|Number of Skills:||10|
|Total Skill Points:||85|
|Total Quest Skills:||2|
Assassins (and their transcended Assassin Cross) are the only class able to equip a weapon in each hand and the exclusive users of Katar weapons. Assassins have a variety of damage dealing and poisoning skills. The Assassin are the only class who can walk slightly faster than any other class ingame as long as they leveled the proper skill (Thief's Improve Dodge). The Katar wielding Assassins also receive double the normal amount of critical hit rate. Therefore, whatever amount of critical rate Assassins have, it would always be doubled.
Job Change Guide
See Assassin Job Change Guide for detailed information.
Changing into an Assassin from a Thief requires the player to complete a number of tasks:
- A Written Test
- An Assassination Test
- An Endurance Test
- A Maze test
After completing these tests, the player will be transformed into an Assassin. All this takes place inside the Assassin Guild in the Morroc Desert (xx, yy).
As a note of clarification, most Assassin stat builds are very similar to one another. For example, the terms 'equip critical', and 'DD' describe equipment preferences, but the actual stats of these two builds are similar.
The skills which most Assassins will get is very similar, because of the relative weakness of the poison skills, and the small number of available assassin skills:
- Righthand Mastery Lv. 5
- Lefthand Mastery Lv. 5
- Katar Mastery Lv. 10 (for katar builds - though many DD sins max this as well to increase damage from Sonic Blow and Grim Tooth)
- Sonic Blow Lv. 10
- Grimtooth Lv. 5
- Enchant Poison
This leaves 5~15 points to use for poison skills, depending on the level of Enchant Poison and Cloaking.
This build is very similar to that of a Dual Dagger Assassin, the difference being that they use Katars with cards that add to the critical rate of attacks. A small amount of Dex is still necessary for skill usage.
Examples of Useful Cards:
- CRIT +9) : (
- +7 CRIT vs. Race, +10% crit damage cards (commonly referred to as "Racial Crit" cards
- STR +1 and CRIT +4 each) : (
- AGI +1 and CRIT +3 each) : (
Natural Critical Assassins are built almost the same as the Equipment Critical Assassins but with less DEX, more LUK (around 50~60), and sometimes less STR. They're equipped with damage cards (i.e. Hydra, Santa Poring, etc) instead of critical rate enhancement cards for the Equip Critical Assassins.
Double Attack Katar
In the past this is build was very weak, basically you used a Double Attack with elemental katars unless they were slotted. But with the you are able to use Double Attack without a Sidewinder Card, so you can have 3 damage increase cards in a Jur and with the slotted elemental katars, this build becomes a really good damage dealer.with one and two racial or elemental damage increase cards and you couldn't use
This is the fastest build for leveling an Assassin. Note that the stats are similar to those of an Equip Critical build, and a Dual Dagger Assassin could pick up the gear of an Equip Critical build and have comparable performance. The weapons used vary based on what map the player is leveling on.
Common Dagger Setup:
- Triple Size Damage carded or elemental on the right-hand, Quad Race or Element Damage carded on the left-hand.
- The ideal combination for a map with low-defense monsters is a Single Race, Single Element, Single Size carded + Double Race or Element), Single Element or Race, Single Size carded + the correct endow.
- Without size cards, the ideal setup is Double Race or Element, Single Element or Race carded + Double Race, Double Element carded + the correct endow.
- Race or Element Damage / Double Element and Double Race carded on the left-hand (for high DEF monsters). on the right-hand, Quad
For a sorted list check out Card Reference.
Example of Useful Cards:
- Damage by race
- Demi Human) : (+20% damage to
- Damage by size
- Damage by element
- Fire Element) : (+20% Damage to
- Added damage
Many players find that leveling AGI classes can become expensive due to the need for healing on high HIT mobs (and in renewal, many mobs have had their HIT increased drastically). There is a simple solution that wont bankrupt new players starting out with little money to spend with: . This cheap, yet viable option is a great substitute for the ever expensive Potions sold by Tool Vendors (and their weight is only 2 each). They can be bought from the .
- Thief class and rare. Think carefully before compounding a pair of these with a useful card. (DEF 40, AGI +1, weight 10) : Extremely light, but limited to the
- DEF than Thief Clothes and are quite common. Since Assassins usually get high STR, thus having large Weight Limit, this is the most common choice of armor. (DEF 55, weight 330) : Very heavy, but gives more
- , , , etc: Useful for different elemental armor, so they are all on different hotkeys. can also be used, but they are very heavy.
