|Job Base(s):|| Wizard|
|Number of Skills:||23|
|Total Skill Points:||106|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
Warlocks are the advanced version of the Wizard class. They offer 2 viable roles: The instantcast killer and the crowd control support. Players will find that their roles in parties have drastically changed upon changing into this new class. No longer the primary DPS class most wanted for parties, but rather a fallback support class for controlling mobs and adding extra damage to finish off mobs. Still capable of great damage though, this class offers an interesting array of spells to choose from and offers players several paths in which they can take. The ice tree offers great crowd control with Jack Frost. The Earth tree offers great pvp capabilities with the ability to strip players of their equipment. And the fire tree offers a useful leveling spell as well as the highest dmg attack spell in the warlocks arsenal. Players also have the ability to memorize spells for instant casting at a later time, which can help with those nasty cast times
Job Change Guide
See Warlock Job Change Guide for detailed information.
This test has a very bad reputation for being the hardest of the job change quests. While maybe not the hardest, it can be slightly difficult to an unprepared player. The test is basically broken down into 2 parts:
-farming 2 quest items off very high hp high damaging monsters
-surviving a room full of high hp high dmg monsters.
The first part of this test sends you into the New World just west of Camp Midgard. It is recommended to get a friend or guildmate to help you with this portion, as it can get very overwhelming for an undergeared player. If you must solo it, it is strongly recommended to bring a teleport clip or alot of flywings and heal items.
For the second part, you will be locked in a small room and pitted against monsters with very high hp that do high dmg. This part may seem challenging, but is actually quite easy if you come prepared. Here are some tips for making this test easy:
- stock up healing items and sp regen items past your capacity. you dont even have time to regen so dont even waste your precious cap trying to meet the games stupid 49% mark. Green Ales are a must. If you dont have a healing hat like witchhat/turkeyhat/fishinmouth, then bring slim white potions.
- Increased HP potions. These give you a massive amount of leeway in this quest to be able to tank mobs that are beyond your capability
- Wear gear and cards that add HP. Orleans gown with peco peco card works amazingly for this quest. Variant shoes will help alot as well.
- Water resist potion or gear. Not needed, but helpful.
- Hotkey the cast stones on your bar before you go into the room
- When you are ported into the quest room, you may become disoriented and frantic. Take a breath, gain perspective on your surroundings and immediately cast storm gust. Unleash chain lightning on the mobs and then storm gust again.
- Make sure to keep your health up enough to withstand a monster skill attack or 2. This is why having high hp gear will help tremendously
- The water elementals do the most dmg so KILL THEM FIRST!!!! jupitel thunder the hell out of the ghost looking water elementals. THEY HIT HARD!
- STORM GUST IS YOUR BEST FRIEND! level 1 storm gust will keep the room under your control instead of the room controlling you. Make sure to keep the mobs frozen the entire time, then you wont have to heal as much
- using a combination of Mystical Amplification and Jupitel Thunder on the frozen targets will do the optimal damage for downing them fast if you have used up all of your cast stones
Basic Leveling Build
- STR: 1
- AGI: 1
- VIT: 96 (rounds out to 100 with job bonus)
- INT: 120
- DEX: 84 (rounds out to 90 with job bonus)
- LUK: 82
This build is built for survivability, high damage output, and supporting a party (which becomes the primary role of warlocks later on). This is the recommended leveling build for a beginning player, as it offers amazing survivability, still has high damage, and still has fast cast speed. This build will give the player status immunity as well as the ability to survive high dmg hits while leveling. It is also a good build for doing ET runs since it will be able to take powerful attacks without dying in 1 hit (assuming the player has decent resist gear on)
- Jack Frost
- Crimson Rock
- Chain Lightning
Your primary spell cast will be controlling mobs with Jack Frost and Crimson for damaging them (although dual casting jack frost can also do decent damage). For the big game monsters, spell booking Comet will be optimal, unless a stringer is available for chainlightning spam
This build themed on getting the most out of Comet. There are many variations but Comet and Freezing Spell are to be maxed with at least 1 Level in Recognized Spell - recommended to Max Recognized Spell - few can survive a MAX damage Amplified Comet, even fewer can survive MAX damage Comet Rain. The demand for Pure Damage is key; Damage is never enough for this build. Mostly taken for Guild Support. Fast Casting Comet is useful in clearing the further backstage supports and hard choke points. Outstanding performance for anything when in a team of Warlocks with good Arch Bishop support - None can survive (Amplified) MAX damage Comet STORM... Use of White Imprison and Stasis is in high order for crowd control and survivability. Be Warned! Attempting this build is very difficult without support/funding in the later 100+ levels - especially if the intention is to MAX Radius, Marsh Of Abyss, White Imprison, Stasis and Recognized Spell altogether - some choose to MAX Soul Expansion as well due to extensive White Imprison usage.
Some Game Play Pointers:
- White Imprison can be combo with Gravitational Field for a slow but guaranteed death.
