Shadow Chaser Job Change Guide
From iRO Wiki
|Shadow Chaser Job Change Guide|
|Job Level:||50 (70 strongly recommended, will never recover lost skill points otherwise)|
|Job Class:||Rogue or Stalker|
|Item(s) (Consumed):|| 1 |
|Quest Prerequisite(s):||Turtle Island Entrance Quest|
|Quest Reward(s):||Job Change to Shadow Chaser|
- Speak to the Girl
- She tells you about Shadow Chasers and ask you to go to the Rogue guild.
- Inside the Rogue Guild
- He will describe an encryption method to you and tell you PAYON is encoded as 35 11 54 34 33
, proceed to the lower floor and speak to the Scary Man in the southeast room.
- He will give you some code: 43 23 11 14 34 52 / 52 34 42 30 43 23 34 35 / 24 33 / 35 42 34 33 44 15 42 11
- This translates to Shadow Workshop in Prontera, so head to Prontera.
- Note for non-iRO players : The given code can be different across servers; read the table on step 2 to solve the code. A common deviation is 'shadow atelier in prontera'.
- Enter the building in South-East part of Prontera and speak to the Manager, Graham
- Show him the deciphered code, and enter the text from the previous step.
- When he asks, tell him you'll try and break in and steal the treasure.
- He will explain another cipher, you are given a keyword (which is a number) and a set of numbers
- Subtract the keyword from all numbers in the code, then use the prior lookup, then do a 1 to 1 correspondence with the alphabet.
- For example: [7 17 26 10 / 11 14 23 10 / 20 19 / 25 26 23 25 17 10 / 14 24 17 6 19 9 / 25 13 14 23 9 / 11 17 20 20 23] [Error: 5]
- Subtract 5 from every number, then translate, the message you get is Blue Fire on Turtle Island third floor.
- Proceed to Turtle Island 3. You may need to do the Turtle Island Entrance Quest.
- Speak to the Blue Flame
- When you try and touch the flame, it will mock you.
, and enter the deciphered code.
- It will tell you to hunt a Shadow of Deception (Wind Ghost with high HP) somewhere on the map.
- Tip: You can use Tunnel Drive or Stealth when searching all of 3 Shadows.
- The skill not only help you to avoid monsters, but also help you to lure the Shadows.
- The shadows are Demon race so they still chase you on Hide/Stealth but you can lure them without other monster attacking you.
- Be careful that Niflheim has more Demon monsters there.
- If more than 1 Rogue/Stalker doing this quest or you have friend to help, it's recommended to create a party to make this Shadow hunting easier and share the kill count on screen.
- Return to the Blue Flame and try to pick up the marbles again. You will be warped to a small room.
- Click on the shell and chose either option. It will you "DECEIVE", a key, and the result of DECEIVE + the key. It will then prompt you for a result from "HONESTY".
- After entering the correct code, you will receive a Key of Deception.
- Return to the Manager, Graham in Prontera and show him the key, he will tell you to head to Rachel and look for the gallery there.
- Go to Rachel and talk to the Manager (168, 65).
- Tell him you were sent by Graham.
- He will give you another set of codes.
- [ R-E-N-N-N-D / L-N-N-W-W-N-D ] and a hint, these are directions to Ice Dungeon from Rachel and Lighthalzen (respectively).
- Proceed to Ice Dungeon level 2, Northeast area, walk to the end of the offshoot and speak to the Red Flame
- It will tell you to hunt a Shadow of Illusion (Skogul with high HP) somewhere on the map.
- Return to the Red Flame, and you will be warped to a small room.
- Talk to the box, after some discussion, it will hint you should use the cipher from step 2.
- Once you have the word translated, take the sum of all the digits.
- COLD = 13 34 31 14 = 1+3+3+4+3+1+1+4 = 20
- FOOT = 21 34 34 44 = 2+1+3+4+3+4+4+4 = 25
- SEED = 43 15 15 14 = 4+3+1+5+1+5+1+4 = 24
- Once you receive the Key of Illusion, you will be sent back to Ice Dungeon 2.
- Return to the Manager in Rachel and show him the key, he will ask you to find Manager, Haled in Juno.
- Talk to Manager, Haled
in Juno , if he isn't being cooperative, tell him I know what you did last summer!.
- Speak to him again, and he will give you a poem that hints towards Nifflheim.
- At the center of the north edge of Nifflheim, speak to the Red Flame
- It will as you to hunt a Shadow of Pleasure (Succubus with high HP) somewhere on the map.
- Return to the Red Flame and you will be warped to a small room.
- You will be given a series of numbers: 20 21 18 14 / 1 14 4 / 19 8 1 11 5
- Convert them directly to letters and enter TURN AND SHAKE, when prompted "turn the house" and "roll it to upside down".
- Once you receive the Key of Pleasure, return to Manager, Haled in Juno.
- Go to Juno again and speak to Manager, Haled. He will send you to Manager, Vicente in Lighthalzen.
- Enter the building in the very southwest corner of
- After you show Manager, Vicente the keys, he will tell you to go to the first floor of Thanatos Tower.
, and speak to the Manager, Vincente behind the desk.
- To get to Thanatos Tower, from Juno travel south one map, east one map, then north two maps. Tell the npc to the northwest to send you to thanatos tower. If you have problem dealing with monsters especially Novus, Hide/Stealth is your friend.
- On the north half of Thanatos Tower, walk to the center of the two spiraling staircases, and into the portal .
- Talk to the statue in the small room and place the keys to receive A Master's Brush.
- Return to Manager, Vicente in Lighthalzen, select any option, he will ask you to go upstairs and speak with someone else.
- Up the stairs, speak with Dumk (70, 66) and ask to change to a Shadow Chaser.
- You will be rewarded with a , , and .
|Rogue • Stalker • Shadow Chaser|
| 2nd Class
| Back Stab • Close Confine • Divest Armor • Divest Helm • Divest Shield • Divest Weapon • Double Strafe • Gank • Haggle • Intimidate • Mug • |
| Counter Instinct • Full Divestment • Preserve • |
| 3rd Class
|Bloody Lust • Body Painting • Chaos Panic • Deadly Infection • Dimensional Door • Divest Accessory • Emergency Escape • Fatal Manace • Feint Bomb • Full Throttle • Invisibility • Maelstrom • Manhole • Masquerade-Enervation • Masquerade-Groomy • Masquerade-Ignorance • Masquerade-Laziness • Masquerade-Unlucky • Masquerade-Weakness • Reproduce • Shadow Formation • Shadow Spell • Triangle Shot|
|Quests||Rogue Job Change Guide • Rogue Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Shadow Chaser Job Change Guide|
|Weapons||Dagger • Bow (Arrows) • One Handed Sword|