||0.3 + (Skill Level × 0.2) seconds
||10 + (Skill level × 10) seconds
|(Monk) Flee (Skill) Lv. 5
Root (Alt: Blade Stop) is a 2nd class active skill available as Monk and Champion.
Performs a stance that allows the user to "catch" an enemy when they use a normal attack against the user during the Time Frame, starting the "Root" status for both. During this status, only the user can attack, by using a skill that is determined by the level of this skill (unless the enemy is also a Monk class, see Notes). This skill only works on regular attacks and each cast uses a Spirit Sphere whether or not the enemy is caught.
- Since this skill is of the Monk discipline, if the user Roots a Monk class enemy, then the enemy can also use skills while in Root; which skills are available is determined by each player's level of Root.
- During the Root status, players/monsters will retain all of their original characteristics, except the inability to move or attack. They can be damaged, attacked, use items or even change gears.
- Rooted players/monsters are also susceptible to effects like knockback (and it will not affect the Root status).
- Throw Spirit Sphere is weakened when used from Root, as Root itself consumes one Spirit Sphere.
- Root only works from Melee range. It can be used against Ranged attackers, but the user of Root must be within Melee range.