Reading Spell Book
|Reading Spell Book|
|SP Cost:||Same as Sealed Spell|
|Fixed Cast Time:||1 second|
|Variable Cast Time:||5 seconds|
|Cast Delay:||0.5 seconds|
Reading Spell Book (Alt: Reading Spellbook) is a 3rd class active skill available as Warlock.
Memorize a spell inscribed by the used Spell Book by first putting it on the skill bar and then pressing that key. Then the sealed skills can be released on a target at any time with Release Level 1.
Each Warlock has a number of maximum Mind Slots in which they can memorize spells, which is determined by Base Level, INT and the level of Freezing Spell if the player has learned it. This determines how many skills they can keep memorized at any given time. A maximum of 7 spells can be memorized regardless of mind slots.
Note that this is an implicit mechanic. There is no visible indication of how many spells a player can memorize or has memorized.
Mind Slots = (FreezingSpell_Lv × 8) + Floor(BaseLv ÷ 10) + Floor(INT ÷ 10)
- At least Freezing Spell Level 1 is required.
- Upon sealing a spell up, its SP Cost is applied immediately.
- Attempting to read a Spell Book for a skill the caster does not know will fail and put the caster to sleep.
Spell Books can be bought from Lea in the Mage Guild after talking to Wizard Administrator Velopos.
- Spell Books do not disappear when used.
- Spell Books are tradeable and can be bought any amount of times as long as one has enough zeny.
- If your Spell Book is an ETC item, it is an outdated version and can be thrown away.
- Ultimate Spellbooks Quest must be completed before ultimate rank can be purchased.
List of Spell Books
|Spell Book Rank||Spell Book||Mind Slots||Zeny Cost|
|Lord of Vermilion)(||10||100,000|
has the previous version of this skill before the 2022 skill update.
- October 13th, 2022
- Changed to passive skill, Spellbooks are now usable item and will memorize the corresponding spell used.
- Removed lower tier Spellbooks.
- Increased Mind Slots.