|Job Type:||2-2 Transcendent|
|Number of Skills:||8|
|Total Skill Points:||24|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Jobchange Guide
- 3 Builds
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Class Data
- 6 See Also
- 7 External Links
Quenching their lifelong thirst for learning, Scholars have accumulated a greater body of knowledge than ever before! They have new, creative uses for their mystical skills to support allies and frustrate enemies. Although Scholars do not boast the sheer power of their counterpart, the High Wizard, their inventive applications of magic are their keys to victory.
Scholars are the transcendent version of Sages. Through rebirth, Scholars gain class-defining SP manipulative skills such as Soul Exhale, Indulge, and Soul Siphon. The two former skills enable Scholars to act as endless sources of SP, which makes them a favorable class for party play. The third SP-manipulating skill, Soul Siphon, allows Scholars to offensively eliminate all of their opponent's SP, making Scholars a formidable class for PvP and WoE.
Jobchange GuideJuno. The book will lead you to Valhalla so you can change your job through the Scholar job NPC. Also you must reach at least job level 40 as a transcendent 1st class character.
- STR: 1
- AGI: 99+
- VIT: 20-30
- INT: 99+
- DEX: 1-20
- LUK: 1
This is similar to the Hindsight Sage build. However, a Scholar is able to further enhance the efficiency of Hindsight by using the skill Double Bolt, which vastly improves damage compared to a Sage. Note that this build requires a constant Sage Spirit link from a Soul Linker to function effectively. This build is less vulnerable to silence due to the automatic-casting nature of Hindsight, and can deal high amounts of damage. Some builds will take VIT as well to increase HP, or DEX for casting speed. Largely a PvM build, Hindsight types are rare in WoE and MVP scenarios.
- STR: 1
- AGI: 1
- VIT: 1-60
- INT: 120+
- DEX: 110-130
- LUK: 1
Considered a PvP build, the Bolter utilizes high INT, Foresight, Fiber Lock and Double Bolt to inflict massive damage on their foes. They can also render their opponents semi-useless with Soul Siphon. This build allows Scholars to perform the same supportive roles as support-type Scholars due to their high DEX, high maximum SP, and similarity between skill builds, in addition to having offensive options. However, having minimal VIT leaves this build more vulnerable to stun and silence status effects than support builds in PvP and WoE scenarios. Refer to the Bolter section for information on PvP tactics.
- STR: 1
- AGI: 1-25
- VIT: 99 base or 100 total
- INT: 1-40 (only 3x INT is needed to have enough MATK for Frost Diver and Heaven's Drive to seldom miss foes)
- DEX: 140-150
- LUK: 1
The Support type is the most common build among Scholars. Although they come in a large variety of stats, their common point is the maxed DEX and their very low INT (can be hybridized), which makes solo leveling for them via bolts neigh impossible. They are however much preferred for party play with classes that heavily rely on SP.
This is the staple WoE build for a Scholar, maxing DEX a getting either 100 total VIT, or 99 base VIT. A few points into INT to make Heaven's Drive knock players out of Hiding or similar skills. The rest of the points go into AGI for ASPD.
Gears tend to focus on damage mitigation:
- STR: 1-80
- AGI: 70-110
- VIT: 1-50
- INT: 91-110
- DEX: 1-75
- LUK: 1-30
This build does not differ much, stat-wise, from their Sage counterpart. However Double Bolt greatly enhances their offensive capability, while Foresight offsets their generally low DEX when bolting manually. Coupled with the Sage Spirit buff of Soul Linkers, they can deal high amounts of damage. They can also render their opponents semi-useless with Soul Siphon or support their allies with Soul Exhale. These builds vary largely, some even using pure melee damage for attacking. Hybrids can deal with many situations, but are usually not optimal in a certain field. They are fairly rare in WoE/PVP activities. Unusually, they can use automatic-casting equipment to further supplement Hindsight.
Although INT based or Battle builds can opt to solo, Scholars are much preferred for party play thanks to Indulge and Soul Exhale. It allows them to team up with classes that require lots of SP to do the killing, mostly Snipers, Monks/Champions, and Lord Knights.
Besides the Sage skills already available to them, they get further use in supporting SP needy classes with Soul Exhale. They can also make use of Soul Siphon and Soul Exhale to strip other classes of their SP, or Fiber Lock, to stop anyone in their tracks.
- Fire Bolt Combo: Anything that does not massively stack MDEF or wear Fire elemental armor can be decimated by Stone Curse + double Fiber Lock + Double Bolt Fire Bolt combos. Damage can be further amplified by standing on Volcano and using .
