|Job Type:||2-2 Transcendent|
|Number of Skills:||8|
|Total Skill Points:||24|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
Quenching their lifelong thirst for learning, Scholars have accumulated a greater body of knowledge than ever before! They have new, creative uses for their mystical skills to support allies and frustrate enemies. Although Scholars do not boast the sheer power of their counterpart, the High Wizard, their inventive applications of magic are their keys to victory.
Scholars are the transcendent version of Sages. Through rebirth, Scholars gain class-defining SP manipulative skills such as Soul Exhale, Indulge, and Soul Siphon. The two former skills enable Scholars to act as endless sources of SP, which makes them a favorable class for party play. The third SP-manipulating skill, Soul Siphon, allows Scholars to offensively eliminate all of their opponent's SP, making Scholars a formidable class for PvP and WoE.
Job Change GuideJuno. The book will lead you to Valhalla so you can change your job through the Scholar job NPC. Also you must reach at least job level 40 as a transcendent 1st class character.
The Basic Leveling Build
- STR: 1
- AGI: 1
- VIT: 70-90
- INT: 90-99
- DEX: 70-90
- LUK: 1
Now armed with Foresight and Double Bolt, the scholar has become a much stronger version of its formerself with the ability to 1 shot most monsters pre level 90. Utilizing Firebolt and Lightning bolt will be the most efficient means of leveling as well as the use of Heavens Drive and Fireball for AoE. Scholars will also now have the option of better party support with spells such as Indulge for keeping a constant supply of SP available, and Soul Exhale for supplying party members with SP. Most scholars will find that their services are in high demand for the Soul Exhale ability (especially by priests), and have even earned the nickname as 'SP Batteries' for their ability to recharge other players. This build is very easy to level, and will transition into Sorcerer quite nicely.
Players wishing to become Pure Support Sorcerers may wish to get heavier Vit for survivability as well as heavy Dex for faster cast time on buffs, and put less points into INT
Crit Build Without Soul Linker (for 99 and beyond)
- STR: 30-60
- AGI: 94
- VIT: 20-50
- INT: 80-90
- DEX: 1-30 (ONLY if not hitting perfect crit rate, which can easily be fixed with proper gear)
- LUK: 1-30+ (if using dagger of counter, little to no LUK will be needed other then for mATK and Atk dmg boost)
This build is VERY gear dependent Crit build is the essential non-soul linked build because it offers decent damage melee hits in between bolts, and requires little to no DEX to land hits, which means freed up STAT points to put into other things such as VIT or more STR. Additionally, LUK not only adds CRIT, but it now adds mATK, which makes this the ideal build for Hindsight. This build WILL require CRIT gear due to the lack of dex as well as FLEE gear for survivability. Dagger of Counter is the optimal weapon to use here to get CRIT rate up, but for players unable to get Dagger of Counter, Skeleton Soldier cards in an Encyclopedia and a pair of Kobold Carded Bradium brooches (or any accessory) will work fine. This build is still viable as a Sorcerer due to the Wind Summon's buffs, but additional flee gear will be mandatory for survivability. Auto-cast gear is also greatly beneficial with this build, as it will add much needed dps boosts in between bolt casts.
Skill build: Skill Simulator
This is similar to the Hindsight Sage build. However, a Scholar is able to further enhance the efficiency of Hindsight by using the skill Double Bolt, which vastly improves damage compared to a Sage and frees the Scholar from the dependency of a Soul Linker.
It is not recommended to play this build without maximum FLEE rate gear due to the poor flee rate and low hp of mage class. A Whisper card and an Alicel card will almost be mandatory for survival if no soul linker is available to Kaahi the Scholar. With auto-cast and CRIT gear, players can make a non-soul linked version of this build work, however it is very pricey to do. The nonsoul linked version requires points into LUK and STR to makeup for the poor bolt damage to ensure that players hit their target. Relying solely on bolt casts will lead to many deaths.
With Soul Linker
- STR: 1
- AGI: 94
- VIT: 34
- INT: 99
- DEX: 9 (base stat)
- LUK: 1
This build is fairly pointless, as Soul Linkers will be unavailable after job change and then players will be left with inappropriate stats (unless planning on dragging soul linker with them into high level areas). GREAT for leveling to 99 though, but will most likely require a stat reset later on.
Although INT based or Battle builds can opt to solo, Scholars are much preferred for party play thanks to Indulge and Soul Exhale. It allows them to team up with classes that require lots of SP to do the killing, mostly Snipers, Monks/Champions, and Lord Knights.
For solo play, keeping Hindsight up as frequently as possible as well as Double Bolt, can allow for quick and easy kills. Having high VIT will allow the player to gather mobs and kill with either Fireball or Heavens Drive.
