Monk Job Change Guide
|Monk Job Change Guide|
|Item(s) (Consumed):||Varies (See Table)|
|Quest Reward(s):||Jobchange to Monk|
1. Visit the Monk Abbey (prt_monk), located one map East, one map North and two maps East of Prontera.
Alternative route to the Monk Abbey is to go to the Prontera Church (Prontera 234/314) in the northeastern corner of Prontera. Go to the room to the right-hand side and talk to Priest Praupin, ask him "What should I do?" then select "Go to the convent."
2. Talk to Guarding Monk
then enter the warp
and talk to Sensei Moohae
. If you meet the qualifications, he will give you the first test, item collecting.
3. Sensei Moohae will assign you one of the following quests:
|Set 1||5, 10 , 10|
|Set 2||5, 20 , 5|
|Set 3||5, 10 , 20|
|Set 4||5, 10 , 20|
|Set 5||10, 5 , 20|
|Set 6||30, 5 , 10|
|Set 7||20, 5 , 3|
4. Once the items have been collected, return to Sensei Moohae. You will be directed to Elder Touha
, located at the top right area, for the memory test.
5. Elder Touha will have you remember one of the following:
- And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from the hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command and we shall flow a river forth thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
- I seek the path of enlightenment. We monks shall hold true to what we believe and will help protect others through the teachings we learn through our lives. In nomine Patris, et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
- I commit myself to veritas and aequitas. I will follow my path to enlightenment and purity. I will protect my brothers with my life. Evil shall never be victorious while I breathe. In nomine Patris, et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
She will read an entire passage out before allowing you to recite it. There is no penalty for failing; you can simply retry the test. Once complete, you will be sent to Boohae, located at the bottom left side of the map.
will give you the option of two tests: Marathon and Mushroom collecting (Only reason to choose 'Marathon' over 'Mushroom' is lack of agility/concentration potion). Later, the player may return to Boohae to change the test, if it is needed.
7a. If you choose "Marathon"(
NOTE: This test is long and tedious and should be avoided unless you have no agility or zeny for concentration potions.): Talk to the door keeper in front of the Abby at
. After, enter the building and find Bashu. Tell him "Marathon". He will then send you to another area.
Run around this map without falling into the pits for 10 laps to complete the Marathon test (each time through the end portal counts as a completed lap). The map is shaped like a ring, with occasional holes that players can fall into. This test is easier to complete by lowering the camera angle very low (Ctrl+Shift+mouse wheel up), allowing pits far ahead to be seen easily.
Note that disconnecting will send you back to your save point. After the test is completed with all ten laps, you will automatically be sent out. It takes approximately 30 minutes with Increase Agility to complete.
Skip to Step 8.
7b. If you choose to Collect Mushrooms: you will be ask to go
to a copy of Saint Capitolina Abbey where you must hunt two (2) types of mushrooms (Gooey & Orange). The NPC does not tell the player that they have enough mushrooms until they have 30 of either type of mushroom. During the test, you will also encounter Thief Bugs who will loot your mushrooms and assist other thief bugs if attacked. These are however quite weak considering your level.
The mushrooms from the Thief test can also be used. While it is possible to have a perspective Thief gather the mushrooms, it should be easier to have an Acolyte with high agility and buffs to complete this test faster. It is best to do this bare-handed for maximum ASPD (since the damage is 1 even with a weapon).
8. Now locate Tomoon. He is in the same mushroom building, go in further
, also found indoors within the Abbey inside what appears to be a glowing cross. He sends you to an invisible maze. Be warned that during this test, monsters will spawn, such as Zombies and Mummies. They should not be much of a challenge, but keep in mind that you don't have much maneuvering area here.
It is possible to check if a certain cell is passable by pointing the cursor at it. Walkable cells will have the usual green walk marker; if there is none, then that cell is blocked. Generally, try sticking to a straight line from the door to the exit. If there is a choice of routes, take the one that goes closer to the center line. Patience is highly required. Disconnecting in this test will send a player back to their save point.
It's possible to use the navigation system to show a way through the maze. /navi prt_monk 196/168 will get you to the exit.
9. Once out of the maze, talk to Tomoon again and drink the Green Potion he hands over. Then return to Moohae and answers his question.
After giving a lengthy speech, he will job changes you into a Monk. As a reward, he'll give you aor a if your job level is 50.