From iRO Wiki
|Duration:||(Durability ÷ 50) seconds|
|(Mage) Frost Diver Lv. 1, Stone Curse Lv. 1, (Super Novice) Quest|
Creates a wall of ice in a targeted location to impede movement until its durability wears off or expires.
- The durability decreases by 50 each second and can be reduced further by attacking it.
- A seemingly unlimited number of monsters can be trapped within the same ice wall. When multiple monsters are following the player, placing an ice wall to immobilize the first monster in line usually result in the other monsters following right into the wall and getting immobilized too.
- When a monster is trapped by an ice wall, it is still vulnerable by targeted skills and physical attacks. A player standing in front of and 1 cell away from the ice wall will be able to attack the monster and completely avoid being hit by it, if the monster's attack range is no greater than 1 cell.
- Because cells affected by ice wall become "snipable wall" type, area skills used after ice walls are in place do not directly hit those cells. Although several skills —most notably (but not limited to) Storm Gust, Meteor Storm and Lord of Vermilion— sometimes appear to hit monsters in ice wall, this is a result of splash damage to adjacent non-walled cells and not any other special property of these skills. Note that casting this skill on a cell after an area skill has already been used on it does not stop the effect of the area skill; this skill must be cast before the area akill in order to have any protective use.
- Monsters with Teleport usually activate it a few moments after getting hit if they are trapped by an ice wall. Some monsters may not teleport if the player is standing within its casting range.
- Players don't get immobilized by an ice wall unless they are completely surrounded by it. A player or monster surrounded by a 3x3 cell area of this skill is still vulnerable to targeted skills and ranged attacks, but is no longer vulnerable to area skills including Storm Gust, Meteor Storm and Lord of Vermilion.
- The ice wall is Neutral property and can be damaged by regular attacks (melee or ranged), single target skills and Sightrasher. Skills and weapons with splash-damage effect (Napalm Vulcan, Hunter's Blitz Beat) will damage surrounding ice walls even when targeting trapped players or monsters within it.
- This skill is disabled in WoE but it does work in PvP.
- This skill can be used to release unwanted stored spells in fields, dungeons, and towns by selecting it as a target.
- In addition to Level 1 Frost Diver and Level 1 Stone Curse, Super Novices also have a prerequisite of doing the Expansion Quest. Wizards only require the forementioned skills.
- This skill is disabled in Lighthalzen Dungeon 5 (Nightmare Biolab).
- This skill can be used to immobilize monsters traveling from West to East and from South to North (using the mini-map as a reference). The easiest way to pull this off is having an ice wall placed right on the ground cell the monster is currently walking on. A single ice wall is enough to immobilize a monster, but a second ice wall must be placed adjacent to and behind the first to effectively trap the monster and prevent it from escaping and attacking other players. Placing the second ice wall is also useful to cancel the knock-back feature of Jupitel Thunder and Storm Gust.
|Wizard • High Wizard • Warlock|
|Earth Spike • |
|Ganbantein • Gravitational Field • Mystical Amplification • Napalm Vulcan • Soul Drain • Stave Crasher|
|Chain Lightning • Comet • Crimson Rock • Drain Life • Earth Strain • Freezing Spell • Frost Misty • Full Throttle • Hell Inferno • Intensification • Jack Frost • Marsh Of Abyss • Radius • Reading Spell Book • Recognized Spell • Release • Sienna Execrate • Soul Expansion • Stasis • Summon Fire Ball • Summon Lightning Ball • Summon Stone • Summon Water Ball • Tetra Vortex • White Imprison|
|Quests||Wizard Job Change Guide • Wizard Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Warlock Job Change Guide • Ultimate Spellbooks Quest|