Hotkeying 1 of each element, or preparing your hotkey bar for the map to be leveled on, will make leveling much easier, as some mobs require a different element to kill
PVP (classic server)
- Fire Bolt Combo: Anything that does not massively stack MDEF or wear Fire elemental armor can be decimated by Stone Curse + double Fiber Lock + Double Bolt Fire Bolt combos. Damage can be further amplified by standing on Volcano and using .
- Distraction: Utilizing Soul Siphon can render any foe semi-useless, but do note that this type of disablement is temporary. SP recovery items like Blue Potions and Strawberries may be used to quickly replenish a character's siphoned SP. However, those few, crucial seconds of attention spent on recovering SP may be enough for a Scholar to achieve victory in a PvP or WoE situation. Soul Siphon should be regarded as a supplementary distraction to set up for other tactics. It should not be relied upon as a complete, single disabling skill.
- Bolt-switching: Although Scholars can achieve high amounts of damage with Fire Bolts in conjunction with Fiber Lock, Volcano, and/or Stone Curse, they should not be limited to just one type of bolt. Constantly using Fire Bolt may make the Scholar predictable in PvP, and opponents may choose to counter with a Fire elemental armor. The Scholar can meta-counter this tactic by using a variety of different bolts during combat. If the opponent switches elemental armors in an attempt to counter all of the Scholar's bolts, the Scholar may choose to use mind-game strategies. One strategy to counter armor-switching is to begin casting a maxed level bolt, cast-canceling the skill, then following up with a different bolt (preferably a low-level bolt for quick casting speed). Using with Cold Bolt can effectively counter an opponent who switches to a Fire elemental armor.
- Detection: When facing an opponent using the Hiding or Cloaking skill, it may be advantageous for the Scholar to use level 1 Heaven's Drive instead of Sight. Using Heaven's Drive allows the Scholar to reveal the opponent from a distance. The Scholar may follow up with an offensive attack immediately upon revealing the opponent. If the opponent continues to hide, the Scholar may repeatedly use Heaven's Drive to damage the opponent and discourage them from hiding.
- Defense: Standing inside both Safety Wall and Blinding Mist offers the Scholar a considerable amount of protection. Safety Wall completely protects the Scholar from many deadly short-range attacks, such as Guillotine Fist, Sonic Blow (amplified with Sonic Acceleration, Enchant Deadly Poison, and the Assassin Spirit), High Speed Cart Ram, and many others. Additionally, Blinding Mist offers a 75% chance for all target skills to miss completely, and all normal long-range attacks receive a 75% damage reduction and -50 HIT reduction when the Scholar stands inside Blinding Mist. Standing inside Safety Wall + Blinding Mist is often considered one of the best defensive postures in PvP and WoE scenarios.
These weapons are very effective if refined up to +9 ~ +10
Obs: Orlean's combo for cast, and cards recommended; Thorny Buckler + Bison Horn for agi/Hindsight builds, and cards recommended for more DPS.
For more information about Sage skills, click here.
|Create a 5x3 area with protection against various attacks and inflict the blind status on all characters and monsters inside it.||1||Active|
|Gives the caster a buff that has a 40%~80% chance of a bolt spell triggering twice with a single cast.||5||Supportive|
|Shoot a spider web to immobilize a target for 8 seconds (4 against players).||1||Active|
|Reduces the casting time of the next 5 casts by half.||1||Supportive|
|Consumes 10% of the user's Max HP to restore 10%~50% of that amount as SP.||5||Supportive|
|Increases the target's MATK by 20%~100% while decreasing its Soft MDEF by 12~60.||5||Offensive|
|Exchange caster's remaining SP amount with the SP amount of a target.||1||Active|
|Grants a 40%~70% chance to fully drain the SP amount of a target.||5||Offensive|
The job levels in which a Scholar receives a certain bonus:
Scholars can use Concentration and Awakening Potions.
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice · High Novice · Super Novice|
| First Class /
High First Class
|Swordsman · Thief · Archer · Magician · Merchant · Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight · Crusader · Assassin · Rogue · Hunter · Bard · Dancer · Wizard · Sage · Blacksmith · Alchemist · Priest · Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight · Paladin · Assassin Cross · Stalker · Sniper · Minstrel · Gypsy · High Wizard · Scholar · Mastersmith · Biochemist · High Priest · Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight · Royal Guard · Guillotine Cross · Shadow Chaser · Ranger · Maestro · Wanderer · Warlock · Sorcerer · Mechanic · Geneticist · Arch Bishop · Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid · Ninja · Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master · Soul Linker · Kagerou · Oboro|