Rune Knight Job Change Guide
From iRO Wiki
|Rune Knight Job Change Guide|
|Job Level:||50 (70 strongly recommended, will never recover lost skill points otherwise)|
|Job Class:||Knight or Lord Knight|
|Item(s) (Consumed):|| 1 |
|Item(s):||1, 1 , and 1 Rune Plate  or 1|
|Quest Reward(s):||Job Change to Rune Knight|
- Go to the bar south of the eastern Prontera Inn, and go south from the portal. (206, 156)
- Speak with Splendid looking Knight (/navi prt_in 164/23).
- Choose the option Sure, let's have a drink., then I'm ready to be a Rune Knight..
- Travel to , go to the northwestern part of the map.
- Speak with Rune Knight Jungberg (/navi glast_01 43/361), choose the option I came to be a Rune Knight.
- Travel to level 2 of the .
- Speak to Rune Knight Staff (/navi gl_knt02 144/53), south of the middle of the map. You will be warped to the meeting area of Rune Knights.
- Talk to Rune Knight Captain (81, 60) directly below the point you enter the map.
- Talk to Rune Knight Lunarea (89, 50) to the southeast, say you're ready to take the test.
- Kill the , , , Wraith Deads, Rybio and Phen Dark as they spawn. Every so often, the four tester Rune Knights will appear, and you can talk to one of the four of them for a buff or a negative status (e.g. curse, stun). Survive this, and you will be returned to the Rune Knights.
- Speak with Rune Knight Lunarea (89, 50) again.
- Talk to Rune Knight Captain (81, 60) again.
- Go to the west portion of the room, and talk to Rune Knight Reona.
- Go to each book case, and read the three books Runes and Rune Knights, The Principles of Runes, and The Making and Use of Runes. After you finish reading each book, you will have to click "Stop Reading" in order to proceed the quest.
- Talk to Rune Knight Reona again, she will state that she is going to send you to Sage Serpeone in Ash Vacuum.
- Talk to Rune Knight Reona again, and say I'm prepared. You will be warped next to Sage Serpeone at the expeditionary camp in Ash Vacuum.
- Speak with Sage Serpeone ( 235,250), she will give you a quest to kill 10 , 10 , 10 , and 10 .
- Travel to first field map from , and kill the 40 monsters.
- Return to the camp in Ash Vacuum, and speak with Sage Serpeone again. Choose I've gathered enough energy. If you have killed the 40 monsters, Sage Serpeone will teleport you to the Rune Knight meeting area.
- Go to the west, and speak with Rune Knight Reona
- Click on the furnace to Rune Knight Reona's right, and match the runes with the shape that the furnace tells you. There will be a short delay as you proceed through the furnace chat before you can type in a Rune's name. You must type the rune's name in with the first letter capitalized.
- Ehwaz - Red Spiral.
- Osilia - Violet oblique line.
- Mannaz - Emerald diamond.
- Ansuz - Emerald round.
- Hagalas - Skyblue star.
- Kano - Red diamond.
- Rhydo - Skyblue oblique line.
- Turisus - Yellow round.
- Dagaz - Emerald spiral.
- Sowilo - Skyblue fan.
- Laguz - Yellow diamond.
- Isia - Violet spiral line.(Isia in the book says 'violet spiral', but it is 'violent slant' with the furnace.)
- Pertz - Silver spiral.
- Verkana - Gold star.
- Gebo - Yellow cone.
- Algiz - Emerald oblique line.
- Arwez - Gray diamond.
- Teiwaz - Gold round.
- Wunjo - Emerald star.
- Jera - Yellow round shape.
- Nosiege - Yellow fan-shape.
- Ingz - Violet diamond.
- Fehu - Silver round.
- Urj - Violet spiral.
- Speak with Rune Knight Reona after you have created 20 runes.
- Go east, speak with Rune Knight Captain again.
- Go to eastern part of the room, speak with Rune Knight Velpino
- Go to the middle of the room, unequip all of your items other than your choice of weapon, or weapon and shield, and place them in storage. You cannot be over 400 weight.
- Go east and speak with Rune Knight Velpino, and choose Enter the Final Test Field
- Velpino will give you two types of runes, and 30 of each. The first set will cast Storm Blast, and the second set will cast Millenium Shield.
- Once you have entered the test room, you will fight 1 Spear Dynamo level 5 for the extra HIT, since the monsters have high FLEE.
, 1 , and 1 one at a time. The next monster spawns as soon as the previous monster dies. One good tip for the battle portion is to hotkey
- NOTE: The runes given to you will be taken away once the test is completed. Do not be afraid to use all of the runes given to you.
- Once you have defeated the three monsters, you will be warped back to the Rune Knight job change area. Speak to Velpino repeatedly until he directs you to return to the captain.
- Speak with Captain Tigris, who will congratulate you and ask you to dismount from your Peco Peco and store all items (player must be at 0 weight). Do so and speak with him again, he will change you to Rune Knight and give you 1 and 1
- Speak with him again and you will be given 1 Rune Plate  or 1 . (Note: I just completed this as of 11/7/11, and he gave me an accessory "Magic Stone Ring ". It has 0 defense, 0 weight, 0 level requirement and can only be used by Swordsmen. It also gives +2 STR. It cannot be stored and I'm guessing it can't be mailed or traded either.)
|Knight • Lord Knight • Rune Knight|
|Bowling Bash • Brandish Spear • Cavalier Mastery • Charge Attack • Counter Attack • One-Hand Quicken • Peco Peco Ride • Pierce • Spear Boomerang • Spear Mastery • Spear Stab • Twohand Quicken|
|Aura Blade • Clashing Spiral • Frenzy • |
|Death Bound • Dragon Breath • Dragon Howling • Dragon Training • Dragon Water Breath • Enchant Blade • Full Throttle • Hundred Spears • Ignition Break • Phantom Thrust • Rune Mastery • Sonic Wave • Wind Cutter|
|Quests||Knight Job Change Guide • Knight Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Rune Knight Job Change Guide|
|Weapons||One Handed Sword • Spear • Two Handed Sword|