|Job Base(s):||TaeKwon Kid|
|Number of Skills:||18|
|Total Skill Points:||75|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Job Change Guide
- 3 Builds
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Class Data
- 6 Resetting your places of the Sun/Moon/Stars
- 7 Solar, Lunar, and Stellar Miracle
- 8 External Links
TaeKwon Master is a class for characters who have chosen TaeKwon Kid as their first profession and wish to continue in the ways of the TaeKwon. One of the most notable benefits that a TaeKwon Master has over a TaeKwon Kid is the ability to wield books to help deal more damage physically. TaeKwon Master is an unusual class in that the majority of their skills are bound to the celestial bodies of the Sun (Solar), Moon (Lunar) and Stars (Stellar), and are very restricted in their use. These skills have three different restrictions in which they can be used, and are as follows:
- Certain skills can only be used on a day of their respective celestial body
- Some skills can only be used on maps that are designated as a place of a celestial body
- Other skills can only be used against enemies that are aligned as an enemy of a celestial body
The first restriction is unlike the latter two in that a TaeKwon master cannot change what day is representative of a celestial body; these days are already set. The setting for these celestial days is told in the mantra as follows:
The Sun shines brightest on even days. The Moon shines brightest on odd days. And the Stars shine without fail on every 5th day.
The second and third restriction can be set personally for each individual TaeKwon Master via their respective skills: Solar, Lunar and Stellar Perception and Solar, Lunar and Stellar Opposition.
However, there are also skills that are also bound by more than one restriction.
TaeKwon Masters are also known as Star Gladiators in other localizations of Ragnarok Online, which reflects the way how the skills of this class works.
If a TaeKwon Master ever finds the TaeKwon Master skill tree too confusing, a TaeKwon Master can always invest more skill points into the TaeKwon Kid skills, or observe the skills that are not restricted by the celestial bodies.
Job Change Guide
1. Find MooHyun In Payon (215 102). He will tell you to collect the following items:
2. After obtaining the items, proceed to Comodo. There is a path around the mountain in the middle of the map (the base is found at 159, 180) that leads to the top of it.
3. At the top, find the NPC "Man" (comodo 172 231). After giving the items, the player will be warped to "The Sun, the Moon, and The Stars" (job_star 29 32).
4. Speak with Gladiator of the Sun. After some dialog, the player will be moved to the Gladiator of the Moon (job_star 95 33).
5. After speaking to the Gladiator of the Moon, the player will be warped to Payon. Speak to MooHyun and return to Comodo to be warped back. The player will once again be moved, this time to the Gladiator of the Stars (job_star 161 33). She requires the following items:
6. After gathering these items, the Man can return the player to the quest area for free. Hand the items to the Gladiator of the Stars, who will change send the player back to Payon. The Man in comodo will turn the player into a TaeKwon Master.
The STR/VIT build is an all-purpose TKM build that benefits from increased survivability and healing item efficiency while still maintaining high damage output through Union and SLS Heat. High-end activities include Thors, Somatology Labs, MVPing, and anywhere else that may involve the TKM tanking or receiving damage. High maximum HP allows the TKM to tank and kill large mobs of monsters with Heat effortlessly, accompanied by more efficient potion consumption.
The STR/DEX build is a specialized TKM build that maximizes SLS Heat damage. Because of the nature of the build, their attacks tend to yield the highest damage of all TKM builds. Due to the high amount of DEX, the TKM can naturally hit most monsters and is independent from using Union. Though their damage output is exceptionally high, STR/DEX TKMs are more fragile and usually require a separate tank character to be able to perform effectively.
For information on the headgears, footgears, armors, garments, shields and accessories, see TaeKwon Kid's equipment.
All TKM's have the ability to zoom out farther than other classes while sitting down. Simply sit down and zoom out to see. (5x more zooming out)
Level Up Angel
Resetting your places of the Sun/Moon/Stars
TaeKwon Masters can reset maps designated as Places of the Sun/Moon/Stars. The TaeKwon Master must be sitting beside another TaeKwon class (Soul Linker, TaeKwon Kid or another TaeKwon Master) and be regenerating HP (that is, your HP must not be full). It is speculated that being in Happy Mode is also required. Spamming the /doridori emote repeatedly is not necessary, but it is needed to enter Happy Mode. You can tell that you are in Happy Mode because you regenerate an additional +3 SP over the regular Happy Break effects. The chance to reset the maps occurs every 10 seconds (on each Peaceful Break HP tick). In order to ensure that you are continually regenerating HP, you can switch an HP-increasing item on and off, or use something which drains HP, like a rideword hat, combined with low HP regeneration. The chance of the reset occurring is very low, sometimes taking many hours or days to be successful.
Solar, Lunar, and Stellar Miracle
As the Taekwon Master wanders the land and gazes at the sky, a blessing unlike any other may be endowed upon him. Solar, Lunar, and Stellar Miracle will grant the Taekwon Master the ability to use all Solar, Lunar, and Stellar-aligned skills on any map on any day of the week. The moon will eclipse the sun and the stars will shine brightly, making the world around the Taekwon Master go dark (the effect is similar to the darkness caused by a Soul Link). This means offensive and supporting skills are stacked as well. The effect lasts for one hour and disappears if the player logs off or switches maps.