- Distraction: Utilizing Soul Siphon can render any foe semi-useless, but do note that this type of disablement is temporary. SP recovery items like Blue Potions and Strawberries may be used to quickly replenish a character's siphoned SP. However, those few, crucial seconds of attention spent on recovering SP may be enough for a Scholar to achieve victory in a PvP or WoE situation. Soul Siphon should be regarded as a supplementary distraction to set up for other tactics. It should not be relied upon as a complete, single disabling skill.
- Bolt-switching: Although Scholars can achieve high amounts of damage with Fire Bolts in conjunction with Fiber Lock, Volcano, and/or Stone Curse, they should not be limited to just one type of bolt. Constantly using Fire Bolt may make the Scholar predictable in PvP, and opponents may choose to counter with a Fire elemental armor. The Scholar can meta-counter this tactic by using a variety of different bolts during combat. If the opponent switches elemental armors in an attempt to counter all of the Scholar's bolts, the Scholar may choose to use mind-game strategies. One strategy to counter armor-switching is to begin casting a maxed level bolt, cast-canceling the skill, then following up with a different bolt (preferably a low-level bolt for quick casting speed). Using with Cold Bolt can effectively counter an opponent who switches to a Fire elemental armor.
- Detection: When facing an opponent using the Hiding or Cloaking skill, it may be advantageous for the Scholar to use level 1 Heaven's Drive instead of Sight. Using Heaven's Drive allows the Scholar to reveal the opponent from a distance. The Scholar may follow up with an offensive attack immediately upon revealing the opponent. If the opponent continues to hide, the Scholar may repeatedly use Heaven's Drive to damage the opponent and discourage them from hiding.
- Defense: Standing inside both Safety Wall and Blinding Mist offers the Scholar a considerable amount of protection. Safety Wall completely protects the Scholar from many deadly short-range attacks, such as Guillotine Fist, Sonic Blow (amplified with Sonic Acceleration, Enchant Deadly Poison, and the Assassin Spirit), High Speed Cart Ram, and many others. Additionally, Blinding Mist offers a 75% chance for all target skills to miss completely, and all normal long-range attacks receive a 75% damage reduction and -50 HIT reduction when the Scholar stands inside Blinding Mist. Standing inside Safety Wall + Blinding Mist is often considered one of the best defensive postures in PvP and WoE scenarios.
These weapons are very effective if refined up to +9 ~ +10
Obs: Orlean's combo for cast, and cards recommended; Thorny Buckler + Bison Horn for agi/Hindsight builds, and cards recommended for more DPS.
For more information about Sage skills, click here.
|Create a 5x3 area with protection against various attacks and inflict the blind status on all characters and monsters inside it.||1||Active|
|Gives the caster a buff that has a 40%~80% chance of a bolt spell triggering twice with a single cast.||5||Supportive|
|Shoot a spider web to immobilize a target for 8 seconds (4 against players).||1||Active|
|Reduces the casting time of the next 5 casts by half.||1||Supportive|
|Consumes 10% of the user's Max HP to restore 10%~50% of that amount as SP.||5||Supportive|
|Increases the target's MATK by 20%~100% while decreasing its Soft MDEF by 12~60.||5||Offensive|
|Exchange caster's remaining SP amount with the SP amount of a target.||1||Active|
|Grants a 40%~70% chance to fully drain the SP amount of a target.||5||Offensive|
The job levels in which a Scholar receives a certain bonus:
Scholars can use Concentration and Awakening Potions.
- Scholar Skill Tree at Skill Simulator
|Sage & Scholar|
| 2nd Class
|Cast Cancel • Create Elemental Converter • Deluge • Dispell • Dragonology • Earth Spike • Elemental Change • Endow Blaze • Endow Tornado • Endow Tsunami • Endow Quake • Free Cast • Heaven's Drive • Hindsight • Hocus-pocus • Magic Rod • Magnetic Earth • Sense • Spell Breaker • Study • Volcano • Whirlwind|
|Blinding Mist • Double Bolt • Fiber Lock • Foresight • Indulge • Mind Breaker • Soul Exhale • Soul Siphon|
|Quests||Sage Job Change Guide • Sage Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough|
|Weapons||Book • Rod|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice • High Novice • Super Novice|
|First Class||Acolyte • Archer • High First Class • Magician • Merchant • Swordman • Thief|
|Second Class||Priest • Monk • Hunter • Bard • Dancer • Wizard • Sage • Blacksmith • Alchemist • Knight • Crusader • Assassin • Rogue|
|Transcendent Second Class||High Priest • Champion • Sniper • Minstrel • Gypsy • High Wizard • Scholar • Mastersmith • Biochemist • Lord Knight • Paladin • Assassin Cross • Stalker|
|Expanded Class||Gunslinger • Ninja • TaeKwon Kid • TaeKwon Master • Soul Linker|