- DEF 22, weight 10) : Cheap, can do a good combo with Undershirt and can be slotted. (
||Primary Dagger-type weapon for leveling on high DEF monsters.|
||Katar-type weapon with many slots. Normally compounded with +CRIT or Race cards. As of Renewal, this is no longer an optimal weapon due to increased importance of weapon attack. (ATK 125)|
||Katar-type weapon with a higher level and attack power than a Jur, but one less slot. (ATK 148, DEX +1)|
||Katar-type weapon that is very effective against Demi Human monsters. (ATK 140, DEF +3, FLEE +5, Perfect Dodge +2, +50% damage to Demi Human)|
||Left-hand Dagger due to the number of slots. Best used with damage cards. (ATK 43)|
||Good for Status cards.|
||A good alternative to the Main Gauche. (ATK 105)|
||Indestructible. Best dagger to be made elemental. (ATK 118)|
||Great PvP weapons obtainable from Battlegrounds.|
||Elemental Katars have good damage in PvM, and can have theirs slotted versions obtained through Socket Enchant.|
Wearing shields while leveling is not necessary, unless it is for mobbing purposes.
- flee increasing cards (Flee +5 tolerance cards / ) until better garments become available (DEF 4, weight 20). : Has the lowest defense value, but is very inexpensive and readily available. Very useful for putting in inexpensive
- DEF 8, weight 40) : Has a higher defense value than a Hood , but is more expensive. (
- DEF, but is even more expensive. (DEF 13, weight 60) : Best choice of garment in terms of availability and
- DEF 13, weight 60, -15% Damage from Neutral element) : Although non-slotted, a decent substitute for . (
- DEF 7, MDEF 2, weight 25, Flee +10, Max HP +200) : good Flee stacking garment, especially if carded. (
- DEF 5, MDEF 1, weight 15) : Cheap, can do a good combo with Pantie and can be slotted. (
- Battlegrounds) (obtained from
A lot of Critical oriented Assassins choose to use the Morrigane's Equipment Set:
Another PVP oriented set is obtainable from Battlegrounds:
See Thief Skills for first class skills.
|Allows the character to disappear instantaneously and still move. Movement Speed is dependant on skill level.||10||Active|
|Imbues the characters weapon with the Poison element causing each attack to be Poison element damage and to have a chance to inflict the Poison status.||10||Active|
|An attack using a katar that hits a 3x3 area from up to 7 cells away while Hidden.||5||Offensive|
|Increases the damage done with Katar weapons by up to 30.||10||Passive|
|Recovers up to 100% of the dual weilding damage penalty for the right hand.||5||Passive|
|Recovers up to 80% of the dual weilding damage penalty for the left hand.||5||Passive|
|Counters a Poison element attack with a one time physical attack for up to 400% damage. Also has a chance to counter non-Poison element attacks with level 5 Envenom up to 5 times.||10||Offensive|
|Deal up to 800% physical damage with a katar weapon with up to a 30% chance to Stun the target. Half damage multiplier and double SP cost when used with Enchant Deadly Poison.||10||Offensive|
|Use ato create a 2x2 Poison cloud for up to 50 seconds.||10||Active|
|Use ato turn the target into a "Poison Bomb" to deal up to 1000% damage after a delay. Not affected by Enchant Deadly Poison.||10||Offensive|
|Skill||Description||Levels||Type|| Job Level
|Sonic Blow deals +10% damage and has +50% chance of landing a hit.||1||Passive||40||Sonic Acceleration Quest|
|Throws a venom knife at a target and inflict the poison status ailment.||1||Offensive||None||Venom Knife Quest|
See Assassin Spirit
|Equip||Attack Speed||From Thief|
Dual Wielding Interface
In the equipment window (ALT+Q) the righthand weapon is in the left column, next to the sprite's right hand, and the lefthand weapon is in the right column, next to the sprite's left hand. If the character has no weapons or shields equipped, then the first single-handed weapon equipped goes into the right hand. If any weapon is in the right hand (including a katar) then the next single-handed weapon equipped goes onto the left hand. This means that if you have a katar equipped, the first single-handed weapon you equip goes onto the left hand (also un-equipping the katar) and the second one goes onto the right hand, while if you start out empty handed the first equipped goes onto the right hand and the second onto the left hand.
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice • High Novice • Super Novice|
| First Class /
High First Class
|Swordman • Thief • Archer • Mage • Merchant • Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight • Crusader • Assassin • Rogue • Hunter • Bard • Dancer • Wizard • Sage • Blacksmith • Alchemist • Priest • Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight • Paladin • Assassin Cross • Stalker • Sniper • Minstrel • Gypsy • High Wizard • Scholar • Mastersmith • Biochemist • High Priest • Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight • Royal Guard • Guillotine Cross • Shadow Chaser • Ranger • Maestro • Wanderer • Warlock • Sorcerer • Mechanic • Geneticist • Arch Bishop • Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid • Ninja • Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master • Soul Linker • Kagerou • Oboro|