Alchemist Job Change Guide
|Alchemist Job Change Guide|
|Item(s) (Consumed):|| 1 |
|Item(s) (Not Consumed):||1 , 1 |
|Item(s):||Potion Manual (Varies), Random Ore|
|Quest Reward(s):||Jobchange to Alchemist|
1. Proceed to Al De Baran. The building in the southwest corner is the Alchemist Guild. Inside, talk to the Alchemist Guildsman to sign up to become an Alchemist. She will ask you for 50,000 Zeny and random items from Set 1. She will also accepts both items from Set 2 as a substitute for the item requirements from Set 1.
2. Once the player has finished registering, go downstairs to a star-shaped room. Head towards the second room on the right side wall to talk with Fastidious Alchemist, Rasputchin Gregory.
Bypassing: If the player is Job 50, they can skip this part of the exam. You will still need to talk to him, but then he will send you to Step 4 .
3. Fastidious Alchemist, Rasputchin Gregorywill discuss ill-prepared Alchemists and then give a math oriented exam.
- This exam consists of:
- two (2) addition-subtraction questions
- three (3) multiplication-division questions
- two (2) questions pertaining to discount-overcharge, and
- three (3) questions about the DEF and weight of certain items and armors.
- The player will need to answer 80% of the questions correctly to proceed.
|Red Potion (12), Fly Wing (5) Butterfly Wing (1)||909 z|
|Red Potion (6), Green Potion (7) Fly Wing (8)||798 z|
|Green Potion (15), Magnifier (6), Trap (4)||934 z|
|3 Ring Pommel Sabers, 4 Caps, 2 Boots||550|
|2 Ring Pommel Sabers, 3 Caps, 3 Boots||480|
|3 Scimitars, 2 Helms, Coat||450|
|Buckler, Coat, Gas Mask, Big Ribbon, Cute Ribbon, Sakkat, Glasses||16|
|Biretta, Mantle, Opera Mask, Ribbon, Muffler, Boots, Ear Muffs||20|
|Mirror Shield, Mr. Smile, Leather Jacket, Silk Robe, Wedding Veil, Muffler, Eye Patch||12|
- 5 Helms
- Standard price = 44,000z
- 24% discount = 33,440z
- 20% discount selling price = 35,200z
- Profit (35,200-33,440)*5 = 8,800z
- 4 Padded Armor
- Standard price = 48,000z
- 24% discount = 36,480z
- 20% discount selling price = 38,400
- Profit (38,400-36,480)*4 = 7,680z
- 3 Tights
- Standard price = 71,000
- 24% discount = 53,960
- 20% discount selling price = 56,800
- Profit (56,800-53,960)*3 = 8,520
4. After passing the quiz, head to the next room, South and talk with Studying Man, Darwin. He will explain the basics for creating potions.
Bypassing: Giving an Step 15) in honor of the bribe. The flower is to be presented when he asks you to bring the other materials, so the player will still need to choose the 1st option after selecting the flower option.to Darwin by first selecting the flower option when initially speaking to him will send the player directly to the final NPC (
- He will then ask questions regarding potion creation after he explains the process.
- The answers are obvious as the incorrect answers are foolish comments like "dance around and flap your arms".
- If you failed this part you need to repeat the process again including new materials.
- Canceling the dialogue will also fail you and eat your materials.
The player will need the following items for this part:
- 3 (The 3 Medicine bowls can be bought upstairs from the male Alchemist NPC)
Mixture and Counteragent
5. Move to the next room to meet with Experiment Expert, Van Helmont.
- Note: It is not actually required that the player make Counteragents or Mixtures, the player just needs these items to do this part of the quest:
- 1 , 1 , 1 , 2 pcs of
- With Alberta. Enter the Manor near the top of the map , and head to the second floor. , and in the inventory, go to
- Speak to Louitz , found in the last room upstairs by the bookshelf. Choose Talk about Solutions. He will mention "Morgenstein".
- Head to Geffen, and talk with Aure Dupon , located to the left of the east Kafra. Choose Ask About Molgenstein. He'll direct you to Geffen's former blacksmith guild.
- Enter the former Blacksmith Guild and head upstairs. Talk to Morgenstein in the second floor's room. Choose Ask about his research.
- Now whenever you visit him, he will offer to make
or if you bring him ingredients and zeny.
- List of materials needed is found in the Dye Ingredients page.
9. Head back to Al de Baran to talk with Experiment Expert, Van Helmont. He'll ask the player two questions pertaining what was just learned from the Dye quest. For reference:
|Counteragent||Detrimindextra (1) + Alcohol (1)|
|Mixture||Karvodailnirol (1) + Alcohol (1)|
10. In the next room Chief Researcher, Nicholas Flamelwill give simple word puzzles which include unscrambling names and items in Ragnarok and other word related puzzles.
11. Once finished, talk to him again and he will give the following items which are needed for the following part of the quest.
- DO NOT SELL OR STORE THE ITEMS
12. Nicholas will tell the player to go meet Bajin Juno.and Bain in
- Before heading out, make sure to have the following items along with the items from Nicholas:
- 2000 zeny
13. Head to Juno, and enter the building in the South-Western area . Go upstairs to find two brothers. Give them all the items and they will attempt to make Gold. This experiment fails most of the time and the player will receive a variety of items from iron ores to gold depending on luck. You do not need to obtain a specific item. Any one attempt is enough to satisfy the requirement.
14. After the experiment is complete, head back to Al De Baran and talk with Chief Researcher, Nicholas Flamel again. He will tell you to go upstairs.
15. Head to the second floor of the Alchemist guild and talk to Master Alchemistwith rainbow colored hair to change jobs.
- If the player is Job 50, he/she will receive a (240,000z).
- If he/she chooses to change to Alchemist at any job level lower than 50, he/she will receive a random potion manual which are 100,000z each and sold by the male Alchemist on the ground floor.