar is to use Double Attack at a 50% chance.or using a . This will make your katar
Some weapons that couldn't be used as Assassin and can be used by Assassin Cross are:
One of the main differences of this weapons comparing to the Assassin weapons are the daggers. The strongest 3 slotted dagger is Scalpel instead of Gladius, and the strongest 4 slotted dagger is Sandstorm instead of Main Gauche.
- : Highest defense slotted armor, +2 STR, +1 DEX, Set item
- : +1 STR, +3 MDEF, Ignore 10% of the DEF from Demi-human & Brute type monsters.
- : Better version of Chain Mail
Sin / Thief Gear
- Thief class and rare. Think carefully before compounding a pair of these with a useful card. (+6 DEF, +1 AGI, 10 weight) : Extremely light, but limited to the
- DEF than Thief Clothes and are quite common. (+8 DEF, 330 weight). Since assassins usually get high STR, thus having large weight limit, this is the most common choice of armor. : Very heavy but gives more
- Mantles/Formal Suits/Cotton Shirts/Coats : Useful for different elemental armor, so they are all on different hotkeys. Mink Coats can also be used but they are very heavy.
- Panties or Panties : Cheap and can do a good combo with Undershirt.
For more information about Assassin skills, click here.
|Increases Katar damage by 12~20%.||5||Passive|
|Attempt to createat approximately 20% + (0.4% DEX) + (0.2% LUK) chance. Requires 1 of each: Berserk Potion, Venom Canine, Cactus Needle, Bee Sting, Poison Spore, Empty Bottle, Karvonidailrol||1||Active|
|For 40~60 seconds, multiply Weapon ATK by 5 and Equipment ATK by 4. Has a chance of causing severe Poison status on each attack. Consumes one .||5||Supportive|
|Hides the assassin cross while creating decoys of the player. Not Implemented.||10||Active|
|Attack all enemies within 2 cells in any direction around the caster for ATK * 0.8~4.4 with 10~55% chance of inflicting Stun, Blind or Bleeding status. Cast is interruptable. Not affected by Enchant Deadly Poison.||10||Offensive|
|Ranged Attack that deals (ATK + MATK) * 3.5~8 damage. Half damage multiplier when used with Enchant Deadly Poison.||10||Offensive|
|Assassin · Assassin Cross · Guillotine Cross|
| 2nd Class
|Cloaking · Enchant Poison · Grimtooth · Katar Mastery · Lefthand Mastery · Righthand Mastery · Poison React · Sonic Acceleration · Sonic Blow · Venom Dust · Venom Knife · Venom Splasher|
| Advanced Katar Mastery · Create Deadly Poison · Enchant Deadly Poison · |
| 3rd Class
|Antidote · Cloaking Exceed · Counter Slash · Cross Impact · Cross Ripper Slasher · Dark Illusion · Hallucination Walk · New Poison Research · New Poison Creation · Phantom Menace · Poisonous Smoke · Poisonous Weapon · Rolling Cutter · Venom Impression · Venom Pressure · Weapon Blocking · Weapon Crush|
|Quests||Assassin Job Change Guide · Assassin Skill Quest · Rebirth Walkthrough · Guillotine Cross Job Change Guide|
|Weapons||Dagger · Katar · One Handed Sword|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice · High Novice · Super Novice|
| First Class /
High First Class
|Swordsman · Thief · Archer · Magician · Merchant · Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight · Crusader · Assassin · Rogue · Hunter · Bard · Dancer · Wizard · Sage · Blacksmith · Alchemist · Priest · Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight · Paladin · Assassin Cross · Stalker · Sniper · Minstrel · Gypsy · High Wizard · Scholar · Mastersmith · Biochemist · High Priest · Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight · Royal Guard · Guillotine Cross · Shadow Chaser · Ranger · Maestro · Wanderer · Warlock · Sorcerer · Mechanic · Geneticist · Arch Bishop · Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid · Ninja · Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master · Soul Linker · Kagerou · Oboro|