|Cast Time:||0.3 + (Skill Level × 0.2) seconds|
|Cast Delay:||0.5 seconds|
|(Monk) Flee (Skill) Lv. 5|
Performs a stance that allows the user to "catch" an enemy when they use a normal attack against the user during the Time Frame, starting the "Root" status for both. During this status, only the user can attack, by using a skill that is determined by the level of this skill (unless the enemy is also a Monk class, see Notes). This skill only works on regular attacks and each cast uses a Spirit Sphere whether or not the enemy is caught. Occult Impaction and Throw Spirit Sphere damage is increased by 50% when used against target that user caught with Root.
|Level||Skill Unlocked||Time Frame|
- Since this skill is of the Monk discipline, if the user Roots a Monk class enemy, then the enemy can also use skills while in Root; which skills are available is determined by each player's level of Root.
- During the Root status, players/monsters will retain all of their original characteristics, except the inability to move or attack. They can be damaged, attacked, use items or even change gears.
- Rooted players/monsters are also susceptible to effects like knockback (and it will not affect the Root status).
- Root only works from Melee range. It can be used against Ranged attackers, but the user of Root must be within Melee range.
- Can be used on boss monsters but duration is reduced to 2 seconds.
- Guillotine Fist only requires 1 Spirit Sphere to be cast in the Root status but still requires the Fury status.
- It is possible to continue the Raging Quadruple Blow to Raging Thrust if the enemy is selected right after Quadruple. This way, it is possible use the folowing combos:
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust -> Glacier Fist
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust -> Chain Crush Combo
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust -> Glacier Fist -> Chain Crush Combo
- Root -> Raging Quadruple Blow -> Raging Thrust -> Chain Crush Combo -> Guillotine Fist (Needs to have 1 Spirit Sphere after Chain Crush Combo and be in Fury status)
has the previous version of this skill before the 2020 skill updates.
- 3 seconds cooldown added.
- Duration decreased.
- Old: 10 + (Skill Level × 10) seconds
- New: 10 seconds (2 seconds on boss monsters) at all skill levels
- Skills can now be used on boss monsters.
- The following skills will deal 50% more damage on target caught with Root.