- Marsh Of Abyss can be cast on White Imprison target.
- Soul Expansion and Napalm Vulcan can be cast on White Imprison target for premature "bail out".
- Quagmire's debuff, Marsh Of Abyss's slow and Napalm Vulcan's Curse can reduce one to Stationary Target.
- Ice Wall, Quagmire, Fire Wall and Fire Pillar are good placement spells with White Imprison.
- Use Hiding to conceal, let enemy pass, and cast Stasis on the rear end of enemy supports.
- Stave Crasher can be cast during Stasis disability; equip Status Disability items for Stave Crasher - Great with .
Disclaimer: This build is the typical Glass Cannon.
This build plays on Tetra Vortex, with MAXed Freezing Spell, Frost Misty and Crimson Rock. Does well on PvP and WOE Environment, Great for MVP. Most of the Skills in the branch for Recognized Spell are omitted except for Release (NOTE: Level 1 is as good as Level 2 to Release Spells) and Radius. One may choose to MAX Radius or Freezing Spell; some favor Radius utility in expense of Freezing Spell. Some common skill sets are Jack Frost + Chain Lightning spams, Released Earth Strain and Wind Tetra Vortex on Frozen target/ Fire Tetra Vortex on Petrified target. Released Storm Gust or Jupitel Thunder are good for displacement and distancing. Disclaimer: The lack of White Imprison and Stasis for crowd control requires the Warlock to have a GOOD team support to be feasible in WoE environment; Fast Cast is very important for this build in PvP environment.
Some Game Play Pointers:
- If enemy is using , MAX Crimson Rock usually one-shot.
- If enemy has immunity, cast Earth spells to slow or petrify to buy time to switch element.
- Use Release Level 1 Summoned Element Balls for checking out the target's element type.
- Releasing Summoned Balls of opposite element as against the instant cast spells will result in a "Dual Element" attack.
- the Summoned Elemental Balls do NOT have elemental factor for some servers = need clarification.
<= the Summoned Elemental Balls DO have elemental factor for iRO.
Disclaimer: This build is difficult to play for those who are reliant on White Imprison for crowd control.
MAX Damage Build
This build themed on MAXing Freezing Spell and Recognized Spell - Consistent MAX Damage is key here to allow smooth farming/leveling. There are several builds variation depending on the needs and style. Additional Pointers on skill tree: For PvM, 1 Level in Earth Strain is good enough as the higher levels serve for the PvP Stripping Effect yet raise little in damage(NOTE: Earth Strain has long after-cast delay - Released Spells ignores cast delay, good for multi-casting Earth Strain rapidly; otherwise, Wind monsters can be frozen then follow up with wind spells). Lesser class skills such as Frost Nova, Fire Wall, Quagmire and Storm Gust (for dealing with Undead) are MAX for their utility and support; some also learn Safety Wall in event of lacking good team support. Success of this build requires seasoned vertical Fire Wall/Storm Gust barrier placement, along with awareness of good/bad map spots. Fantastic for PvM. Theme: "1-2-3 NEXT!" Not recommended for PvP and WoE. One popular PvM variation is Ice/Fire Build: Maxing Comet, Crimson Rock, Frost Misty and Jack Frost for their AOE application; Wind and Earth tree are negated as their AOE's reach are lesser comparatively.
Some Spell Combination:
- Frost Nova > Crimson Rock
- Frost Misty > Jack Frost > Chain Lightning
- Jack Frost > Frost Misty > Jack Frost
- Frost Misty + Quagmire > Fire Wall
- Quagmire + Fire Wall > Earth Strain
- Storm Gust or Frost Nova or Jack Frost > Fire Wall + Drain Life
- Amplified Drain Life > Released Drain Life <= Same for any other spells
- Frost Nova shines when encountering multiple enemy engagements quickly; Read Storm Gust Released need "timeout" session.
- Instant casting Storm Gust replaces Frost Nova; there is always the option to Teleport or away.
- STR: 1 (+1)
- AGI: 84 (+5) <- Works well with Quagmire or Marsh Of Abyss
- VIT: 23 (+4) <- May redirect Stats Points from AGI and LUK for PvP.
- INT: 120 (+10)
- DEX: 84 (+6)
- LUK: 89 (+1) <- for additional MATK on top of P.Dodge
This all-rounder Balenced Warlock build aims to having as much as what Warlock has to offer. Usually Maxing Tetra Vortex and at least 1 point in Comet, this build usually avoid Marsh of Abyss and Freezing Spell for at least 1 point in Recognized Spell; with it comes White Imprison and Stasis. To further versatility, take up Stave Crasher. This build allows (1) decent crowd control with White Imprison, (2) mass destruction with amplified AOEs and (3) one shot mirage with Tetra Vortex boosted by Mystical Amplification and Recognized Spell - timing with White Imprison is crucial. The versatility this build offers provides a lot of exploratory imaginative combination of Warlock's repository. This build is good for soloing and getting the most out of Warlock; with good equipment, this build can also do fairly well in PvP using White Imprison and WoE environment with good support to readily cast Tetra Vortex. Disclaimer: Usually, there will be insufficient Skill Points to max Crimson Rock, this will affect some PvM settings but PvP and MVP condition greatly improved with Level 5 Tetra Vortex spams. Be Warn! High item refinement requirement and good item investment is required for this build to shine; the skill tree spreads very thin for this build.
- Double Undine ( )
- + + +
- + +
MAX DAMAGE Tetra Vortex Cast Order
- To maximize Tetra Vortex potential,
|Learning Magic Books by reading them previously and seal them up.||1||Active|
|Increase the amount of spells that can be sealed with the skill Reading Spellbook.||5||Passive|
|Increases the range of Warlock magic skills and decreases their casting time.||3||Passive|
|Strikes a single target with magical damage, and absorb some of that damage as HP.||5||Offensive|
|Strikes a target at long distance with ghost element damage.||5||Offensive|
|Imprisons the target temporarily behind a white magic curtain, preventing them from moving.||5||Active|
|Players in the effective range of the caster, including the caster, cannot cast spells.||5||Active|
|By gaining a greater understanding of your magic, you can make all of your magic skills deal max damage.||5||Active|
|Curse a target with the Marsh of Abyss, slowing their movement. It also decreases the target's Evasion and Physical Defence according to the caster's INT and job level.||5||Active|
|Summons a huge meteorite on the target, striking all targets nearby.||5||Offensive|
|Conjures the fires of hell to burn a target. The skill causes Burning status effect, which continually deals fire element damage over time.||5||Offensive|
|Calls a comet from space to crash down into the ground dealing MATK * (10-30) ~ (18-50) neutral element damage based on distance from blast center within a 15x15 radius. The skill causes Burning status effect.||5||Offensive|
|Covers a 15x15 area in a freezing mist, causing MATK * 3~7 * (blvl / 100) damage and inflicting Freezing status to targets that enter.||5||Offensive|
|Deals MATK * 13~25 * (blvl / 100) water element damage to targets under Freezing status effect.||5||Offensive|
|Deals MATK * 5~17 * (blvl / 100) wind element damage to a single target. When a target is struck by Chain Lightning, it will also chain to enemies near the target.||5||Offensive|
|Causes Petrification status to a single target and all targets nearby.||5||Active|
|Causes the earth near you to shake and shoot up from below, dealing MATK * 21~25 * (blvl / 100) damage to those in range. Has a 6~50% chance of divesting weapon, helm, armor, shield and accessory on hit foes.||5||Offensive|
|Throws your active Fire Ball, Lightning Ball, Water Ball and Stone that you currently have summoned to deal damage to a single target.||2||Offensive|
|Summons a ball of fire near the caster.||5||Offensive|
|Summons a ball of water near the caster.||5||Offensive|
|Summons a ball of lightning near the caster.||5||Offensive|
|Summons a magic stone near the caster.||5||Offensive|
|Deals 4 blows to target foe, each hitting for MATK * 10~30 magic damage. Element of summoned stones determine the element of each hit. Causes one status effect from Burning, Freezing, Stun, and Bleeding status ailments.||5||Offensive|
- Skilltree Simulator by Himeyasha
|Wizard · High Wizard · Warlock|
| 2nd Class
| Earth Spike · |
|Ganbantein · Gravitational Field · Mystical Amplification · Napalm Vulcan · Soul Drain · Stave Crasher|
| 3rd Class
|Chain Lightning · Comet · Crimson Rock · Drain Life · Earth Strain · Freezing Spell · Frost Misty · Hell Inferno · Jack Frost · Marsh Of Abyss · Radius · Reading Spellbook · Recognized Spell · Release · Sienna Execrate · Soul Expansion · Stasis · Summon Fire Ball · Summon Lightening · Summon Stone · Summon Water Ball · Tetra Vortex · White Imprison|
|Quests||Wizard Job Change Guide · Wizard Skill Quest · Rebirth Walkthrough · Warlock Job Change Guide · Ultimate Spellbooks Quest|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice · High Novice · Super Novice|
| First Class /
High First Class
|Swordsman · Thief · Archer · Magician · Merchant · Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight · Crusader · Assassin · Rogue · Hunter · Bard · Dancer · Wizard · Sage · Blacksmith · Alchemist · Priest · Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight · Paladin · Assassin Cross · Stalker · Sniper · Minstrel · Gypsy · High Wizard · Scholar · Mastersmith · Biochemist · High Priest · Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight · Royal Guard · Guillotine Cross · Shadow Chaser · Ranger · Maestro · Wanderer · Warlock · Sorcerer · Mechanic · Geneticist · Arch Bishop · Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid · Ninja · Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master · Soul Linker · Kagerou · Oboro|